gcf1971

Red Zone Details

Anyone know approximately how many they let into Red Zone generally?  And how early can you get there to get a prime location?  Wasn't sure with the private entrance how early people really start lining up.  I wouldn't think it would be anything like regular GA.

You don't need to get there super early. That's the beauty of the RED zone. You can generally walk right up to the line, get right in and your in a great location. If you feel the need to get there earlier I'd say 1 to 2 hours prior to doors open. People don't really line up for it super early. My experience is the ones that do line up get there about 1 to 2 hours prior to doors open. Many don't really and you don't really need to. That said, I'm a line up person myself... lol :) 

I don't know the head count but it's typically much less crowded than GA and a pretty chill crowd.

Tampa Red Zone actually assigns you a row & seat number.

I'm wondering if there will really be seating there.  

Miami's Red Zone has no seating. 

Standing tickets usually have a "seat" number assigned, for security reasons (fire codes and such)

In past tours, I have not seen any seats in here, just standing room. Plenty of space, not crammed. Best way to go. Pricey, but for charity, right?!

Most people buying RZ are buying specifically NOT to queue up. So, have at it, we'll see you in there a few hours later from 15 feet behind you. ;-)

Most people buying RZ are buying specifically NOT to queue up. So, have at it, we'll see you in there a few hours later from 15 feet behind you. ;-)

lol if it was just my wife and I, I wouldn't care.  We are bringing the kids and thought it would be fun to get up front for them and wasn't sure how much of a lead time you need for RZ to be one of those railhuggers.

Standing tickets usually have a "seat" number assigned, for security reasons (fire codes and such)

Exactly. There are no seats. It says straight up it was a standing only ticket when you buy it.

I was a "railhugger" at Madison Sq Garden two years ago and wasn't that early, maybe 2 hrs?, there was about 50 people in front of me in line. But the beauty of RZ is that there's two different stages, so some people line up at one and some line up at the other, so it's easier to get a good spot. I got my rail in front of The Edge and didn't move!

I was a "railhugger" at Madison Sq Garden two years ago and wasn't that early, maybe 2 hrs?, there was about 50 people in front of me in line. But the beauty of RZ is that there's two different stages, so some people line up at one and some line up at the other, so it's easier to get a good spot. I got my rail in front of The Edge and didn't move!

This setup is a bit different this year.  Red Zone is on the Edge side however you can also line up along the one side of the Joshua Tree shaped stage.  Not sure where the best spot will be and how much time they will be on that separate stage.

Yes, right. I was at the main stage, I'd looked at the playlists and saw they'd spend more time there than the little B stage on the other end. It worked fine for me, I didn't mind being further away when they were at the B stage.

But I wonder with stadium shows, how big the gap is between the stage and the rail? Like if it's huge? At the Garden it wasn't that big at all.

Yeah it's hard to get an idea based on the stadium seating chart and how big that stage will really be.  My concern is I'm bringing my kids and if we line up on the stage near the Edge, it might be hard for them to see over everyone when they go to the side stage.

I got RZ for Seattle.  I see on my tickets page "Your tickets are being held at the venue's box office for pick up day of the event."  Does it mean that I have to search for some box office at the stadium to pick up my RZ ticket? Is it long line to these offices?

I got RZ for Seattle.  I see on my tickets page "Your tickets are being held at the venue's box office for pick up day of the event."  Does it mean that I have to search for some box office at the stadium to pick up my RZ ticket? Is it long line to these offices?

I replied on the other thread from Ticketmaster:

All VIP tickets will be issued at the designated VIP check in location (or other designated location at the venue) prior to the show on the date of the event only. CHECK-IN LOCATION & TIME INFORMATION WILL BE EMAILED OUT 3-5 DAYS PRIOR TO THE DAY OF THE SHOW.

Yeah it's hard to get an idea based on the stadium seating chart and how big that stage will really be.  My concern is I'm bringing my kids and if we line up on the stage near the Edge, it might be hard for them to see over everyone when they go to the side stage.

If they can see the band on the stage closest to them, they will totally be able to see them on the stage further away... aside from jockeying to see between heads a bit.

