Sign in to follow this  
mcgeebers

Croke Park - was Pitch 2 on sale? (MERGED)

Hi All
Did anybody manage to secure Pitch 2 tickets for Croke Park? I did not, despite being online at 9am. 

Were they even on sale? Would be interested to hear if anyone secured them.

Have to say the process was not smooth. Ticketmaster link from their website did not go to pre-sale. Had to go via Tour pages on u2.com instead.

Grateful to have secured Pitch 1 though.

S

Edited by mcgeebers

I got pitch 2 about 9:10, had been caught by ticketmaster not showing any tickets at 9:00, got them straight away after I moved to u2.com. At least the presale codes worked this time not like the problems we had for I+E!!

Hello,

When you get pitch 2 tickets, are you guaranteed to be near the B-Stage whenever the time you will enter in the stadium ? Or will it be on a first arrived basis, no matter if you have pitch 1 or pitch 2 ticket ? In other words, do pitch 2 tickets are some kind of red zone ?

No one knows. I am erring on the side of caution and saying yes to your question. I haven't got pitch 2 yet, you can buy pitch 1 now but I want pitch 2 to get a good spot. I missed out in this morning's mess.

If it's the case, I really wonder what's the point to create a Red Zone at 300 EUR, - apart of course to raise money for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS and making a good action -, when you can be close to the stage for less than 80 euros.

If it's the case, I really wonder what's the point to create a Red Zone at 300 EUR, - apart of course to raise money for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS and making a good action -, when you can be close to the stage for less than 80 euros.

Its purely a charity money making exercise, which is fine. I was prepared to go Red Zone for a good spot and the goodwill. I ended up with nada this morning.

Red Zone does sort of guarantee you the best spot.

With pitch 2 it only guarantees you at the front 1/3 - 1/2 of the pitch. Its just an improvement on standard GA but not massive.

Edited by richie459

Don't want to worry you lads but you might want to double check what tickets you got. I was on first thing this morning. Firstly on ticketmaster that timed down to tickets not available and quickly went through the u2.com link. 

pitch 2 were not available to me , but since the last time I was on it looks like they have updated the site and automatically suggest other tickets available. They said there was no none available and I was offered really bad seats in low 317 for the same price. it really looked that I had a chance to get pitch 2 tickets. Why they didn't offer pitch 1 amazes me but they need to change some coding somewhere.

The only reason I didn't buy them was I was kicked off ticketmaster and had to start again. 

I hope I am not the bearer of bad news. 

Don't want to worry you lads but you might want to double check what tickets you got. I was on first thing this morning. Firstly on ticketmaster that timed down to tickets not available and quickly went through the u2.com link. 

pitch 2 were not available to me , but since the last time I was on it looks like they have updated the site and automatically suggest other tickets available. They said there was no none available and I was offered really bad seats in low 317 for the same price. it really looked that I had a chance to get pitch 2 tickets. Why they didn't offer pitch 1 amazes me but they need to change some coding somewhere.

The only reason I didn't buy them was I was kicked off ticketmaster and had to start again. 

I hope I am not the bearer of bad news. 

Its still doing that. I've been trying for Pitch 2 all day and still keep getting offered Lower 317. If you change search to Pitch 1 you can still get them. If you change to best available you can get Lower 306 or 331. I just want Pitch 2. Am hoping to get lucky in tomorrow's scrum.

I just went for the pitch 1 tickets at the end and happy I got them. But after the mix up on Ticketmaster first I was in a rush and nearly bought the seated tickets. I have never been so happy that the site kicked me out before I could complete the purchase. 

I just went for the pitch 1 tickets at the end and happy I got them. But after the mix up on Ticketmaster first I was in a rush and nearly bought the seated tickets. I have never been so happy that the site kicked me out before I could complete the purchase. 

Maybe I'll regret holding out for Pitch 2. I hope not.

I hope all works out for you Rory....would be interested to see how you get on tomorrow.....I have been in exactly the same position as you from the kick off this morning at 9am.......about an hour ago I opted for Pitch 1, somewhat reluctantly......I just can't afford to miss this gig.

On a side issue.....

Having had my heart set on RZ, I haven't really put too much research into this Pitch 1 / Pitch 2 thing......is it correct that, despite paying exactly the same price, Pitch 2 are automatically further forward than Pitch 1 ??????? Can this really be the case ? The stadium plan would suggest so....or is it just a case of 2 separate entrances, with the front section filling up from both 1 and 2 ?????

I can't wait for the gig, but this whole experience of being a long term member of 15+ years, and just wanting a decent ticket at Croke to show for it - it's been pretty damn awful to be honest. Ticketmaster need to be held accountable for the glaring errors in their processes today.....

Thats what were all trying to figure out - Coldplay have done the same thing - 

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/coldplay-a-head-full-of-dublin-07-08-2017/event/18005143AA7D7133?artistid=806431&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Guess we might know if anyone goes there...

As I said before if it was just a case of separate entrances surely they'd just be printed on the ticket as normal? Why split the seating plan? Equally those buying GA have n idea wether to buy pitch 1 or wait for pitch 2.

Maybe I'll regret holding out for Pitch 2. I hope not.

Rory, I'm in the same boat as you. Really want pitch2 but couldnlt get online this morning as I was on a plane. Do we know if additional pitch 2 tickets will be available for the wired presale tomorrow? 

Missed out on pitch 2 , due to ticketmaster , ended up buying pitch 1 , at 9.15 approx there were no pitch 2 available for Red Hill members , if they are available tomorrow its a con !

Missed out on pitch 2 , due to ticketmaster , ended up buying pitch 1 , at 9.15 approx there were no pitch 2 available for Red Hill members , if they are available tomorrow its a con !

I went through the email link from U2.com at 9am and got my Pitch 2 ticket without any difficulty. Looking at the layout for the full pitch on the TM site, I am satisfied that Pitch 2 is what we would generally describe as a "pit" and that those with Pitch 1 tickets will not be allowed entry to that particular area. Same as with Springsteen last year where those with wristbands were allowed entry to the "pit".