Sign in to follow this  
bmknapp

Chicago: GA only AFTER I bought reserved -- not happy

Like so many others, me and a buddy were both trying unsuccessfully to buy GA for Chicago with our LONG-TIME fan presale codes. We both ended up punting and buying a pair of reserved seats. And NOW it shows GA seats available to both of us. Seems very fishy: as if they want to make us buy a pair of reserved seats before we can then get on the field. UNHAPPY with my fave band.

Same thing happened to me.  I didn't want reserved seats and paid twice what i'd planned.  Ticketmaster is horrible.

I had the opposite happen wanted the 35.00 seats said not avail and try again landed up getting GA and spent more $$$ than I wanted Hmmmmmm???? Fishy fishy ????

Ticketmaster will allow you to get a refund for the first tickets if you purchased another set.

I did it this morning when better seats popped up and I bought them.

newsman, on 11 Jan 2017 - 3:05 PM, said:newsman, on 11 Jan 2017 - 3:05 PM, said:newsman, on 11 Jan 2017 - 3:05 PM, said:

Ticketmaster will allow you to get a refund for the first tickets if you purchased another set.

@newsman. How did you process the refund?? Thanks!

That's a good question.  This is an exact quote from the Ticketmaster agent I chatted with (since I am in a very similar boat):

"I'm sorry but there is no refunds for U2, once tickets have been purchased. These tickets are restricted and can not be resold or transferred."

Edited by Keith2

I ended up in the same boat and have some super upper deck tickets that I'm able to resell through ticketmaster directly. I even called them to check and they were like "yeah, just hit the sell button and go from there."

newsman, on 11 Jan 2017 - 3:05 PM, said:newsman, on 11 Jan 2017 - 3:05 PM, said:newsman, on 11 Jan 2017 - 3:05 PM, said:

@newsman. How did you process the refund?? Thanks!

That's a good question.  This is an exact quote from the Ticketmaster agent I chatted with (since I am in a very similar boat):

"I'm sorry but there is no refunds for U2, once tickets have been purchased. These tickets are restricted and can not be resold or transferred."

I decided to give TM a call again.  They were able to cancel my first order for me.  I'm sure I won't be able to reuse my presale code but I was only planning on going to one show anyway so that's fine by me.

It's a bunch of garbage, this is not about going after "scalpers". These tickets are my property. I should be able to do with them as I please. If I have a business meeting and can't attend I should be able to give them to a family member. Basically my credit card company owns the tickets. Raises interesting legal questions.

I snagged myself two GAs just now for the Saturday night. Delighted. 

Only problem is I had panicked and bought two in section 304 just before that. Am looking to sell them on if anyone interested. I paid 190 dollars each for them on the resale portal and I can put them back up because I don't have a US debit card - only an Irish one!