Sign in to follow this  
peterdiaz

Toronto - Presale crap

Now I am even more angry. Ticketmaster dropping GA tickets four hours after the presale opens is terrible. Given past tour experiences, I figured that I needed to act fast and get what I could. So, when I couldn't get Toronto, I grabbed GA for Cleveland instead. Why would we assume that waiting four hours would yield tickets after getting shut out for several hours of trying. The end result is that now I have used my presale codes and can't get the tickets that I originally wanted that are now mysteriously available hours upon hours after the presale began. This is beyond frustrating as a fan!

Speculation on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if Live Nation actually "holds" the better tickets back initially figuring that fans in a panic will pay the premium for the $280 seats or a VIP package. I know sometimes it takes a bit for their system to refresh itself as the unsold seats in people's carts get released but it was crazy how suddenly all the GA started popping up after nothing for hours.

There are a good number $280 seats still available. The 200s look all gone. Lots of 500s.

And now Blue Jays season seat holder have a window.

Did anyone have luck getting Red Zone VIP yesterday? I didn't but I was thinking they would add more since they only allot a small amount per presale.

I got Red Zone tickets Wednesday at 9:02 with no issue. Everything went smoothly.

Now I am even more angry. Ticketmaster dropping GA tickets four hours after the presale opens is terrible. Given past tour experiences, I figured that I needed to act fast and get what I could. So, when I couldn't get Toronto, I grabbed GA for Cleveland instead. Why would we assume that waiting four hours would yield tickets after getting shut out for several hours of trying. The end result is that now I have used my presale codes and can't get the tickets that I originally wanted that are now mysteriously available hours upon hours after the presale began. This is beyond frustrating as a fan!

Speculation on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if Live Nation actually "holds" the better tickets back initially figuring that fans in a panic will pay the premium for the $280 seats or a VIP package. I know sometimes it takes a bit for their system to refresh itself as the unsold seats in people's carts get released but it was crazy how suddenly all the GA started popping up after nothing for hours.

There are a good number $280 seats still available. The 200s look all gone. Lots of 500s.

And now Blue Jays season seat holder have a window.

Still GA too for that matter - for anyone who still needs it.

No issues getting tickets in Wires pre-sale.  As of now, 9:30 PM thursday, there are still seats coming up +GA.

hopefully if they add a 2nd show they will let those who got shut out first chance at tickets.

There are still seats available (01:13 AM and I just pulled up 4.). Nobody is shut-out.

Fun fact: if you call ticketmaster customer service, if you push hard enough, they WILL exchange your tickets for different, still available tickets, for a fee of $7 per tickets.

Fun fact: if you call ticketmaster customer service, if you push hard enough, they WILL exchange your tickets for different, still available tickets, for a fee of $7 per tickets.

go on... we are all ears :)

Is there a Canadian number, or did you use the US number?  Thx.

1-855-985-HELP

Go exchange those tickets!

1-855-985-HELP

Good to know. Maybe people who in desperation bought poor seats can move to GA (which are still available).

I rejoined the U2 fan club purely to get pre sale tickets.   I've run out of time and have wasted hours with the same problems as others, no tickets available, $70 GA tickets only, or continuous searching.  Feel like I want to shoot myself.  

I wonder if I can get the $50 back, I hate feeling ripped off it taints the whole experience.  

Seriously No issues for me.

Logged in right at 9 am - got 2 GAs,

Went back later for a friend to get 2 more GAs - successful at 945 am.

Ran into the glitch - logged out, open/close my browser, got back in.

Unfortunate for those who struggled.. might be more a tech issue/device issue that TM.

Note - for 1987 Joshua Tree Tour - I had to call Ticketmaster from a phone on a landline  and waited on hold until agent was available

No presale codes.. just sheer luck.

I have been lucky ever since... never missed a tour in 30 years

I have paid the crazy prices.. but learned in 2015 - the floor is the place to be!

See you all there  June 23!!

I rejoined the U2 fan club purely to get pre sale tickets.   I've run out of time and have wasted hours with the same problems as others, no tickets available, $70 GA tickets only, or continuous searching.  Feel like I want to shoot myself.  

I wonder if I can get the $50 back, I hate feeling ripped off it taints the whole experience.  

just checking now - these are showing as available (in blue)

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 16.44.04.png

You have access to the best tickets in the house, and you feel ripped off???

