Sign in to follow this  
spicedparrot

VIP Open for Wires

I had a Wires code but it was "open" for all the VIP tix.   Sometimes it would say "sold out" but as I kept trying on different venues I was able to get 3rd row in sec 106 in Chicago - great seats.   

Also, I'm thinking they open different seats up for different pre-sales, so I'm guessing they will release more seats for tomorrow's presale, and probably another batch again on Friday for the Lumineer's fan club.  

U2JTB....

I didn't think it was suppose to work that way either.   When I put in my code it unlocks the Party, Gold, Silver, and RedZone.   

The Ticketmaster listings clearly state that all of the Fan Club had access to VIP and Red Zone today, no matter which group you're in. This was listed separate from the Red Hill and Wires group on sale time:

U2.com Red Hill Group Presale

Start: Wed, 01/11/17 09:00 AM PST
End: Fri, 01/13/17 05:00 PM PST

U2.com Wires Group Presale

Start: Thu, 01/12/17 09:00 AM PST
End: Fri, 01/13/17 05:00 PM PST

Fan Club VIP Access

Start: Wed, 01/11/17 09:00 AM PST
End: Thu, 01/12/17 12:00 PM PST

U2JTB....

I didn't think it was suppose to work that way either.   When I put in my code it unlocks the Party, Gold, Silver, and RedZone.   

which city?

Yahoo!  Got VIP tix to Rose Bowl!  Now it seems closed because my friend just tried and could not get in with her "B" code to any level tickets.  But at 9am I was able to secure 2 tix (2 sets of 2, it would not let me do 4 at one time).  Maybe they changed it now because it all seems locked now unless you have Red Hill level codes.

Edited by kath00

Chicago.   

Ultraviolet - Actually on TM's site they had VIP Presales listed for tomorrow at 12:00 noon.  I just tried my code to see what would happen.   As they say - always better to be lucky than smart.   Bummer for others though.

Been a member since it started, ended up with B code and no tickets???

Your presale starts Thursday, Jan. 12, 9am (local venue time) and ends on Friday, Jan. 13, 5pm (local venue time)

I'm Wires and got RZ for Rose Bowl this morning. All tour stops said Fan Club VIP Access started today at 9:00 am. This was listed separate from the Red Hill, Wires and VIP presale start times. It looks like it was always meant to be this way and just wasn't clearly communicated to fans.

Yeah, well good for you guys, but it was clearly an error.  The VIP presales should have been staggered, just like the other tickets are.

Damn!  So even people without a presale account were able to buy RZ tickets? Can you say bots! 

Any other glaring snafus?

No--only those with presale accounts (but Wires could do so too today, which makes no sense given the overall staggered presale times for RedHill vs. Wires).

The only thing currently showing available to Wires presale at the Rose Bowl is the travel package - at about $1,200 per seat. The other VIP packages show nothing available.

Fingers crossed I can four decent seats tomorrow at 9am. Do you think they might release more VIP packages or am I out of luck?

Jenniferoc -  From what I could tell all the VIP seats today were on Stage Left.  I'm guessing that the equivilent seats on Stage Right were held back until tomorrow or the public sale - but that's just a guess.  It seemed clear not all seats were available today (at least when it came to the VIP packages). 

Jenniferoc -  From what I could tell all the VIP seats today were on Stage Left.  I'm guessing that the equivilent seats on Stage Right were held back until tomorrow or the public sale - but that's just a guess.  It seemed clear not all seats were available today (at least when it came to the VIP packages). 

Thanks spicedparrot! I am keeping my fingers crossed. The Joshua Tree was first time I saw U2. I was 15 and it was a religious experience. I'm normally happy to just be in the venue but I want to be close for this one if I can be.

I had a Wires code but it was "open" for all the VIP tix.   Sometimes it would say "sold out" but as I kept trying on different venues I was able to get 3rd row in sec 106 in Chicago - great seats.   

Also, I'm thinking they open different seats up for different pre-sales, so I'm guessing they will release more seats for tomorrow's presale, and probably another batch again on Friday for the Lumineer's fan club.  

Yeah, i noticed  that also but wanted GA's...Just wouldnt be a presale without some level of confusion/technical snafu

More VIP packages were just put for the Rose Bowl. It had just been showing travel packages, but now all VIP packages are available again. Just looked out of curiosity using my Wires group code.