2. 2. How Many U2 Shows for you?

• First
    • 2-5
    • 5-9
    • 10-13
    • 14-16
    • 17-19
    • 20+

Ok, purely to start something under this topic, why don't we start a little discussion about those who will be attending this show.

3 easy questions:

- Where are you from?

- where are your seats?

- How many U2 shows is this for you?

- Song on JT you most want to hear?

My answers:

- from YYC

- RZ tickets (thanks TM app!)

- I believe this will be 12 or 13.

........and tough one (and its my own question)

But my vote is gonna be exit.

Miami here.

Hoping to get some tix tmrw in wires sale. What was cost of RZ if you don't mind me asking.

1st !

Probably "running to stand still"

Miami here.

Hoping to get some tix tmrw in wires sale. What was cost of RZ if you don't mind me asking.

1st !

Probably "running to stand still"

$350 CDN.  So, in USD, that is like $7.34 ;)

And, as of an hour or so ago (so like 90+ minutes after RH presale opened, there were lots of tickets available left from our presale so there should still be lots available for Hill tomorrow)

Miami to Vancouver - that is a long travel for the show....

I actually have the shortest travel time out of my other friends going to the Vancouver show! Got a buddy flying in from Australia! Figured we'd meet halfway, give or take a few miles lol

Saw the '87 Joshua Tree Tour (my first U2 gig) in my hometown at B.C. Place.

After seeing all the subsequent tours (except the Lovetown Tour) at home and elsewhere, I'm gonna see the '17 Joshua Tree Tour in my hometown at...B.C. Place!!!

"Full circle", or what, eh?

I'll be the guy cheekily wearing my well worn POPMART '97 Tour shirt in the cheapest fan club seats possible.

1987, 2017 and 1997...at least there's a pattern ;-)

Love the underrated song "Red Hill Mining Town" and the odd, sweaty music video that compliments it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytRekLUX3GE

Hope to hear it live once and for all.

After seeing all the subsequent tours (except the Lovetown Tour) at home and elsewhere, I'm gonna see the '17 Joshua Tree Tour in my hometown at...B.C. Place!!!

I'll be the guy cheekily wearing my well worn POPMART '97 Tour shirt in the cheapest fan club seats possible.

Love the underrated song "Red Hill Mining Town" and the odd, sweaty music video that compliments it.

I actually wore my popmart shirt (purchased in Edmonton, '97) last night as a 'good luck' omen for the presale this morning.

Maybe I'll wear mine to the show so there will be a couple of us old f-----ers in the crowd, eh?

And, yeah, Red Hill will be great too.

I am a bit of 2 minds about these 'nostalgia/anniversary' tours that so many bands are doing. 

BUT, I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it when the Hip did Fully Completely a few years back and I'd be struck by lightning lying if I didn't say that seeing this whole album live won't be a big deal for me.

(While I was a big fan even then, at age 11 and living in Saskatoon I was just a little too young to catch JT tour the first time around so have always felt it was missing from my own experiences....)

I actually wore my popmart shirt (purchased in Edmonton, '97) last night as a 'good luck' omen for the presale this morning.

Maybe I'll wear mine to the show so there will be a couple of us old f-----ers in the crowd, eh?

And, yeah, Red Hill will be great too.

I am a bit of 2 minds about these 'nostalgia/anniversary' tours that so many bands are doing. 

BUT, I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it when the Hip did Fully Completely a few years back and I'd be struck by lightning lying if I didn't say that seeing this whole album live won't be a big deal for me.

(While I was a big fan even then, at age 11 and living in Saskatoon I was just a little too young to catch JT tour the first time around so have always felt it was missing from my own experiences....)

Nice!!! I'm originally from Deadmonton so I travelled back to the old 'hood for POPMART . Gotta say the Commonwealth Stadium show was leagues better than the Vancouver and Seattle dates that came after, as well as the Eugene, Oregon date that preceded it. The energy was incredible in The 'Chuck those nights!

Whenever I listen to WOWY on the Popheart EP I take pride in knowing I was at that show, therefore, I'm on that recording too!

And...oh yeah. The Hip performing Fully Completely kicked crazy Canuck ass!

Edited by jjwankenobi

- Where are you from?

Vancouver

- where are your seats?

GA

5th

I think Mother's of the Disappeared, but Running to Stand Still is an all time fav.

Edited by Vanessa_16

-Where are you from?

Vancouver

- where are your seats?

GA both shows (wish it was RZ!)