And we are a day or two after the presale.

1-855-985-HELP

Big thanks to jessebasi for posting this. A good friend of mine was able to swap the relative crappy 500 levels seats she bought for a pair of GA (that weren't available when she was online when the presale started.)

$70 GA best tickets?  Why are they the cheapest then...am I missing something?

I can't stand all that time, I wanted the high price seats with a good view not too far away.  Figured they would be tough to get in the public sale, so rejoined the club for $50 to ensure I got decent ones.  

I can't stand all that time, I wanted the high price seats with a good view not too far away.  Figured they would be tough to get in the public sale, so rejoined the club for $50 to ensure I got decent ones.  

Since the Elevation tour, the band has taken on this practice that they seem to price GA's much cheaper than the rest of the venue. This has continued through the last 4 tours including this one. They say that they want the best seats in the house to be the best priced. Only band that looks to do this, weird but it works for me I don't mind GA especially in a stadium show.

lets say you got the 280 dollar tickets just to sit down..and you got 1st row....which isn't likely...so in the Rogers Center, I believe you would find them starting around row 20.  Why would you pay 4x to sit that far away, when for 1/4 of the cost you can roam the floors wherever you like.  sit on the floor if you like.  want a beer?  just walk over to the bar on the floor and still watch the show.  don't like your view....step aside from the tall person in front of you and viola...free viewing.  I'd say GA are the best tickets and best value for U2 shows.

It sounds appealing when you say it like that.  

But I didn't like GA even when I was a teenager, never mind now.    For me it's being pushed around, getting drinks spilled on me and a sore neck.  

I like being further away to take in the whole show, for 360 and the last tour you missed so much if you were very close.  But you've made me wonder about trying GA sometime.

Now I'm all out of luck on the public sale.  And people wonder why we use scalpers.

Almost messed up in the Redhill sale. Had 3 seats queued up almost immediately but gave them up to try for better ones - the lesson is don't ever do that as I was blocked out! TM is not very user friendly or flexible at peak times. Thankfully, I got back in and settled for worse seats in the same section! However, with so many tales of woe, I'm glad to be in. Just hoping for similar weather to 2011!!

having been to the Rogers Centre for other U2 shows, on the floor GA, i would say that unless you want to be pushed up near the stage, there has always been plenty of space to hang back and watch the show without having to feel like people are bumping into you and spilling drinks on you.  they dont oversell the rogers centre floor for U2.  im looking forward to being back in there on the floor.  i on the other hand, will be pushing my way up close to the stage though :)

But I didn't like GA even when I was a teenager, never mind now.    For me it's being pushed around, getting drinks spilled on me and a sore neck.  

I like being further away to take in the whole show, for 360 and the last tour you missed so much if you were very close.  But you've made me wonder about trying GA sometime.

Now I'm all out of luck on the public sale.  And people wonder why we use scalpers.

You note that "for me it's being pushed around, getting drinks spilled on me and a sore neck, I like being further away to take in the while show"....I would politely venture that GA would've given you the ability not to be squeezed, avoid having drinks spilled on you, and having that whole show experience in spades.  Forget about trying to crush to the front, and dealing with frenzied people who have to be 59 feet away from Bono to make their experience worthwhile.....grab a spot near the soundboard (where the sound will be optimized) lean back on the rail and enjoy yourself....step back and see the entire show as a "whole", with the crowd pulsing to the music in unison....if you had access to GA tickets and gave them away, it would seem that you chose not to capitalize on that experience.  So if you get an opportunity again to grab some GA tickets, do yourself a favor and go for it.  My wife and I are seeing shows from the 100 level and from GA on this tour.  Two completely different perspectives, both equally cool and memorable.

Edited by zooropamofo

I hope you do find a decent ticket. I would encourage you to keep checking regularly (I know it's a pain.): I have grabbed fantastic seats for many shows (Springsteen, Pearl Jam...) in the days leading up to a show.

And I would also add that GA does allow you the choice of hanging back a bit so you are not in the throng (I'm guessing you could stand by the sound board and have enough room to swing your arms around.) Having said that, my +1 will have nothing to do with GA (esp in a stadium) so I certainly understand why one might not be convinced!