Sign in to follow this  
tvham

Benefits of VIP?

I have a friend who purchased VIP tickets for the New Jersey show and is second guessing her decision. For those of you who have done VIP in the past - was it worth it? I know that's a relative term, but how was the food and drink? What time does it start and do you get access to alcoholic beverages during the show or just preshow? Any other sort of benefits??

Thanks!

I purchased VIP too for the great seats.  I would love to know the other perks.  They said preparty (I am assuming WITHOUT the band) and merchandise... but no details.  This is for the Rose Bowl.

I have to say I bought mostly for the great seats they offered!  So I am happy either way.  But would love to know when it all starts, what it involves, etc.  Also tix only available by willcall with no option to get it beforehand, which is a major pain at the Rose Bowl since it is a huge place with poor parking and access...

I bought a VIP package for I+E in Phoenix. Our seats were low and decent.

They had a separate line for us to enter through - and the merchandise table was open just for us, for a set amount of time. Outside of our buffet area there was a photo op background. We were provided with a ticket that was good for one alcoholic drink. I can't remember what all they had for dinner but I do remember baked salmon with some sides. Tables were set up, with tablecloths. We were entered into a raffle for a backstage tour. We were given a very nice book with info on U2 and all their tours, souvenir tickets from those shows, guitar picks, cool photos and stuff. Once we left the VIP area to go to our seats we were, as some other poster mentioned, "just one of the crowd," although we had our bellies full of salmon and a free drink.

Since I was in from out of town I can't speak to parking perks, and there may be someone who did VIP in Phoenix that will remember the experience in more detail. It was nice, I am glad I took my daughter and did it...but I didn't have one of the upper tier VIP packages that I saw offered with this upcoming tour because I don't remember having to take out a second mortgage! It was maybe a little bit less hassle but unless and until I pay a boatload of money and get to meet the band, I'm going to slum it in General Admission from now on. :)

I bought a VIP package for I+E in Phoenix. Our seats were low and decent.

They had a separate line for us to enter through - and the merchandise table was open just for us, for a set amount of time. Outside of our buffet area there was a photo op background. We were provided with a ticket that was good for one alcoholic drink. I can't remember what all they had for dinner but I do remember baked salmon with some sides. Tables were set up, with tablecloths. We were entered into a raffle for a backstage tour. We were given a very nice book with info on U2 and all their tours, souvenir tickets from those shows, guitar picks, cool photos and stuff. Once we left the VIP area to go to our seats we were, as some other poster mentioned, "just one of the crowd," although we had our bellies full of salmon and a free drink.

Since I was in from out of town I can't speak to parking perks, and there may be someone who did VIP in Phoenix that will remember the experience in more detail. It was nice, I am glad I took my daughter and did it...but I didn't have one of the upper tier VIP packages that I saw offered with this upcoming tour because I don't remember having to take out a second mortgage! It was maybe a little bit less hassle but unless and until I pay a boatload of money and get to meet the band, I'm going to slum it in General Admission from now on. :)

Thanks so much for your detailed post!

I did top VIP packages for both 360 (Anaheim and Dallas) and I&E (NYC) tours. I thought it was solid, but didn't blow me away. Which is fine. There for the concert. My experience was almost exactly like what onelynne posted - the only other thing I will add is about a week before the show I got an email telling me exactly where and when to show up - it wasn't just the will call window. Also somebody checked us in and took us back to the buffet, pre-show hanging out area. The other I thing I personally enjoyed about the experience was meeting many different couples from all over and sharing U2 stories and such in relaxed setting. Probably like what people in GA line experience all day but in an area with no wait for a bathroom and   B) an open bar...

Edited by mikeaustin63

Thank yu for the excellent posts!  It gives me a good idea what to expect now.  Glad we got it although I am not sure it will be "worth it" in the end because really, I would just want to meet the band -- or be one of the crowd.

Right now they made us buy 2 sets of 2 tickets so we are split up although in the same section.  I am going to try to get general seats together through VIP tomorrow but their system would not let me last week.  I called them and they said we could refund those if we wished.  We shall see what tomorrow brings....

I just want great seats!  

We did VIP Party in Montreal on the 360 tour. It was a lounge set up, with bar tables & couches, buffet style eats (if I recall they had Schwartz's Deli, a Montreal institution, cater the deal with sandwiches, salads, sides, etc).  They give you an exclusive gift to make you feel special about yourself, if I recall, ours was a tour laminate and a mini program, but make no mistake....when time is up, you're shuffled out and into the stands and you're just another schmuck with a ticket.  The seats were good, close to the stage, which was the main reason we opted for the package.  I did VIP Party again for Boston this time, as it really was the only option I could pull up during the Red Hill presale.  The parking pass will be handy as well.