Sign in to follow this  
jjwankenobi

Vancouver presale - Should've lowered my expectations

Sorry, there was an error with search.

Try again later.

...Such are the words I keep seeing in my attempts to purchase just 2 tickets for my wife and I to the May 12th opening show in my hometown.

Looks like only access to the ridiculously-priced packages were unlocked by my fan club code (I just needed regular seats, in the $70 to $100 each range).

Thanks for nothing, boys...

This is turning into a fiasco similar to the I + e Tour Fan Club presale. When we got to our seats we were shocked to discover we were behind the stage, despite the seating map indicating differently when I bought them with my code.

Maybe I'm a little jaded in my 43rd year, but I should have expected less than a smooth presale. I should have just saved my $50 USD fan club fee ($66 CAD after exchange) for the imminent DVD / Bluray release.

I guess I'll just keep on clicking away.

Are you in the Red Hill pre-sale Group? I'm in the Wires group for tomorrow and that's the message I get if I try to get regular tickets today ahead of time. I can also get the packages today. 

Just logged on for Vancouver and there are plenty of tickets available. 

check the codes...

Your code starts with U2JTA?

You are on the Red Hill Group

Your presale starts Wednesday, Jan. 11, 9am (local venue time) and ends on Friday, Jan. 13, 5pm (local venue time)

Your code starts with U2JTB?

You are on the Red Hill Group Wires Group

Your presale starts Thursday, Jan. 12, 9am (local venue time) and ends on Friday, Jan. 13, 5pm (local venue time)

Just realized I'm in the Wires group so hopefully I'll be getting my tickets tomorrow.

I let my membership lapse for 2 months before renewing so I was unknowingly a n00b again.

I guess I get to lower my expectations before attempting to buy tickets online, after all...

Starting to think all this trouble isn't worth seeing them live anymore. Watching the I + e Tour DVD at home, sipping on some bourbon and noshing on chicken wings was much more enjoyable than the nosebleeds I got for the first night, and the "fan club" seats behind the stage on the second night of the Vancouver opening dates. 

Like bob Marley once said, "...time will tell"

check the codes...

Your code starts with U2JTA?

You are on the Red Hill Group

Your presale starts Wednesday, Jan. 11, 9am (local venue time) and ends on Friday, Jan. 13, 5pm (local venue time)

Your code starts with U2JTB?

You are on the Red Hill Group Wires Group

Your presale starts Thursday, Jan. 12, 9am (local venue time) and ends on Friday, Jan. 13, 5pm (local venue time)

Yep, thanks.

Sorry, there was an error with search.

Try again later.

...Such are the words I keep seeing in my attempts to purchase just 2 tickets for my wife and I to the May 12th opening show in my hometown.

Looks like only access to the ridiculously-priced packages were unlocked by my fan club code (I just needed regular seats, in the $70 to $100 each range).

Thanks for nothing, boys...

This is turning into a fiasco similar to the I + e Tour Fan Club presale. When we got to our seats we were shocked to discover we were behind the stage, despite the seating map indicating differently when I bought them with my code.

Maybe I'm a little jaded in my 43rd year, but I should have expected less than a smooth presale. I should have just saved my $50 USD fan club fee ($66 CAD after exchange) for the imminent DVD / Bluray release.

I guess I'll just keep on clicking away.

?

I got the RZ tickets I wanted on my ipone app right away but, even 10 minutes later, could still find plenty of GA and lower bowl tickets on the website.

even right now (10:36 PST or 96 minutes after it started) I can find a whoooole bunch all over the stadium....

(I just tried and got 2 seats in Section 206 for $100 each)

????

keep trying man....

edit: just saw you are in wires.

well, as I said, if there are still so many left after 90 minutes of the Red Hill group there will certainly be some for wires tomorrow.

My advice is: use the iphone app.  connects more smoothly.  good luck.

Edited by myzmak

After solving the stupid TM locked out issue, I found plenty of choices so persevere when your turn comes tomorrow.

Yes, the I+E DVD is pretty cool but nothing beats the emotion of being there and this time we will (may?) hear JT in full. I've never travelled to see the band before but I'm coming all the way from Sydney just to see this, my 10th show. After the number of music icons we lost in 2016, you never know if this could be their last tour or (being a similar age to the guys) my last chance to see them.

The advantage you get by not buying right away is that now the Buy on Map feature is enabled.

No way I would have bought the tickets presented to me had I know what was available.

MODS - pls consider providing that feedback.