13 in Vancouver and 14 in Seattle

One tree hill

So cool to see that people who went to the original tour were able to get tickets for this one as well (I daresay it has become much harder to snag tickets over the years). I hope to get to meet some of you!

Where are you from?

Tappen, BC (just outside of Salmon Arm, in the Okanagan)

- Where are your seats?

Was able to snag GA, which I am totally happy about.

This is my FIRST, and will be my sister's first as well. We are stoked to have the whole experience, including the hugely long line up for good GA positioning. Hopefully May 12 will be a nice day in the city, but we are ready to plan for any possibility. I have been wanting to see U2 for fifteen years, so I am really, really excited. 

It probably sounds like an easy one/obvious one, but I will absolutely lose it when I hear Streets live. I will cry. No question.  :P 

I actually have the shortest travel time out of my other friends going to the Vancouver show! Got a buddy flying in from Australia! Figured we'd meet halfway, give or take a few miles lol

That is so awesome.  :D  I love these kinds of stories. 

Shall we starting sharing tips and tricks about Vancouver, for example: recommended time to start lining up for GA, etiquette for bathroom/food runs, does Vancouver allow camping, accommodation suggestions, and anything else anyone can think of?

Also, does anyone know anything about this credit card entry thing? I have been to quite a few concerts in the last couple of years, but I have yet to enter a venue that way. I know it is to cut down on hucksters etc and I think that is great (although brutal for anyone who doesn't have their own credit card etc), but has anyone had any actual hands-on experience with it? Is it pretty slick and foolproof? 

Yeah they used credit card entry in Vancouver last time for the Red Zone tickets. Just bring with you the credit card used to purchase the tickets. There were no issues last time. I used it at another show for regular tickets and they insert your card into a portable reader as you enter. Again no issues

Nice!!! I'm originally from Deadmonton so I travelled back to the old 'hood for POPMART . Gotta say the Commonwealth Stadium show was leagues better than the Vancouver and Seattle dates that came after, as well as the Eugene, Oregon date that preceded it. The energy was incredible in The 'Chuck those nights!

Whenever I listen to WOWY on the Popheart EP I take pride in knowing I was at that show, therefore, I'm on that recording too!

And...oh yeah. The Hip performing Fully Completely kicked crazy Canuck ass!

Funny how that happens

On 360 tour I saw them in Toronto, Vancouver, the 'Chuck and Chicago and thought Deadmonton (damn, you stole all my nicknames) was the least amped up crowd.  By contrast, Chicago was far and away the most nuts (and we were actually in the stands on that one)

But, yeah, by many accounts the Edmonton shows were crazy strong on that tour - maybe it was a 'first time here' kind of thing?

- Where are you from?

Calgary

- where are your seats?

GA

7th - 5th in Vancouver

Exit

Well, at least someone else who hates the Canucks will be there at the show with me...

-Where are you from?

Vancouver

- where are your seats?

GA both shows (wish it was RZ!)

13 in Vancouver and 14 in Seattle

One tree hill

I had to pause for a second when I saw 'both shows' (wait, did I miss a second Vancouver show announcement???)

...then I figured it out. :lol:

So cool to see that people who went to the original tour were able to get tickets for this one as well (I daresay it has become much harder to snag tickets over the years). I hope to get to meet some of you!

Where are you from?

Tappen, BC (just outside of Salmon Arm, in the Okanagan)

- Where are your seats?

Was able to snag GA, which I am totally happy about.

This is my FIRST, and will be my sister's first as well. We are stoked to have the whole experience, including the hugely long line up for good GA positioning. Hopefully May 12 will be a nice day in the city, but we are ready to plan for any possibility. I have been wanting to see U2 for fifteen years, so I am really, really excited. 

It probably sounds like an easy one/obvious one, but I will absolutely lose it when I hear Streets live. I will cry. No question.  :P 

wo-hoo!

first timers!

.....which totally makes the desire to hear streets easy to understand.  and when the red screen comes up....you'll know what to do.

Yeah they used credit card entry in Vancouver last time for the Red Zone tickets. Just bring with you the credit card used to purchase the tickets. There were no issues last time. I used it at another show for regular tickets and they insert your card into a portable reader as you enter. Again no issues

Seconded.   I've used this a number of times; works great. 

....just make sure you have the right credit card with you!

1) Where are you from?

Sydney, Australia. We never got to see the original JT tour and I'm not expecting this one to head down under (Hoping I+E part II will)

2) Where are your seats?

First tier in the stands on Edge's side. Could have got GA but my standing tolerance isn't what it used to be, so I'm reluctantly starting to choose seats these days  :(

3) How many U2 shows is this for you?

