Sign in to follow this  
Asterix

Sorry, no tickets from venue currently........ (MERGED)

Long time U2.com member and have been to every U2 tour since Unforgetable Fire.  This was atrocious presale.  On the glitchy TM website, nothing but crap tickets that one could easily get during general sale literally seconds into the presale.  No GA, no RZ.  What the heck is the point of a member benefit if it doesn't work? Also, couldn't use the TM app because it kept saying my code is invalid, only the web browser would accept the code.  Thanks for nothing, presale!

Yeah, this was effed from the start.  They can suck it.  I'm going to get my $50 back and I'm done with this shit.  First they won't release the next record because of the Trump win and now this? Sure, it's not directly their fault.  Get better organizers! Dicks.

Went to buy tickets for the London show this morning (started at 4 am East Coast US time to hit the start of the pre-sale) and had no luck until 5:25 when I got a single GA ticket (I was trying to get 2 or 4 up to that point). I ended up buying that one and the rest on StubHub at 2.5x the price. Certainly not the mods' fault but I won't be renewing my membership again. I had the same issue on the IE tour in NYC. It saddens me to say it but I'll just skip the shows or buy my tix off StubHub and avoid the headache. 

I'm bitter too, but I blame ticketmaster as it took my code as invalid. When you sign up for the membership it does specifically state that tickets are not guaranteed. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that they announce more dates and we can use our codes then.

This is fraudulent, there was no "wires" pre-sale.  Anybody can buy with the pre-sale by paying $50 extra for a U2.com membership.  They lied, sold us a pre-sale that never happened, and it wasn't even possible to buy GA within seconds of the on-sale time.  They owe us our money back.

I managed to get 4 floors for Cleveland about an hour after the Wires presale opened. There was practically nothing at first and then some seats started becoming available. I'm happy that I was searching on both my phone and computer.  I came this close <holds thumb and index finger close together> to spending $700 for lower bowl seats on my computer when the floors for half the price suddenly popped up on the phone.

Keep trying. You may still have some luck when the initial logjam clears up.

It didn't help that TM let anyone in today to buy a ticket IF you bought a membership right then. Check it out: right below Wires, it said 'Buy a ticket and add $50 for membership'

Seems disingenuous to fans.

Why not have a cut-off for membership before the day of presale?

Any way we can be refunded for this membership if we were shut out from tickets?

No.  Buying a membership gives you the opportunity for presale tickets, but no guarantee.  Doesn't hurt to keep trying, people are still have luck.

I managed to get 4 floors for Cleveland about an hour after the Wires presale opened. There was practically nothing at first and then some seats started becoming available. I'm happy that I was searching on both my phone and computer.  I came this close <holds thumb and index finger close together> to spending $700 for lower bowl seats on my computer when the floors for half the price suddenly popped up on the phone.

Keep trying. You may still have some luck when the initial logjam clears up.

How did you manage that when the pre-sale for the Wires for the US just opened  20 minutes age?

Just talked with a friend who is in the Wire group. It seems clear that the tickets made available to the WIRE subscribers was a much smaller pool of tickets than the RED HILL subscribers.

Presale opened at 9 EST and I bought the tickets just before 10 EST 

Ah, the time zone difference.  Makes sense.  We're you limited to your time zone for venues?  

Just talked with a friend who is in the Wire group. It seems clear that the tickets made available to the WIRE subscribers was a much smaller pool of tickets than the RED HILL subscribers.

Or just a lot more recent subscribers in the Wires group trying for a comparable number of tickets.

I will reiterate to keep trying. I just got 4 GA floor tickets to Boston using my Wire presale code