Sign in to follow this  
Mark Taylor

Going to Amsterdam?

keep trying for the GA standing.  I tried at 0900 this morning and no joy - ended up with 2 seated tickets.

tried again at 1050 hrs and bagged two GA Standing so happy days.

U2 in Amsterdam - is there a better combination? 

Yessss 3 field tickets!!! It was very hard getting them, but i kept trying and see......

For all people who are confused about the layout of the Amsterdam Arena:

• Stage is at the north side of the pitch
  • GA / Pitch has two entrances, they both end up at the south side of the pitch and from there you can find a spot.
  • Normally the front side of the pitch will have a barrier, if you will queue early on the day you will make it inside.
  • There's 2 queues on the outside, for every entrance (G and J) there's one. 
  • Dutch people don't mind if you leave the queue for refreshments or other business. 
  • Red Zone will have a separate entrance at the side of the stadium. This isn't an official entrance, so it's not on the map, but last time (360 Tour) it was somewhere between G and F.
  • If you're looking for decent seating, but cannot pay the maximum amount, aim for block 119 (entrance M).
  • Block 420, 421 and 422 (rows 1-10) provide a great view too. 
  • When you can try to get to the 'main stand' first level. This one normally has lots of empty spots in the middle of the stand, so just wait till the concert starts and make your way in. 
  • Amsterdam ArenA has a lot of 'founders' who can claim their own chair(s) for every event. If they decide not to claim this right their tickets will go on sale in the coming months. So keep on trying if you need extra tickets. 
  • In the week(s) before the gig extra tickets will go on sale. They do this to frustrate scalpers and say it's because the production provides a better view from more spots. 

If you need more assistance, please ask. 

• Stage is at the north side of the pitch
  • GA / Pitch has two entrances, they both end up at the south side of the pitch and from there you can find a spot.
  • Normally the front side of the pitch will have a barrier, if you will queue early on the day you will make it inside.
  • There's 2 queues on the outside, for every entrance (G and J) there's one. 
  • Dutch people don't mind if you leave the queue for refreshments or other business. 
  • Red Zone will have a separate entrance at the side of the stadium. This isn't an official entrance, so it's not on the map, but last time (360 Tour) it was somewhere between G and F.
  • If you're looking for decent seating, but cannot pay the maximum amount, aim for block 119 (entrance M).
  • Block 420, 421 and 422 (rows 1-10) provide a great view too. 
  • When you can try to get to the 'main stand' first level. This one normally has lots of empty spots in the middle of the stand, so just wait till the concert starts and make your way in. 
  • Amsterdam ArenA has a lot of 'founders' who can claim their own chair(s) for every event. If they decide not to claim this right their tickets will go on sale in the coming months. So keep on trying if you need extra tickets. 
  • In the week(s) before the gig extra tickets will go on sale. They do this to frustrate scalpers and say it's because the production provides a better view from more spots. 

If you need more assistance, please ask. 

Thanks for the clear explanation!

I'm like really short so I guess I will not be able to see anything. But the vibe will do too!

I'm like really short so I guess I will not be able to see anything. But the vibe will do too!

If you're short, be sure you'll get a spot in the front section on the pitch and move all the way back. Normally everyone wants to go up front so you'll have plenty of space to move a bit to the side when a huge Dutchman (or woman) is standing just in front of you :-)

If there are second dates added I doubt there will be pre sales, they will just go on sale the same day as show 1 sells out.

•  

Do you have any sources or confirmation about that?! The only floormap where you can see a barrier on the pitch, is the map of Croke Park Dublin. All other maps only seems to have 1 big GA-area (+ Red Zone).

Although it makes sense for me if the GA-floor in ALL STADIUMS will be seperated into two parts by a barrier, just for safety reasons. That would be an extra advantage for fans who are queuing early because with a barrier (and wristle bands to enter this area) it will be easier to leave your place to get some drinks or going to the toilets. :)

If there is only one big area on the floor, it's really a hell to leave your spot to get some drinks etc, so it means you have to stay on your spot the whole evening (and that's a long time because doors will be open already at 16h30, and I don't see U2 taking stage before 21h)

Edited by Lobmans

•  

Do you have any sources or confirmation about that?! The only floormap where you can see a barrier on the pitch, is the map of Croke Park Dublin. All other maps only seems to have 1 big GA-area (+ Red Zone).

