Sign in to follow this  
shack1

Where are you staying ?

To be sure I booked before I had tickets too for +- 150 a night  ^_^

Anyone staying at the Dublin Central Inn like me?

Coming from Canada - staying at the Morgan in Temple Bar for 2 nights.  Pricey but wanted to be closer to Temple Bar/downtown.  Best prices were on Trivago.

Coming from Canada - staying at the Morgan in Temple Bar for 2 nights.  Pricey but wanted to be closer to Temple Bar/downtown.  Best prices were on Trivago.

Stayed there in 2015 - Will stay there again in July! Loved it there! Right in the middle of Everything!

I got a Two-Bedroom Apartment @ Trinity College Campus Accommodation for €162 per night. Bargain!

Anyone else staying @ TCC?

I am......in a single bedroom. Are you using both bedrooms. My friend needs one

Ugh looked again at my confirmation when I said 238 Euros I should have said 319.

Not sure where I got 238 from...expensive night stay.

Anyone stuck for a hotel? Wife booked rooms thinking she was just reserving them :unsure: , of coarse as luck would have it we never got tickets for Dublin so I have 2 double rooms for Friday and Saturday night at The Leeson Lodge for €342 each If anyone is interested.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/ie/the-gay-inn-dublin.en-gb.html?aid=340296;sid=502ccbd2abe92f5bd3003b83777e4f90

I got a Two-Bedroom Apartment @ Trinity College Campus Accommodation for €162 per night. Bargain!

Anyone else staying @ TCC?

I am......in a single bedroom. Are you using both bedrooms. My friend needs one

Anyone stuck for a hotel? Wife booked rooms thinking she was just reserving them :unsure: , of coarse as luck would have it we never got tickets for Dublin so I have 2 double rooms for Friday and Saturday night at The Leeson Lodge for €342 each If anyone is interested.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/ie/the-gay-inn-dublin.en-gb.html?aid=340296;sid=502ccbd2abe92f5bd3003b83777e4f90

Pollyanna, yes i am using both rooms - but check out the above post from Spongebob, he may be able to help!

Someone might want to check http://dcusummeraccommodation.ie/accommodation/college-park-apartments/

It's a great place 3km away from Croke

@mods hope it's ok to post this or any other idea for accommodation :)

Monica....I think my friend and I met you and your partner there years back...funny.

I am taking my son and checked this at the very moment the tour was announced for this summer...and they showed zero availability. Did you manage to get a spot here or are they holding rooms for later...much like ticketmaster !!

B.W.Academy Plaza Hotel, off O'Connoll.

Thrilled to be taking my 13 year old son, though no doubt will mean a much calmer and more sober version of myself this time in visiting Dublin ! ;) 

After much deliberation, I have decided to stay in my own home. Ten minutes walk to venue.

That's funny...BUT, had I read this prior to booking my hotel, I might have been asking if you were renting rooms !! :D

Someone might want to check http://dcusummeraccommodation.ie/accommodation/college-park-apartments/

Monica....I think my friend and I met you and your partner there years back...funny.

I am taking my son and checked this at the very moment the tour was announced for this summer...and they showed zero availability. Did you manage to get a spot here or are they holding rooms for later...much like ticketmaster !!

right, was for the 360° ;)

I live m in Dublin now :)

Did you write them? Because at the moment they show they give availability on request, there's no form to fill in

Anyway guys keep checking because many places mighthhave availability close to the date because of cancellation

Edited by monica martino

right, was for the 360° ;)

I live m in Dublin now :)

Did you write them? Because at the moment they show they give availability on request, there's no form to fill in

Anyway guys keep checking because many places mighthhave availability close to the date because of cancellation

I think it was Vertigo...way back. I emailed the college and have not heard back but will call Monday. We have a place booked, but I really liked the atmosphere there ( and the reasonable price point ), so hope something comes up.

Always exciting planning a U2 adventure !

Nope for the Vertigo I'm 100% sure I was at jury's Inn in parnell street :)

Good luck for the adventure!

Pollyanna, yes i am using both rooms - but check out the above post from Spongebob, he may be able to help!

Thanks.......he got something else

We're also on the 6.30am flight from East Midlands but for some crazy reason we're on the 7.30pm on Sunday home. In the mad rush to get all the logistics sorted it wasn;t planned very well !!!  I don't think you can ammend flights without stomaching a massive fee. We've booked the Grand Canal Hotel which also was poorly planned as it's SOuth of the RIver and seems miles away, Anyone have any ideas on how far it is to walk to the venue from the City ???  I know nothing about Dublin but am really looking forward to it!!!

Google maps ;)

It says less than 3km in less than 40 minutes, uphill on your way to Croke

https://goo.gl/maps/k63aQ62socr

Thank you, I'm guessing that it will be a case of head to the city centre, hopefully there will be some u2 themed stuff going on in the afternoon, and then follow the hordes up to Croke Park.

Google maps ;)

Thank you, I'm guessing that it will be a case of head to the city centre, hopefully there will be some u2 themed stuff going on in the afternoon, and then follow the hordes up to Croke Park.

Murrays Bar at the top right of O'Connell St was fantastic at the last Croke Park weekend. Beer garden out back, tribute bands, and loads of U2 fans from around the world - hopefully they put on something similar in July. 

Of course they will do something similar, what am I thinking! :) 

Great also as you just come out turn right and take a 20 min stroll to Croker after a couple of pre concert beverages. We'll bus it in from the outskirts, and meet my brother and sister n law there. Just have to find a taxi post gig to get us back out to our hotel.

Couldn't resist. Here's the 'baby at the window' clip from last Croke Park weekend in Murrays beer garden. ;)

Google maps ;)

Murrays Bar at the top right of O'Connell St was fantastic at the last Croke Park weekend. Beer garden out back, tribute bands, and loads of U2 fans from around the world - hopefully they put on something similar in July. 

Of course they will do something similar, what am I thinking! :)

Great also as you just come out turn right and take a 20 min stroll to Croker after a couple of pre concert beverages. We'll bus it in from the outskirts, and meet my brother and sister n law there. Just have to find a taxi post gig to get us back out to our hotel.

You nailed it....Murray's was the ideal spot.

I remember Murrays last time too - it was great. 

I'm staying 5 minutes away from there so really looking forward to a drinking session in there throughout the day. Hopefully meet up with some other fans from around the forum.

A friend and I are traveling over from San Diego, CA, 3 days prior for our bucket list U2 concert experience! We got an Airbnb south of city center and hope the public transpo won't be too crazy on the day of! Hoping to meet lots of fun fellow u2 fans! 

A friend and I are traveling over from San Diego, CA, 3 days prior for our bucket list U2 concert experience! We got an Airbnb south of city center and hope the public transpo won't be too crazy on the day of! Hoping to meet lots of fun fellow u2 fans!

i remember in 2009 roads were closed a certain distance from Crome to regular traffic- we got a taxi from temple bar as far as it would take us and walked with the crowds- same on the way back- walking and singing

Tens of thousands strong