Sign in to follow this  
shack1

Where are you staying ?

So...now everyone has got their tickets (or not..), where is everyone staying ?

I looked on booking.com on Tuesday and there was very little city centre accommodation < €300 a night for a double/twin.  Some really silly prices or just plain booked.

I got a guest house/hotel for €239 on Parnell Square, which is just a ten minute walk to the stadium and ten minutes walk the opposite direction to the city centre.

I feel a Guinness-a-thon of a weekend coming on :D

Booked hotels as soon as date announced to avoid hike and sold out. Paid around £100 for decent place.

Wife booked 2 rooms for 2 night at £150 a night, total of around £600 non refundable..............................we still haven't got tickets yet  :wacko: 

As soon as I saw the dates announced I booked a hotel through bookings with free cancellation (just in case) for EUR 180 pr night.  When I checked the same hotel a few hours later the price had gone up to EUR 250 pr night!

As I'm going to spend 4 nights in Dublin the few extra Euro pr. night make a big difference! :)

After much deliberation, I have decided to stay in my own home. Ten minutes walk to venue.

That's funny. I'm jealous!

Just booked Maldron Parnell Square -- did the "Advance Pay" option for €271 a night, July 21 and 22.

I'll need to forego eating, paying bills, etc., but at least I found a place to stay.

on the last tour i went 2 nights in a row and took a 3hr bus ride home and 3hrs back the following morning just to avoid hotel prices.

If you are a tourist. I would well recommend taking the bus multiple times back and forth overnight to Cork or Belfast just to avoid the mad crazy hotel prices.

After much deliberation, I have decided to stay in my own home. Ten minutes walk to venue.

That's funny. I'm jealous!

Just booked Maldron Parnell Square -- did the "Advance Pay" option for €271 a night, July 21 and 22.

I'll need to forego eating, paying bills, etc., but at least I found a place to stay.

I paid in advance too before we'd even got tickets so it was do or die to get the tickets this morning!

The Croke Park hotel for me, will probably only be able to eat beans between now and then to pay for it, but life is for living and we only get one shot so f**k it is what I say!

I booked the moment it was announced just to be on safe side! But was still expensive. We are staying on a barge! It's called Dublin Barge Hire and we get the whole barge to ourselves, you can even cruise it down a short stretch of the canal if you want but doubt we will after hubby has been on Guinness fest~a~thon. It was about €550 euros I think for the whole boat and was cheaper to book directly with them. I also booked a hotel nearer to Croke Park called Castle hotel as it's only 0.6 miles away. I have had some problems with mobility and wanted to ensure (if there any problems) I also had opportunity to be closer. It's got free cancellation so I'll have to make my decision a few weeks before...fingers crossed we will be good for the barge as we are staying 3 nights and will be brilliant.! I could see how accommodation rocketed shortly after it was announced. If I lived there I would give up rooms for fellow fans!

I went on Airbnb and got a place with great reviews for just over £100, in O'Conell St - bargain!

GREAT !

Sadly I have no idea of the Geography of Dublin .... can anyone make a suggestion??

I have been searching ..... does anyone have any reasonable suggestions of where to stay PLEASE?

At this stage is more a matter of where they have availability at the price you're willing to pay

Check with Google maps the distance from Croke Park

Don't forget Trivago, Airbnb, Hostelworld, or a simple search of B&B

It might be an idea to make a list from Booking and then check directly with the hotel. Some of them might prefer a direct reservation instead of paying commission to Booking.com

Anyway as soon as you find something at a decent price and with free policy cancellation just book it and then keep checking getting close to the date

Hilton Inn for me is just next door from Jurys is like 10 or 15' walking to the stadium.. bit less of 600 Eur 2 nights and jus 8' was to temple bar.. very close to the station where you can go to the beach to spend some time (hope weather will be nice)

Unless I get lucky in the general sale on Monday I may have two rooms at the Leeson Lodge to sell at face value, think its about 2.5 miles from the venue. See how I get on Monday, I think I could get rid of them on cancelon.com no problem, think Dublin's going to be hoaching that weekend and hotel rooms will be at a premium.

Edited by spongebob

The Croke Park hotel for me, will probably only be able to eat beans between now and then to pay for it, but life is for living and we only get one shot so f**k it is what I say!

I'm going to Amsterdam this time.

But this is just my word, and i'll hope you have the time of your life!  :)

I have booked Anchor House .... 17 minutes walk from Croke Park ....includes breakfast ...anyone else staying there???

Gibson Hotel, just across the Liffey from Hanover Quay. Still close enough to Croke and downtown and I like to walk, so it should be great. Paid a hefty amount because I booked late, but that's on me. This is gonna rock!

Gibson Hotel, just across the Liffey from Hanover Quay. Still close enough to Croke and downtown and I like to walk, so it should be great. Paid a hefty amount because I booked late, but that's on me. This is gonna rock!

staying at the spencer - stayed at the gibson last year and had what i will only describe as an underwhelming experience (nothing wrong with the rooms but some serious staff competency issues that kept adding up to make a frustrating stay)

Its crazy put there on Airbnb... just booked a place for around Eur 80 a night which is around 15 drive from Croke park. Crumlin area if i remember right. My first time im Dublin so had to take help of Maps to finlaize the right option. Its crazy as i have never seen places getting booked this fast within a day on Airbnb. I have tried Amsterdam during I&E tour and it was smooth sailing in comparison.