Sign in to follow this  
Heather S

'Long Term Subscriber' definition /timescale a joke!

Just a bit frustrating that 'long term subscriber' presale code is issued to those who may have only joined a few weeks ago! And if you were a new fan you can quite literally buy a membership today and get a presale code for use tomorrow - that seems absurd and is surely just a money maker to get more subscription $$$.

It's not as if any date is not going to completely sell out regardless of whether it is presale or public so why not actually reward the loyalty of fans who have been subscribers for years and make presales much much fairer in this regard.

It would make longtime fans feel much more valued if say, there were a few categories. 15 years plus get first half day, 10 years plus from midday, 5 years plus next day, 2 years plus next day etc. It feels utterly frustrating to be stressing so much every time there is a tour announced and when people who have only just started to subscribe to the fan club are classed as long term subscribers.

Just wanted to say this as I feel the current process is definitely not rewarding loyalty. I am pleased to get tickets of course but it all just seems to be about money money money.

How many people do you think would have just joined a few weeks ago or even the last year? Chances are numbers have been reducing year on year. The difference between members from 15years to 2 years might only be a few thousand.

What is guaranteed is that U2's management know the exact figures.

You've got to give a carrot to get people interested in a product, so why not make it the presale code?

Quite right that loyalty is rewarded and as a new subscriber I fully agree existing members should have first dibs.

However, having so many levels would be absurd - how many new members do you think they gained in 2016? Not many I'd guess, so I don't think you've been going toe to toe in the scrum today with thousands of new subscribers.

I've paid my 50 and try my luck for Croakers tomorrow, if I'm unsuccessful i'll just take it on the chin and wont bleat about it.

I've been a member, got no issues with it. I'm always first to be offered tickets because of how long I have been here, don't always get what I want but I also get to go when I can afford it. Just to be there is amazing. I've been in nose bleed and close up, I can't stand due to medical issues so I'm happy just to have a seat. This a money making business, a lot of the tickets are bought to resell but everyone knows this. No one is truly up close, and standing for hours is just nuts. Anyway I say be happy. Oh and this place has changed a lot, don't get on the forums much. 

I didn't mean all those tiers, just an example. I was probably being a bit ageist and having a bit of a rant which is not normally like me! I am very pleased to be going too and can destress now I know I have at least got a good seat at Dublin. Flights booked and we are going to be staying on a barge!

Just a bit frustrating that 'long term subscriber' presale code is issued to those who may have only joined a few weeks ago! And if you were a new fan you can quite literally buy a membership today and get a presale code for use tomorrow - that seems absurd and is surely just a money maker to get more subscription $$$.

It's not as if any date is not going to completely sell out regardless of whether it is presale or public so why not actually reward the loyalty of fans who have been subscribers for years and make presales much much fairer in this regard.

It would make longtime fans feel much more valued if say, there were a few categories. 15 years plus get first half day, 10 years plus from midday, 5 years plus next day, 2 years plus next day etc. It feels utterly frustrating to be stressing so much every time there is a tour announced and when people who have only just started to subscribe to the fan club are classed as long term subscribers.

Just wanted to say this as I feel the current process is definitely not rewarding loyalty. I am pleased to get tickets of course but it all just seems to be about money money money.

As someone who has been a fan club member since the Propaganda days, I too would appreciate at least a little advantage over other so called "long term subscribers" who have been around for a few months. Just a thought.

I remember my propaganda magazines coming, I still have them somewhere! I'm going to get hubby in the attic!

Some people were born later than some of us propagandaists but are still massive u2 fans and shouldnt be treated differently as they are younger than us or discovered the band later ... everyone should be treated fairly ... I think the current set-up is reasonable and fair

Plenty of fanclubs have long-standing seniority for members who never lapsed.  Not sure if it's laziness or lack of caring that keeps it from happening for this one.  There were 3 tiers for 360, which was shied away from and more or less reset for i+e.  Now if you bought a membership less than a month ago you're a long-standing member and get the same access as someone paying since i+e? Or 360? Or Vertigo? I know when Vertigo started alongside the online membership, it was something of a hard reset with Propaganda members getting some sort of consolation prize (extra code?), but surely they have stats on memberships that haven't dropped over the course of a decade.  Sigh.

I remember my propaganda magazines coming, I still have them somewhere! I'm going to get hubby in the attic!

Another subscriber benefit, we are putting them all online, one by one - latest if from Joshua Tree 1.0 days http://www.u2.com/news/title/more-propaganda-for-u2com-subscribers/news/

The wording of that makes me feel very old as I've got all my Propaganda back issues stashed away in the loft. The issue about the recording of Achtung Baby was very exciting at the time.

Plenty of fanclubs have long-standing seniority for members who never lapsed.  Not sure if it's laziness or lack of caring that keeps it from happening for this one.  There were 3 tiers for 360, which was shied away from and more or less reset for i+e.  Now if you bought a membership less than a month ago you're a long-standing member and get the same access as someone paying since i+e? Or 360? Or Vertigo? I know when Vertigo started alongside the online membership, it was something of a hard reset with Propaganda members getting some sort of consolation prize (extra code?), but surely they have stats on memberships that haven't dropped over the course of a decade.  Sigh.

I'm with you !

METCLUB for exemple ..........

I've been a member, got no issues with it. I'm always first to be offered tickets because of how long I have been here, don't always get what I want but I also get to go when I can afford it. Just to be there is amazing. I've been in nose bleed and close up, I can't stand due to medical issues so I'm happy just to have a seat. This a money making business, a lot of the tickets are bought to resell but everyone knows this. No one is truly up close, and standing for hours is just nuts. Anyway I say be happy. Oh and this place has changed a lot, don't get on the forums much. 

If you can't stand, you do know you are eligible for accessible seating, right?