Sign in to follow this  
peterdiaz

Toronto - Presale crap

I'm giving up.  I tried to do this from work but I can't spend all morning trying to get tickets that are non-existent.  Why was getting tickets for the shows at the ACC easier?  Makes no sense.

I think it might have been because all the cities weren't being sold the same day for I&E tour.  This time, it's every coast at once.

Agreed, worst pre-sale experience to date for me.  I&E I got what I wanted both nights at the ACC.  This is entirely unacceptable.

I just checked StubHub (which is owned by eBay) and there's already about 400 tickets already available!  WTF!!  The cheapest GA's are $290USD each.  What a sham!

It's my own fault maybe for letting my fan club membership lapse and I got stuck in the second wave.  I wonder if I can get my membership that I just renewed refunded if I can't get tickets through the presale.

Edited by chernabog_ca

Keep trying, everyone.  I was getting the "We were unable to process your request" message even after clearing cache and switching browsers so switched to my iPad. Finally got 2 GA tickets about 35 minutes into the presale after many, many times receiving the "Sorry. No tickets were found" message.

30 seconds into the presale - no Red Zone

Best 100 levels are in the 30 row.

Crap.

It's a very disingenuous system.

Of course they had them but they chose not to release them all...not even to long term fans.

I can't get literally anything. It just keeps giving me "there was an error with your search" and this is across trying multiple platforms, browsers, etc...

Back out, clear your cache and try going through the link on the tours page: http://www.u2.com/touror the mobile app

Unfortunately Mich...that makes no difference, just sets you back further in line.

Clearly TM did not release everything yesterday. Not surprising but really disappointing.

we just made enquires as to availability here, back to you if we hear more

Thank you!  Hope to hear something as I just checked and absolutely nothing is coming up as available.  I wonder, how many of the roughly 50,000 tickets that are going to be sold for this show were made available for the pre-sale?

we just made enquires as to availability here, back to you if we hear more

Thank you!  Hope to hear something as I just checked and absolutely nothing is coming up as available.  I wonder, how many of the roughly 50,000 tickets that are going to be sold for this show were made available for the pre-sale?

I'm thinking not many.  Plus I am certain Ticketmaster does their own release to Stubhub making it even fewer.  I decided to wait with my presales code to see if another show gets added instead of waste it on 500 level.

Anyone else INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED trying get GA for Vancouver? I started trying immediately when the presale started and the only options TM is giving me are nosebleeds. NOTHING ELSE. I know U2 has thousands of fans, but there is no way that all GAs are sold out. 

I am trying the TM website linked through U2.com/tour, the TM app, the TM website through my phone, the TM website on my computer. Have cleared the cache each time I get "unable to process your request". Getting no love.

Anyone else sick of selecting storefronts and street signs and numbers? AHH!

Anyone else INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED trying get GA for Vancouver? I started trying immediately when the presale started and the only options TM is giving me are nosebleeds. NOTHING ELSE. I know U2 has thousands of fans, but there is no way that all GAs are sold out. 

I am trying the TM website linked through U2.com/tour, the TM app, the TM website through my phone, the TM website on my computer. Have cleared the cache each time I get "unable to process your request". Getting no love.

sorry for your pain...but this is Toronto thread

We were having the same issue for the Toronto show but after about 2.5 hours, GA tickets magically appeared.  I'm assuming the pre-sale started at 9am local time for you guys so you might need to give it some time.

We were having the same issue for the Toronto show but after about 2.5 hours, GA tickets magically appeared.  I'm assuming the pre-sale started at 9am local time for you guys so you might need to give it some time.

i guess they were having the same issues in local Pacific time when that show went on sale.  Bet they get some 2:30 minutes into the presale.  My assumption is that they sell the seats first that are available on the presale...once those are gone...They release the GA...ha, funny system if that's the case.

I managed to get 4 GA nearly 3 hours after presale started today. I gave up after two but decided to check and BAM. Smooth. I use the iPhone app. Works much better than computer. All tickets are CC entry too. First time for me. I usually get e-ticket.

Presale I was right in at 9 am no ga tickets for floor only GA section 500 . It was so confusing because the fucking ticketmaster website gave misleading info. And no explanation of what a GA was and after I picked the tickets the GA dropped from the order. Now it is nose bleed reserved . So misleading and dishonest . Fake media. Disgusted with the corporate bullshit. I had 2 choices the tickets below or GA standing room only section 500 . So cunfusing. On 360 it said GA floor. And it was quite apparent what you were buying.

U2.com Wires Group Presale

Section 515R Row 2 Seat 9-12

Now I am even more angry.  Ticketmaster dropping GA tickets four hours after the presale opens is terrible.  Given past tour experiences, I figured that I needed to act fast and get what I could.  So, when I couldn't get Toronto, I grabbed GA for Cleveland instead.  Why would we assume that waiting four hours would yield tickets after getting shut out for several hours of trying.  The end result is that now I have used my presale codes and can't get the tickets that I originally wanted that are now mysteriously available hours upon hours after the presale began.  This is beyond frustrating as a fan!

Now I am even more angry. Ticketmaster dropping GA tickets four hours after the presale opens is terrible. Given past tour experiences, I figured that I needed to act fast and get what I could. So, when I couldn't get Toronto, I grabbed GA for Cleveland instead. Why would we assume that waiting four hours would yield tickets after getting shut out for several hours of trying. The end result is that now I have used my presale codes and can't get the tickets that I originally wanted that are now mysteriously available hours upon hours after the presale began. This is beyond frustrating as a fan!

Speculation on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if Live Nation actually "holds" the better tickets back initially figuring that fans in a panic will pay the premium for the $280 seats or a VIP package. I know sometimes it takes a bit for their system to refresh itself as the unsold seats in people's carts get released but it was crazy how suddenly all the GA started popping up after nothing for hours.