Sign in to follow this  
hicksong

Yinzer

Glad they are stopping in the Burgh this time around. Going to be Stellar Night !

Had a pretty smooth Presale, much better than the previous tour....

Edited by hicksong

My experience with the pre-sale was smooth too.

This show in the 'Burgh, in addition to being very enjoyable, will be poignant and bittersweet as well. Back in 2005, due to a strange combination of circumstances, I ended going to the Vertigo show at Mellon Arena with my Mom(!). (I had an unexpected extra ticket, and she was back visiting in PA at the time - and she was always a major-league fan of Bono. :) So, we went to the show, and she talked about it glowingly for the rest of her days (we were fortunate enough to get inside the ellipse in front of the stage as well - the only time on the tour I got inside the ellipse (I had attended 5 other shows in the GA area)).

Sadly, she passed away from leukemia this past October, just days before the 11th anniversary of the Mellon Arena show...had she survived, we certainly would have gone together again - she was always a big fan of JT. Believe it or not, I talked about this show in detail when I eulogized her. When I heard this tour was happening, I wasn't going to miss it. There are shows closer to home for me, but I will make the longer trip to attend this one as a tribute to her. Requiescat in pace mea cara mater.

Sorry for your loss... this will be a special one !

Thank you very much for your kind words.

This show - just as the show in 2005 was - will indeed be a special one! :)

Surely there must be others who are going to this show too who used the pre-sales - did everything go well for everyone?

Edited by dmway

I got two RZ tix on first minute of Pre-Sale with no issues.  I've been checking TM since and there still seems to be plenty of tix for Pgh Heinz Field while Cleveland not much.  Most likely because of the day (Pgh -Weds and Cleve-Sat) and Cleveland is the last date on the US Leg.  I am holding that Cleveland will get a second night (e.g. Sunday July 2) before they head to Europe a week later.  Can't see Pgh getting a second date for multiple reasons: 1) Will one Pgh concert even sell out? 2) Date follows Chicago too closely 3) Bonnaroo follows right after Pgh

Surprised to see Lots of GA's at 10pm night of general sale for Pittsburgh..... come in Pittsburgh.... hello ?

Got 2 GA in the general sale in 2 min on Tuesday morning. (used my Presale code for other shows) This show is by far the worst selling of all shows, not just in North America. GA's still available. 

Got 2 GA in the general sale in 2 min on Tuesday morning. (used my Presale code for other shows) This show is by far the worst selling of all shows, not just in North America. GA's still available. 

Yes, I've heard that from others too. I think the fact that the show is on a Wednesday is the most likely culprit for the slow sales. I bet the sales will pick up when the show is closer to happening.

I just hope that the Pirates don't have a home game on the same night - that would create a disaster for finding parking...

Yes, I've heard that from others too. I think the fact that the show is on a Wednesday is the most likely culprit for the slow sales. I bet the sales will pick up when the show is closer to happening.

I just hope that the Pirates don't have a home game on the same night - that would create a disaster for finding parking...

Agree 100% that sales will pick up as time goes on and will be as close to "sold out" as it can be by June. The Pirates are on the road that night so we dont have to worry about that. Looking forward to going back to Pittsburgh. 

Show on Wednesday (versus the Sat CLE show which is easy to travel for) as well as the CLE show in general likely pulled many people that would have traveled from Ohio, Mich to Pitt decided to go to CLE instead.  

Once people who missed CLE tickets realize they can go to Pitt the seats will sell.   Have so many local CLE people tell me they are so upset that tickets sold out here that had no idea the band has a show in Pitt.  

Show on Wednesday (versus the Sat CLE show which is easy to travel for) as well as the CLE show in general likely pulled many people that would have traveled from Ohio, Mich to Pitt decided to go to CLE instead.  

Once people who missed CLE tickets realize they can go to Pitt the seats will sell.   Have so many local CLE people tell me they are so upset that tickets sold out here that had no idea the band has a show in Pitt.  

no doubt this is true. Sat > Wed on every account.  According to ticketmaster i see over 3700 GA tickets still available for this show!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! thats crazy. Either way i have no doubt the tix will sell in the coming months leading up to the show.  

Another problem for the Pittsburgh show is that Tom Petty is bringing his 40th year (and final?) Tour to Pgh two days later.  Friday June 9th.  Tickets for TP went on sale and sold out over a month ago so Yinzers already bought those before U2 announced and may not want or afford a 2nd show in the same week.  (Personally, I am stoked and have tickets to both JT and TP in Pgh)  

WIth Chicago 2 shows, can't do Pittsburgh as well.  Does anyone want 4 GA?  We would ship you our CC so I would expect entry to be fine.

So ok it begins.  4 GA for Pittsburgh available.  Ping me.