Sign in to follow this  
Mark Taylor

Going to Twickenham?

I notice you can now buy a collector ticket / lanyard with special plastic card for £5.95 when purchasing tickets.. sadly this wasnt available / visible when i purchased my GA tickets on Wednesday as part of the Red Hill presale group... damn - it would of been nice to have too! anyone else have the same problem as me?

I would certainly up buy my ticket if i had the option!

Contact TM as ask if there is a chance to get the collector/lanyard... can't hurt to ask...

I notice you can now buy a collector ticket / lanyard with special plastic card for £5.95 when purchasing tickets.. sadly this wasnt available / visible when i purchased my GA tickets on Wednesday as part of the Red Hill presale group... damn - it would of been nice to have too! anyone else have the same problem as me?

Contact TM as ask if there is a chance to get the collector/lanyard... can't hurt to ask...

I emailed TM today to ask and was told to call customer services to have it added to my order. I did that this afternoon and I should be getting an e-mail through in a couple of days confirming its been added.

9:02 I'm in.... 9:05 I've paid...... L27 :D 9:10 check third party sites and there is already hundreds of tickets on them!!!! that can not be right? :huh:

I thought it was ticketless and your credit card is your ticket? Like the O2 in 2015, if so there will be a lot of disappointed touts or people who have bought too many tickets.

I think they're only doing ticketless entry in North America this time.

I checked a couple of hours later on viagogo and there was 2 tickets for sale at 10.000 quid amongst others available! Someone's obviously pre released some tickets!

Absolutely agree. The option for a collector ticket wasn't available when I purchased mine on Wednesday morning.

I just called TM UK to ask if I could have it added to my order.

I was told that because the presale is still ongoing at the moment, the TM team cannot modify orders but they asked me to call back next week once the presale is done, and the general sale has started and they should be able to modify the order to include the Collector Tickets.

Hopefully there shouldn't be any problems getting this done, but it's a bit of a stinger to be honest; Despite attending dozens of concerts over the last 4 years I've only had 2 "picture" tickets out of at least 70 concerts.

I'm assuming that the standard tickets are not picture tickets but when paying £70+ for a gig, I think that a picture ticket should be a given!

Absolutely agree. The option for a collector ticket wasn't available when I purchased mine on Wednesday morning.

I just called TM UK to ask if I could have it added to my order.

I was told that because the presale is still ongoing at the moment, the TM team cannot modify orders but they asked me to call back next week once the presale is done, and the general sale has started and they should be able to modify the order to include the Collector Tickets.

Hopefully there shouldn't be any problems getting this done, but it's a bit of a stinger to be honest; Despite attending dozens of concerts over the last 4 years I've only had 2 "picture" tickets out of at least 70 concerts.

I'm assuming that the standard tickets are not picture tickets but when paying £70+ for a gig, I think that a picture ticket should be a given!

Thanks everyone - I will try and do this on Monday, But yes, I do agree - at £70 + for a GA ticket, it would have been nice to have had this included!

I just called and the advisor said he would put the request in to upgrade my order to collector tickets. I gave authorisation to charge card used at order. He could confirm if upgrade was possible but advised I would receive an email to confirm either way..Fingers crossed.

I just called and the advisor said he would put the request in to upgrade my order to collector tickets. I gave authorisation to charge card used at order. He could confirm if upgrade was possible but advised I would receive an email to confirm either way..Fingers crossed.

I did this and got my email confirmation today saying that it had been added to my order and that £5.95 had been charged from my card. I'm surprised at how easy it was .

I'm going - and found out today that some old school friends of mine will also be joining me in the GA line  :D

I'm also pondering making a sign to hold up if I'm near the front. On one side, it will say "Play Spaceman" to request that Noel plays the Oasis B-side "D'Yer Wanna be a Spaceman?" and then the flip side will say "Shine Like Stars". But then if I'm holding a sign, I can't clap and wave my arms... 

Maybe if I put the sign on a string so I can hold it up above my head but still keep it attached to me... ? 

Not sure yet. I will keep pondering...

I'll be there!!

I was considering GA, as usually go standing on most tours, but Twickenham is quite far for me and I couldn't find friends who could commit that amount of money in time for the presales.

I'll be in block L9 row 12..I am really looking forward to hearing the songs I haven't seen live before like Red Hill Mining Town, Trip Through Your Wires and one of my personal favourite, In God'd Country.., together with some of the more rare B-sides..

It might be more emotional than I am giving it credit, as I got into U2 because a cassette of The Joshua Tree album was left in my Media Studies classroom back in 1995 and I just happened to be curious ti listen to it and from the opening chords of Streets, that was it.....From then on I got all their albums and been to every tour since PopMart in 1997.

I hope everyone who is going to Twickenham  has a great time and it exceeds even our own high expectations:)!

Loved these 4 guys for over 30 years now but £187 for a ticket?? Come on guys that's out of order

Fantastic Pre- Sale experience again this morning Now going to Twickenham both dates , so glad didn't use up the full Pre- sale allocation on the first date. Held one back just In case .Thanks again U2.com, have been very good to me over the last few years. Great tixs for I&E last time around, as well as one of the winners to TFI Friday in 2015 when I literally stood inches away from the guys ,and met Bigwave ! Roll on July 17

Easiest presale experience. 2 tickets for each night at Twickenham. Feel sorry for people having problems getting tickets, unless they want specific tickets which probably is more difficult. Good luck all

what's it like taking the train to Twickenham? Say from Waterloo? Insane? Will I even make it back post show? ;)

The crowds at Twickenham station were pretty insane after the shows in 2005 - we didn't manage to catch a train until after midnight.