Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Ticket purchasing issues on Ticketmaster.com - What can you do?

I was first only able to get 300 level tickets as no GA was available. Then a few hours later GA came up. I bought a ticket there and called TM to cancel my earlier tickets. What a racket.

I have been to every tour over last 30 years. This was the biggest cluster I have ever faced. Should not be this hard for longtime u2.com subscribers.

Anyone else INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED trying get GA for Vancouver? I started trying immediately when the presale started and the only options TM is giving me are nosebleeds. NOTHING ELSE. I know U2 has thousands of fans, but there is no way that all GAs are sold out. 

I am trying the TM website linked through U2.com/tour, the TM app, the TM website through my phone, the TM website on my computer. Have cleared the cache each time I get "unable to process your request". Getting no love.

Anyone else sick of selecting storefronts and street signs and numbers? AHH!

I actually have one GA Vancouver ticket that I want to get rid of at face value, but I can't because of this ridiculous CC entry policy. I hope U2 will deal with this.

I had much better luck with website (IE) on the Wires presale for Seattle vs mobile app. However, that doesn't mean I didn't lose my tix twice during the payment process before finally getting two. Wanted to get first level side stage, but never had opportunity to select my own seats and TicketWhore never selects those. Then I tried to get two in Tampa and could select my own seats ... but TW won't let you buy two tickets when there are only three left in the row because it leaves an orphan ticket. They had some goofy message telling you this, but it doesn't stop there being only one seat available in a row so ... more nonsense. So glad we pay TW so much in fees for the wonderful service they provide ;)

I think that the £380 price tag for 2 seats at Twickenham is steep. But not other option was available, could have said no to expensive and wait for general sale. I have only been in 1 general sale for U2 tickets in the past (2001) never again. I got my tickets so I'm in, happy just have to swallow hard to justify the price tag.

Rory 7, I too experienced glitches with Ticketmaster, I went through U2.Com into the ticketmaster Ireland website, was logged into ticketmaster as my name was on the screen, Like you couldn't find the 'Wires Group' had to refresh, time was ticking away, found the group, entered my code, got into the tickets, took two go's but eventually got Pitch1, couldn't get Pitch2, suspected they were gone from the day before, got Pitch one, proceeded to the payment, no problems there until I pressed 'Confirm' to pay and that's when the tickemaster started it's crap, requested me to log in! I was already logged in, slight panic rising in me, put in my password, would'nt accept it, tried again, same story, PANIC! Thought I was going to loose the tickets, had to reset Password, wait for email, copy temporary password and paste into ticketmaster login, all the while window with tickets was still open and the clock ticking down, had to put credit card in twice, eventually I got the tickets, but to be honest I was a wreck after that. It's like Ticketmaster is geared up to make the Customer fail. Long Story Short, have my tickets, but man, tough!! Get your act together Ticketmaster.

The scalpers that are ticketmaster have kept lots of tickets to sell themselves on their sister sites as usual .When is someone going to put a stop to this fraudu8lant company .They are not the only ones doing it either

Every Concert in Ireland the same thing, Tickets are up on Seatwave already and the tickets are not on sale until Monday, it's really terrible, has to be stopped.

It's a joke... serious lack of consideration on u2 and ticketmasters part! Same every tour. It's a scam, never thought I'd be saying tat! No reply on u2.com help either!!

Once again I had issues with a presale - Ticketmaster doesn't put up all seats for presale. I thought that was the POINT of having a presale... If all seats were up, then it'll be sold out (Seattle) by the time the public onsale happens...

Was on Wednesday presale at 9 got in start away had the sliver hot tickets nowhere to put presale code so keep going got to complete and my bloody bank looked for a 3D secure code never happened before . Had no code time ticked away so then went into get them again they were gone . End up with good seats in 305 but was tramatised at my experience panic

Cant purchase tix!!!

My validation number is in and validated but all the pre sale seats say "..coded needed" which I have done and it says validated  on the screen and appears in the box. this happens on all of the presale seats but not on the "venue seats"  Any ideas greatly appreciated!

delete cookies and cache, close the browser, reopen it and log in again to u2.com... go to the TM site via u2.com

If possible, try also with the mobile app

Well it's now 5pm, I've spent hours ploughing through these threads for ideas and trying them, hours wasted, and I got nothing.  

I re-joined the site to purchase tickets in the pre-sale, that was my only reason.  How do I go about getting my money back?  

Well it's now 5pm, I've spent hours ploughing through these threads for ideas and trying them, hours wasted, and I got nothing.  

I re-joined the site to purchase tickets in the pre-sale, that was my only reason.  How do I go about getting my money back?  

Subscriptions are non-refundable.

Same thing here, waste of time and money.  Now I'm out $50 and no tickets.  How is it even possible to sell out Soldier Field in Chicago during a presale???  This was supposed to be a birthday surprise for my wife.  What a joke.  Pissed off in Missouri.

Edited by Scott586

I missed out too for LA and was trying for Red Zone or GA for LA for 2 days. I am a longtime U2.com (Red Hill Group) subscriber and got nothing, but was only offered seating packages over $1,000 or nosebleed tickets. If I am coming all the way from Australia I would expect to have ticket where U2 don't look like ants on a stage. Really annoyed! 

Even under these circumstances?     It never entered my head that you guys would let this could happen.  

Now I feel ripped off and disrespected by the U2 family and business, and that feeling will now be connected to music I love and have loved since 1987 and before.  The loss is much greater than the $50, please.... there must be something that can be done.  

Edited by lilymappin

Even under these circumstances?     It never entered my head that you guys would let this could happen.  

Now I feel ripped off and disrespected by the U2 family and business, and that feeling will now be connected to music I love and have loved since 1987 and before.  The loss is much greater than the $50, please.... there must be something that can be done.  

You can of course make a complaint via the Help page dropdown menu http://www.u2.com/help

Use the form on the right of the page, let us know what reply you get, thanks.

A friend struggled with getting GA's in the Wires group for Dallas.  He went ahead and got 2 for section 300.  Later in the day, when GA's were released (still not sure the reasoning here), he did get 2 GA's.   He called Ticketmaster and they refunded him the section 300 tickets and allowed him to get 2 more GA's.  A very stressful day ended up a good day for him.  Glad Ticketmaster was able to help my buddy.

delete cookies and cache, close the browser, reopen it and log in again to u2.com... go to the TM site via u2.com

If possible, try also with the mobile app

I had tried all of that (x2), no luck.  Thanks very much for trying.  This is the worst presale experience in the decades I have been doing this.

I love the heading of this topic.

What CAN we do? We're constantly thrown to the Ticketmaster fire. What can we do if this monolith of a company keep treating fans to such poor service, yet charging extortionate fees for the privilege??

Hmmmm ...

I got a polite and apologetic email reply for the help line.

'Presale tickets are not guaranteed, membership is non-refundable'.  

The link on the Ticketmaster site that said "Buy pre-sale tickets when you join U2.com' there was no 'maybe'.

Not fun feeling like a sucker.  (As she sits watching the 'searching' on the general sale for the last 10 minutes)  

I would keep trying, they drop tickets all the time... If you poke around you will see that it has happened in many cities. Additionally, I went to Dublin in November 2015 for the two shows, only had tickets for one, but found a U2 fan here on the boards that lined me up with another pair. I wouldn't give up all hope, that's all I am saying.

Derek in Boston

I am trying to get tickets in the presale for Pasadena show 2 and I am only able to access VIP tickets.  I only bought two tickets to the first show and am Red Hill group.  Please help.