They tend not to hide them too discreetly. And if most GA people and seats people are credit card entry (without any need to visit the box office), and people with seats further away can print their tickets, one imagines there won't be much action at the box office...

Thank you all for sharing... Cleveland on 7/1 will be my first U2 concert and I got RZ to go with my son. Reading the input of the experienced is very helpful. 

Two years ago in Denver we arrived 30 minutes prior to doors opening and were about 20th in line. I couldn't tell you how many people were on our side (Adam's side) of the RZ, but we ended up next to the rail. There was PLENTY of room to move about. I could have easily skipped rope farther away from the stage and not hit anyone. Being able to freely move between the RZ and GA was really nice.

Does anyone know if folks in RZ will be able to go into GA as before?

Too early to know how the RED Zone will work...

Two years ago in Denver we arrived 30 minutes prior to doors opening and were about 20th in line. I couldn't tell you how many people were on our side (Adam's side) of the RZ, but we ended up next to the rail. There was PLENTY of room to move about. I could have easily skipped rope farther away from the stage and not hit anyone. Being able to freely move between the RZ and GA was really nice.

Despite Max's caution, it's worth saying that for both 360 and I & E the answer was yes.  Indeed, there's really no way to stop RZ people from doing this (unless they didn't let you leave RZ at all, which won't happen).

This setup is a bit different this year.  Red Zone is on the Edge side however you can also line up along the one side of the Joshua Tree shaped stage.  Not sure where the best spot will be and how much time they will be on that separate stage.

One thing worth noting - the map may change.  I have no inside information, but when the I&E tickets went onsale in 2015, all seating charts clearly showed the Red Zone as being attached to the catwalk/b-stage area.  However, when the tour actually began, it turned out that the Red Zone areas were actually attached to the front sides of the main stage - in other words, in a completely different location than was on the seating chart.

So right now, while the map does indicate that it will be in front of the stage adjacent to the catwalk, I'm not gonna believe that's the spot until I actually see it.

The thing is... I had Red Zone for Croke Park 360 tour and while it was incredible and we got a great spot by the rail - we only seemed to be able to get into the 'Outside ring' and not the 'inner red zone'.

I still have no idea why that was. I guess the red zone only got you so far and if you wanted inside the area with the bridges etc that was the 'pit' and you would have had to have queued all day?

The thing is... I had Red Zone for Croke Park 360 tour and while it was incredible and we got a great spot by the rail - we only seemed to be able to get into the 'Outside ring' and not the 'inner red zone'.

I still have no idea why that was. I guess the red zone only got you so far and if you wanted inside the area with the bridges etc that was the 'pit' and you would have had to have queued all day?

The 360 RZ was what you're calling "the outer ring".  There was no "inner red zone"--that was 360's version of the GA inner circle/ellipse/etc. as on previous tours.  That said, with RZ, you could just leave the RZ and then go into the inner ring along with regular GA--this is what I usually did with 360 RZ tickets.  This meant that with RZ, you didn't have to queue all day, because RZ and regular GA were let in at about the same time.  Indeed, with RZ you didn't have to actually enter the RZ at all--once you got to the floor, you could simply go into the entrance for the inner circle (rather than the RZ) to begin with.  With the JT RZ, though, we're right up against the rail(s) to begin with.

One thing worth noting - the map may change.  I have no inside information, but when the I&E tickets went onsale in 2015, all seating charts clearly showed the Red Zone as being attached to the catwalk/b-stage area.  However, when the tour actually began, it turned out that the Red Zone areas were actually attached to the front sides of the main stage - in other words, in a completely different location than was on the seating chart.

So right now, while the map does indicate that it will be in front of the stage adjacent to the catwalk, I'm not gonna believe that's the spot until I actually see it.

I understand your caution, but am pretty sure it's a different situation this time.  For I & E, it was clear (to some of us, anyway), that the initial maps were incomplete/vague/unreliable--it was a huge discussion topic here on the boards.  Indeed, that's way I didn't buy any RZ tickets last time when tix went on sale.  And you're right, of course--the RZ location changed markedly (and much for the worse, IMHO).  This time, the maps are much more detailed and specific from the get-go.  I'd say it's almost certain that the depicted RZ is where it will actually be (this time).