Sign in to follow this  
Mark Taylor

Going to Amsterdam?

I can understand the confusion here with ordering. I'm Dutch and I've been to several concerts in the Arena. But even for me it wasn't clear what the difference is between the "standing tickets" ticket (staanplaatsen). Which of them the general access is, or even if both of them have access to the general access on the field. So I chose the field tickets (veld) and I'm quite confident that those are the tickets for the field. But at least, I'm going and I will be seeing red hill mining town live for the first time

Same here. I'm also Dutch and it's very unclear to me. 

I've got seating tickets for 129. I'll hope the view will be good. Unfortunately I was too late to renew my U2.com subscription so I got in the 'Wires' group. Lesson learned! ;-)

My 4 GA for the 29th arrived today! I ordered last Wednesday and live in Germany - selected "regular mail abroad". Besides being ecstatic I thought it might help putting this here as a guide, to give an idea how fast they come for those who haven't received theirs yet

does anyone know difference between G and J entrace for GA ticket in masterdam. Thx

No difference. Just two entrances to end up on the same field.

does anyone know difference between G and J entrace for GA ticket in masterdam. Thx

No difference. Just two entrances to end up on the same field.

thx, hope i get tix with wires tomorrow

Any advice on travelling back to central Amsterdam from the ArenA after the show? I'm looking at staying at a hostel (prices have gone up hugely!)

Not a problem. The Amsterdam ArenA is just a 5 minutes walk away from the trainstation Amsterdam Arena Bijlmer. This is one of the bigger trainstations in Amsterdam. Here you can take a train, or the underground (metro in Dutch) back to the city center. The trainstation can be busy after a concert and they probably close it off for a short time so it won't get to busy on the platforms. But seriously, getting back to the city center is not a problem. Just don't take a cab, they are quite expensive in Amsterdam. Public transport (trams, underground, trains) is great in Amsterdam.

Any advice on travelling back to central Amsterdam from the ArenA after the show? I'm looking at staying at a hostel (prices have gone up hugely!)

Not a problem. The Amsterdam ArenA is just a 5 minutes walk away from the trainstation Amsterdam Arena Bijlmer. This is one of the bigger trainstations in Amsterdam. Here you can take a train, or the underground (metro in Dutch) back to the city center. The trainstation can be busy after a concert and they probably close it off for a short time so it won't get to busy on the platforms. But seriously, getting back to the city center is not a problem. Just don't take a cab, they are quite expensive in Amsterdam. Public transport (trams, underground, trains) is great in Amsterdam.

Thanks for all the info! :)

What is the best/cheapest way of transitting from Amsterdam airport to central Amsterdam Hotels?

By train. 

agreed, buses are great, and v. cheap also (takes a bit longer)

What is the best/cheapest way of transitting from Amsterdam airport to central Amsterdam Hotels?

By train. 

agreed, buses are great, and v. cheap also (takes a bit longer)

Busses ? There is a trainstation at Schiphol Airport. Just outside the arrival hall.(the trainstation is closer to the arrival hall then the bus station). There a train goes every 5-10 minutes (during the day) to the central trainstation in Amsterdam (Amsterdam Centraal, it is a 14-17 minutes trip). And there you can take a tram, underground (metro in Dutch) or another train to your destination.

Again, DON'T TAKE A TAXI. Seriously, they are quite expensive plus at the moment there are a bit of a problem with illicit taxi drivers ripping off tourists. Maybe that is sorted, but even a normal cab ride from Schiphol Airport to Amsterdam city center cost you about €40,-. The train about €4,20.

What is the best way to get to Westeinde from Amsterdam ArenA after the show? I was thinking of taking a cab as the trains might be super busy? And it's only a 15minute drive?

What is the best way to get to Westeinde from Amsterdam ArenA after the show? I was thinking of taking a cab as the trains might be super busy? And it's only a 15minute drive?

You're staying at Westeinde. That is deadsmack in the middle of the centre. Accross the national bank and in walking distance of the two squares with the most bars, the Leidseplein and the Rembrandtplein. A tip, walk around the Albert Cuypmarkt (in the Albert Cuypstraat). That is around the corner there. This is a street market full of stands. And try the stroopwafel, which will be sold over there. That is a biscuit which is very famous in the Netherlands.

But OK, that is the touristy stuff. For the public transport you can check http://9292.nl/en. And yes, as you can see, this website is also in Englisch. The month of June is not yet available, for that you have to wait a few months.

Edited by Vianen

You're staying at Westeinde. That is deadsmack in the middle of the centre. Accross the national bank and in walking distance of the two squares with the most bars, the Leidseplein and the Rembrandtplein. A tip, walk around the Albert Cuypmarkt (in the Albert Cuypstraat). That is around the corner there. This is a street market full of stands. And try the stroopwafel, which will be sold over there. That is a biscuit which is very famous in the Netherlands.

But OK, that is the touristy stuff. For the public transport you can check http://9292.nl/en. And yes, as you can see, this website is also in Englisch. The month of June is not yet available, for that you have to wait a few months.

Thanks, I've been to Amsterdam before and done all the touristy stuff! Haha

It's a lovely city, and was my 2nd option as I was unlucky trying to get a Dublin ticket.

I'm staying at the same hostel as my previous visit, but I've not been to the ArenA before. Public transport after gigs is manic.

Anyone having a meet up? (Amsterdam 2 on Sunday)

By train.
thanks do you have a link for the details of that please?

Hi everyone! I am coming to Amsterdam after the Paris show and going to be alone at the concert (1st one) :) Would love to have a company there! Anyone going alone as well or open to more people in their company?

I guess something terrible happened to all Amsterdam hotels - they are all booked! I only got one in the suburbs for €150 per night...

Hello, someone has received the ticket collector?

No, I change my E ticket to collector ticket yesterday

Let me hear when you got yours!  ;)