Sign in to follow this  
SharonOD

Advice on Ticketmaster.uk

Apologies this has been posted twice.  (Never used the forum before)

Been a subscriber to U2 for years.

Really annoyed at how at 9 am this morning armed with my pre-sale code after 45 minutes no matter how many times I refreshed was only offered the same 4 seats.

Shouldn't us loyal fans be given access to the all seats and the best available? 

Phoned Ticketmaster to complain and they advised that more will be released tomorrow and Monday, but that they only released a few tickets, I could have a refund and try my luck in the general sale, uhm yeh ok!!!  Or buy 4 more on Monday and swap them back, of course I have a spare £500 to buy more tickets.

Ticketmaster did advise that had I not used a presale code, they could have changed the tickets for me, but as I had used a internet presale code they couldn't

Really mad, when I asked for a goodwill gesture to refund the service charge, after all what service had they provided?  I booked the only available tickets myself, I was on the phone to them for 35 minutes to complain about the lack of service. To which I was advised that I could have a full refund but not the £45 service charge as they cannot do that, its their policy!! What its your own policy Ticketmaster you can change it!!

Am I the only one really angry that the presale does not offer the best tickets for all seats and area's of a stadium/venue.

If U2 are allowing company's to sale ticket's for loyal fans, at a subscription that we pay, shouldn't we be rewarded by getting the best seats available for what we can afford.

Some advice would be helpful

did you buy them on a credit card or debit card? If credit card, check with them to see if they can help (you have more cover in UK)

At the beginning of presales, it pulls up Best Available for the price range/area you are looking for.

Apologies this has been posted twice.  (Never used the forum before)

Been a subscriber to U2 for years.

Really annoyed at how at 9 am this morning armed with my pre-sale code after 45 minutes no matter how many times I refreshed was only offered the same 4 seats.

Shouldn't us loyal fans be given access to the all seats and the best available? 

Phoned Ticketmaster to complain and they advised that more will be released tomorrow and Monday, but that they only released a few tickets, I could have a refund and try my luck in the general sale, uhm yeh ok!!!  Or buy 4 more on Monday and swap them back, of course I have a spare £500 to buy more tickets.

Ticketmaster did advise that had I not used a presale code, they could have changed the tickets for me, but as I had used a internet presale code they couldn't

Really mad, when I asked for a goodwill gesture to refund the service charge, after all what service had they provided?  I booked the only available tickets myself, I was on the phone to them for 35 minutes to complain about the lack of service. To which I was advised that I could have a full refund but not the £45 service charge as they cannot do that, its their policy!! What its your own policy Ticketmaster you can change it!!

Am I the only one really angry that the presale does not offer the best tickets for all seats and area's of a stadium/venue.

If U2 are allowing company's to sale ticket's for loyal fans, at a subscription that we pay, shouldn't we be rewarded by getting the best seats available for what we can afford.

Some advice would be helpful

This is exactly what happened to me last time U2 played Twickenham but not since at any others. Got put up in the cheapest seats in Twickenham 10 mins after they went on sale. I hoped this had been resolved and thought it was down to technology back in 2005 but perhaps not. I dont get it we are the fans who have every year since 1983 paid a subscription fee to originally follow the band but now really to ensure we get tickets for concerts, yet clearly only a small percentage are allocated between us, so some are ok but others aren't and dont get given the choice of tickets available, when the tickets haven't actually gone on general sale. Someone please explain why. I was a lucky one this time but I have been in this position too and its not a nice feeling. Last time when this happened to me I ended up going to Paris through Event Travel and whilst it was a fantastic show and something i will never forget, that original Twickenham show was the only time in something like 45 times that I have seen U2 that I felt disappointed both before and after the show.

Not really very fair.

This brings back memories of my first ever concert - 'Zoo TV' at Earls Court in 1992 

The internet didn't exist; I was 16 years old and I was a subscriber to the band's 'Propaganda' magazine.

Even now, the absolute joy of seeing Zoo TV is still soured by the fact that I - a member of the fanclub - was allocated such abysmal seats in the far corner of the arena (and on the lowest level).

Today, I'm yet to buy a ticket for Twickenham; I'm a member, but I'm not shelling out X amount on cash to be located at one of the far corner's of the stadium on the lowest level with a PA system obstructing my view. 

Hoping better seats become available tomorrow.

A lot of tickets were on third party sites 10min after the presales started, which obviously stopped loyal fans getting the best seats! I think ticketmaster has a lot to answer for!!

Have been checking for good seats regularly all day - for 2 days now - but was offered nothing but the corner's at the wrong end of the stadium... Oh, and a £180 ticket in the 'wrong half' of the pitch.

Whatever the gift is for the 2017 subscription, it had better be impressive!

I subscribed in order to buy tickets for Twickenham and I don't have them.

It looks like there are no GA tickets left now. I'm amazed they've all gone so soon!

???

Why are you amazed?

Look back at previous tours-if fact I think this tour has had the best presale availability for a while.

S+I GA were far more difficult to secure

I had a much easier time securing I and E on general sale than this tour. I really think the JT is driving up demand in a good way for the band. My presale experience was wonderful this time round though, as it was for I and E.

I also do not understand how we are only allowed 4 tickets in a presale but in general sale they allow 6 what a joke why not allow u2 subscribers to purchase tickets at the front stalls.

Tickets were on sale through third party sites minutes after Red Hill presales went live, which implies that 'real' U2 fans aren't above the odd bit of profiteering too, so we shouldn't get too holy about Ticketmaster and their ilk cashing in?

I had to wait for general sale. yesterday. The site kept crashing/logging me out/timing me out. I was at work, so couldn't devote time to spending a deal of time trying to sort it, so just assumed for the first time since 1985, I'd actually have to miss a U2 tour. I managed to get back online with Ticketmaster at around 10.30am - 11.00am. As you'd rightly expect, it was coming up as sold out. I'm not sure if it was for fun, amusement, or hope...or a combination of the whole lot, but for a minute or two, I just kept refreshing the page. After a few minutes, 1 seated ticket (which is what I wanted) came up. I assume the clock/timer on someones order had timed out or something. I naturally purchased it straight away. I couldn't believe my luck. To be honest, it's not a brilliant seat (Lower tier - L11), but at least I am THERE!!

is it a 4 ticket limit per show? or overall for each cardholder? i have 2 tickets for the 8th but want 3 for the 9th too

is it a 4 ticket limit per show? or overall for each cardholder? i have 2 tickets for the 8th but want 3 for the 9th too

From the FAQ:

Q - How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?

A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for any show or combination of shows (for example you can purchase 2 tickets for a show in New York and 2 tickets for a show in San Francisco, or 1 ticket for New York, 1 ticket for San Francisco, 1 ticket for London and 1 ticket for Rome.) All ticketing code use is audited and anyone found to be abusing presale privileges risks cancellation of ticket purchases and U2.com subscription.