This will be my 10th and the first time I've left my home city, never mind my country. I first saw them (twice in fact) on their first tour to Australia in 1984 and was in the crowd when Zoo-TV was recorded. I've seen them each time they've visited, except for PopMart.

As an aside, two of my three children saw U2 as their first ever concert. The 3rd is my rebellious one and chose Coldplay instead. (Oh the shame!  ;) )

4) Song on JT you most want to hear?

Tough call. Red Hill resonates strongly with me because I grew up in a mining village, but it's probably MoTD. I've been listening to it recently on a PopMart bootleg from Santiago and it's so emotional and so rare. 

was in the crowd when Zoo-TV was recorded. I've seen them each time they've visited, except for PopMart.

Awesome.

I LOL whenever I watch the DVD and see Adam flinch when the money cannons go off near the end of "...Crashed Car".

Yes...I know he was reportedly hung over AF, but...schadenfreude.

Thankfully he's dry now :) .

Looking forward!  I'll be in the first row of upper bowl, as close to the next price tier as I could get. 

I've had GA  for two shows, Vertigo and 360, but I can't stand in line all day, and then all show, like I used to.

This will be concert number 5 for me.

I don't live too far away so we'll walk to this show.  This thread makes me appreciate how far some people are coming from.

I can't stand in line all day, and then all show, like I used to..

You too - guess that's happening more and more as we long-term fans age. 

1) Where are you from?
Winnipeg, Manitoba

2) Where are your seats?
GA for Vancouver (there's 4 of us coming from Manitoba), and my buddy and I have Red Zone for Seattle. First time in Red Zone, and I can't wait to try it out! Figured it would be a good time to try it, as we'll be in line all day for Vancouver already, and I'd rather not go through the GA hassle if I'm crossing borders to go to another show.

3) How many U2 shows is this for you?
Vancouver will be 13th, and Seattle will be 14th. Started with ZooTV in Minneapolis in '92, and I've seen every tour since then. I/E was both shows in Vancouver, which were the first U2 shows I attended with my wife (we were married in 2013). For Vancouver 1, we were right on the catwalk next to the "e" stage, and during Every Breaking Wave, I swear Bono was looking directly at us during the whole song. It was like Bono gave us our own little private concert, among 15,000 fans. Pretty amazing.

Very tough question. Since I first saw Rattle & Hum, I've always said I need to see Exit live before I die, and I will finally get my chance. But then I thought, the fact that they have NEVER played Red Hill Mining Town live, and we will be the first people in history to hear it live, BLOWS MY MIND!!! Can't wait!!!

One note on the credit card entry thing. I've used this many times for many different concerts in the past, with no issue. UNTIL... I/E tour Vancouver 1: we were lined up in about 10 or so different rows for the different doors to go through. Our row happened to have technical difficulty with their credit card reader, so all the other rows were getting scanned in and running to the stage, and our row was standing still!!!! Beyond frustrating. Eventually they used one scanning machine for two different rows, which was slow going but at least we were moving.

Anyhow, barring any technical difficulties with scanning, it's a great system. Just hope you are in a line up where the machine doesn't break down.

Where are you from?

New Zealand

Where are you seats?

GA for me. 

How many U2 shows is this for you?

Vancouver will be my 30th show

Song on JT you most want to hear?

Well been from NZ it should be One Tree Hill but i hear this live when they come to NZ (not very often lol)  Probably Red Hill Mining Town as this will be the first time it will be played live :)

Where are you from?

New Zealand

Where are you seats?

GA for me. 

Well been from NZ it should be One Tree Hill but i hear this live when they come to NZ (not very often lol)  Probably Red Hill Mining Town as this will be the first time it will be played live :)

Congrats on attending your 30th show. As you said, they've never played that often in in NZ, so where else and how far have you gone?

Where are you from?

New Zealand

Where are you seats?

GA for me. 

Congrats on attending your 30th show. As you said, they've never played that often in in NZ, so where else and how far have you gone?

Thanks. I did the first 8 of the IE tour in canada and US and i did Dublin at the end of the IE tour.  I did Boston and Melbourne for 360

Very tough question. Since I first saw Rattle & Hum, I've always said I need to see Exit live before I die, and I will finally get my chance. But then I thought, the fact that they have NEVER played Red Hill Mining Town live, and we will be the first people in history to hear it live, BLOWS MY MIND!!! Can't wait!!!

I had the same reason for Exit (still one of the most powerful performances in that movie) BUT....excellent point on Red Hill.