Although it makes sense for me if the GA-floor in ALL STADIUMS will be seperated into two parts by a barrier, just for safety reasons. That would be an extra advantage for fans who are queuing early because with a barrier (and wristle bands to enter this area) it will be easier to leave your place to get some drinks or going to the toilets. :)

If there is only one big area on the floor, it's really a hell to leave your spot to get some drinks etc, so it means you have to stay on your spot the whole evening (and that's a long time because doors will be open already at 16h30, and I don't see U2 taking stage before 21h)

I haven't got sources or confirmation, but it has been done like this for decades now. Since the ZOOROPA Tour this system was used in the Netherlands when playing in stadiums, so you can be sure it will be like that on this tour too. 

They'll let about one third of the total amount of GA tickets in this section, which is quite a lot, so just start queuing at noon and you're quite certain of a spot inside this section. If you want to be at the very front then you'll have to show up earlier. But if you don't mind to be 20 meters from the stage and have plenty of space around you and no people pushing you in the back, you are fine.

In Amsterdam they create two queues and let people in at the same time when the gates will open. 

Not happy at all with the way this pre-sale went down. I was going for 4GA tickets but after hours of refusing the tickets offered, re-entering the ticketmaster page and refreshing the page I decided not to risk it anymore and bought 2 x 2 seating tickets. This is the service you get for being a memeber of the fanclub?

I go to concerts often and never had this happening to me. It certainly takes away some of the fun.

So much for a well organised pre-sale; lets hope the concert will be better than this F*ck-up

If you're short, be sure you'll get a spot in the front section on the pitch and move all the way back. Normally everyone wants to go up front so you'll have plenty of space to move a bit to the side when a huge Dutchman (or woman) is standing just in front of you :-)

I did that in 2005! but now I have no time to queue all day. I have young children so I guess I'm just going to feel the vibes and party and everything else is bonus!

•  

I haven't got sources or confirmation, but it has been done like this for decades now. Since the ZOOROPA Tour this system was used in the Netherlands when playing in stadiums, so you can be sure it will be like that on this tour too. 

They'll let about one third of the total amount of GA tickets in this section, which is quite a lot, so just start queuing at noon and you're quite certain of a spot inside this section. If you want to be at the very front then you'll have to show up earlier. But if you don't mind to be 20 meters from the stage and have plenty of space around you and no people pushing you in the back, you are fine.

In Amsterdam they create two queues and let people in at the same time when the gates will open. 

I don't remember this from 360 though..... I went to Dublin and Brussels, there was no 'front pitch' Did Amsterdam have one?

Hey guys! I'd like to buy GA tickets on monday so I have few questions:

- can you confirm that ticketmaster.nl doesn't show the buying page in english?

- I read that they 're going to add a second show in Amsterdam after the first, how much do you know about this?

- It will be my first U2 gig so I really hope that I'll be able to have tix, general suggestions to be sure to have them? :D

Thanks in advance :)

I don't remember this from 360 though..... I went to Dublin and Brussels, there was no 'front pitch' Did Amsterdam have one?

At the 360 Tour the 'front pitch' was inside the circle around the stage. 

- I read that they 're going to add a second show in Amsterdam after the first, how much do you know about this?

- It will be my first U2 gig so I really hope that I'll be able to have tix, general suggestions to be sure to have them? :D

When you go to ticketmaster.nl , o n the right corner next to "account" you can change the language where says ;TAAL , that means language in dutch , then select english. It will work.  

About the second show I don't know but I really think will happen, anyway we will find out right at the moment  that the general sale starts on Monday 10 AM.

I would recommend to use a stable internet connection, if you have a cable connection to your modern would be the best, wifi could not be fast enough sometimes. Create your account n ticketmaster.nl so have it ready, there are 4 types of GA when you scroll down, don't get confused , GA is GA no matter which one you choose. 

Good luck !

Syl

When you go to ticketmaster.nl , o n the right corner next to "account" you can change the language where says ;TAAL , that means language in dutch , then select english. It will work.  

About the second show I don't know but I really think will happen, anyway we will find out right at the moment  that the general sale starts on Monday 10 AM.

I would recommend to use a stable internet connection, if you have a cable connection to your modern would be the best, wifi could not be fast enough sometimes. Create your account n ticketmaster.nl so have it ready, there are 4 types of GA when you scroll down, don't get confused , GA is GA no matter which one you choose. 

Good luck !

Syl

Thank you :)

Yes... 2 x tickets sorted.. roll on July 2017... see you all in Amster-fecking-dam baby.!!!!! Enjoy

An extra concert is added on July 30th.

Sale is on monday januari 23rd 10.00 hours.

* There are still Platinum and Travel Packages tickets available for the current date. There will be an extra show on 30 July in the Amsterdam ArenA. The on sale for the new show will start on 23 January, with an U2 fanclub pre sale starting on 18 January.

You’re nearly at the front of the queue – don’t go *

just  got  this  on Nl  Tm site.