Sign in to follow this  
andy scotson

Why tickets might not always appear when you search

Just a thought, but I've seen quite a few posts (on here and in Facebook groups) by people that mentioned that when looking for tickets they had a number of browsers open, or were using laptop and ipad and phone, or website and app...

I'm which case maybe there are times when a lot of tickets are being held for potential buyers, but only one search leads to a purchase and all the others get released back on sale.

With presumably 100s or 1000s of people leaping in as soon as the presales start there could be lots of this going on, so lots of tickets being temporarily taken off sale and then released back.

Yeah no GA floor tickets at all for Toronto . Terrible . And all this authentication and at check out bull shit about only being able to use credit card and I'd for entry

It's the most ridiculous and confusing system I've seen. 

I have a Masters in Economics and it is absurd. What a fiasco. U2 have gone the way of government and corporate bureaucracy the way they run their ticketing system through ticketmaster. Very infuriating. They have become what they used to rebel against. How ironic. 

I have a Masters in Economics and it is absurd. What a fiasco. U2 have gone the way of government and corporate bureaucracy the way they run their ticketing system through ticketmaster. Very infuriating. They have become what they used to rebel against. How ironic. 

Absofreakinglutely!!!!

Yeah no GA floor tickets at all for Toronto . Terrible . And all this authentication and at check out bull shit about only being able to use credit card and I'd for entry

Check again, I was able to pull up GA's for Toronto an hour ago still.

Just a thought, but I've seen quite a few posts (on here and in Facebook groups) by people that mentioned that when looking for tickets they had a number of browsers open, or were using laptop and ipad and phone, or website and app...

I'm which case maybe there are times when a lot of tickets are being held for potential buyers, but only one search leads to a purchase and all the others get released back on sale.

With presumably 100s or 1000s of people leaping in as soon as the presales start there could be lots of this going on, so lots of tickets being temporarily taken off sale and then released back.

I'm also sure that not all tickets are made available right away. Like, for I+E I was able to get 4 GA tickets for a show like an hour after the tickets went on sale.... some 45 minutes after it was marked as "sold out" here on U2.com. Just kept refreshing and refreshing until I had my 4 required tickets. 

Ticketmaster moves mysteriously...

persistence reaps results....luck needs to be in the cards as well

And what does your Masters in Economics tell you about supply and demand?

What a joke. Nothing available but $330 tickets. No GA's, but I was able to find nearly a hundred starting at $419 a piece on scalper sites. Every tour this is a ridiculous fiasco.