Disappointed here too - in the Red Hill Group shut out of GA.  Tried from start for 2 hours & neither apps nor website worked. Cleared caches, tried different browsers too - It'd accept my code but not allow GA purchase.  Will try again tomorrow. :(

After solving the stupid TM locked out issue, I found plenty of choices so persevere when your turn comes tomorrow.

Yes, the I+E DVD is pretty cool but nothing beats the emotion of being there and this time we will (may?) hear JT in full. I've never travelled to see the band before but I'm coming all the way from Sydney just to see this, my 10th show. After the number of music icons we lost in 2016, you never know if this could be their last tour or (being a similar age to the guys) my last chance to see them.

Meh. Like I said I'll lower my expectations for my turn tomorrow.

I guess I really shouldn't complain. I'm fortunate to have seen them live on every tour, beginning with the Joshua Tree '87 Tour, right up to The I + e Tour. Most times were in my town! (Vancouver).

Gotta say the best was still ZOO TV April '92. The last night of first leg of the NA Tour. The show was simply revolutionary, and the sounds of the Joshua Tree being chopped down resounded in every "clang" of Larry's drums during "Zoo Station". They returned later that year with the larger more bombastic 'Outside Broadcast', but the intimacy of the first leg was never matched by them again...well, except maybe during the Elevation Tour at the Saddledome in Calgary (2001).  

Fingers crossed and dreaming out loud...

jjwan

There's still seats in $70 range

I'm in the newbie 'Wires' group so I'm not allowed to access them until tomorrow.

I let my membership lapse for 2 months until I renewed so I'm a n00b.

HI Vancouver fans, I'm Wires so will get a chance tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me the price breakdown so I can plan ahead?

Lower bowl would be nice, but uppers would be fine too. 

Def going for a seat.  At 35 I'm too old now for the GA lines and crush.

Is the Vancouver show credit card ticketing only?  Is there a choice?

Thanks!

HI Vancouver fans, I'm Wires so will get a chance tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me the price breakdown so I can plan ahead?

Lower bowl would be nice, but uppers would be fine too. 

Def going for a seat.  At 35 I'm too old now for the GA lines and crush.

Is the Vancouver show credit card ticketing only?  Is there a choice?

Thanks!

You can actually go onto Ticketmaster and see the prices for yourself.

They are $280, $155, $100, $70 and $35 CAD

any idea what the Vancouver red zone prices are? 

$280 I think. But they appear to be sold out.

Got my turn this morning.

2 seats in Section 254 for $70 each...which are actually $91.25 seats after 2 x $17.75 Service Fee, 2 x $3.50 Facility Charge and then a $5.50 Order Processing Fee. 

Found What I was Looking For...I guess.

When Edge fell off the stage on opening night of the I+e Tour here in Vancouver it cemented the feeling that U2 were veering closely to The Rolling Stones territory...almost sad to watch in how old they've become, thereby reminding me how old I've become. Thankfully, thanks to their showmanship that feeling went away the second night despite being seated behind the stage in fan club presale-bought seats. 

They've got one shot this time around. One night to bring me back to 1987. Please don't fek it up, Boys.

When Edge fell off the stage on opening night of the I+e Tour here in Vancouver it cemented the feeling that U2 were veering closely to The Rolling Stones territory...almost sad to watch in how old they've become, thereby reminding me how old I've become. Thankfully, thanks to their showmanship that feeling went away the second night despite being seated behind the stage in fan club presale-bought seats. 

They've got one shot this time around. One night to bring me back to 1987. Please don't fek it up, Boys.

I don't think Edge falling off the stage was about his age. It seemed to me to be one of those first night screw ups.

Edited by gary135r

I don't think Edge falling off the stage was about his age. It seemed to me to be one of those first night screw ups.

Agreed.

Still made ME feel old AF, though

I chalk it up to him being wrapped up in the emotion of the moment, singing along with that incredible Vancouver crowd. I was directly accross the catwalk from where he fell, and my jaw dropped to the floor. Fortunately he got right back up!

I was way up in the stands, and wasn't fully looking, but heard a TWANG! and then saw people helping him up.  

Heh...I was on the floor, around the mid-point of the catwalk, on the side that he fell on, and I noticed absolutely nothing until I read about it later because there were too many tall people in the way, and I'd shifted my attention to whoever was coming down behind him (Larry, I think?)

I was up in the nosebleeds looking down at the catwalk and there was a collective gasp in my section when Edge met the edge.

Had he broken his arm then it could have been a "U2 360 shelved because of Bono's back" situation all over again!

I saw Edge walk off the stage the first show of the U2IE tour.  Just working out the kinks imo. Looking forward to the U2JT30 experience!!!2