Sign in to follow this  
newsman

NEW YORK is a joke (Sold Out in first second)

I just logged on a could've bought 4 GA.  I would've but again...Need my credit card to enter and I already have 4 seats.  

I don't understand how you can buy multiple sets of tickets - Especially if those tickets require you to enter at different gates at the venue.

For what it's worth, "We were unable to process your request" doesn't mean the event is sold out.  It means that the Ticketmaster system is being overloaded with requests, or encountering a glitch, and it's not properly connecting to search for your request.  If it's sold out, it'll say that there are no more tickets available for your selections.

The error message pops up a lot, especially if you happen to get in during the first few seconds that the page is up.  They still have to turn the ticket inventory "on" behind the scenes, and it can take a few seconds or longer for that to actually happen. 

So when you get that error message ten seconds in, it doesn't mean that 60,000 tickets sold out in the blink of an eye.  It means that the system is overloaded, that the entire ticket inventory might not yet be active, and it's unable to execute the command you've entered.  After I bought my MetLife seats for night 1, about ten minutes later I decided, "why not go to Philly?" and had no trouble finding a GA ticket for Philly.  Ironically, the system was probably more stable ten minutes in than ten seconds in, and I had better results because of it.