Sign in to follow this  
shack1

Where are you staying ?

Anyone stuck for a hotel? Wife booked rooms thinking she was just reserving them :unsure: , of coarse as luck would have it we never got tickets for Dublin so I have 2 double rooms for Friday and Saturday night at The Leeson Lodge for €342 each If anyone is interested.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/ie/the-gay-inn-dublin.en-gb.html?aid=340296;sid=502ccbd2abe92f5bd3003b83777e4f90

Bumpity bump........ :)

Everyone got hotels sorted?

Who needs a hotel. We are on the 6.30am Saturday flight from East Mids returning to East Mids on the 8.00am flight from Dublin Sunday morning. Gonna be a long day !!!!

Me too  :D

Who needs a hotel. We are on the 6.30am Saturday flight from East Mids returning to East Mids on the 8.00am flight from Dublin Sunday morning. Gonna be a long day !!!!

Me too  :D

I thought you had your own motel.

After much deliberation, I have decided to stay in my own home. Ten minutes walk to venue.

you got a couple of spare rooms for four people ?

Worth a try

After much deliberation, I have decided to stay in my own home. Ten minutes walk to venue.

Worth a try

I have two double hotel rooms for sale! :D

Worth a try

I have two double hotel rooms for sale! :D

Sorry but if they are 300+ each then they are out of my price range,thanks for the offer i might do the flight out sat come back Sunday ,cheers 

If anyone's still struggling for a hotel I still have  a booking for 2 rooms available :D:unsure:

Oh yeah. Murrays it was. Great indeed before the show (and there was another even better bono imitation downtown in a bar right on when you walked in. No idea of the name of the place but he was hilarious).

Well well.

Have booked the accommodation, have kinda flights... figuring out what malahides and mountains gonna see, cos let a little finger for this Dublin 22nd J. idea. Now only a ticket needed in Gods country and if I cannot find what I'm looking for well then Plan B, that is to the forests, to the sea and mountain areas and then some Guinness  B). Cheers!

We run like a river to the sea

Edited by jaanakulo

For people staying at Jurys Inn in Parnell Street: don't miss The Kingfisher just opposite the hotel entrance good food for good value (simple advice, I'm not involved in the business :D )

EDIT people staying anywhere else will be welcomed too I think :P

Edited by monica martino

B.W.Academy Plaza Hotel, off O'Connoll.

Thrilled to be taking my 13 year old son, though no doubt will mean a much calmer and more sober version of myself this time in visiting Dublin ! ;) 

We stayed here for couple of nights for the I&E tour, was disappointed not to be able to get a decent rate there this time, as great location.

Booked 2 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn at Custom House for this year.

If the Clarion in Liffey Valley is like it used to be when at IFSC (now The Spencer) you will be more than happy

Yeah, looks great. Pity we'll see so little of it, but had to chose somewhere where our (not so young anymore) kids would be happy staying at whilst mum n dad headed to Croke Park for the evening! Plus handy for us to get to the airport the next morning. Mum n Dad need to be on their best behaviour at JT30! ;)

Anyone stuck for a hotel? Wife booked rooms thinking she was just reserving them :unsure: , of coarse as luck would have it we never got tickets for Dublin so I have 2 double rooms for Friday and Saturday night at The Leeson Lodge for €342 each If anyone is interested.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/ie/the-gay-inn-dublin.en-gb.html?aid=340296;sid=502ccbd2abe92f5bd3003b83777e4f90

If anybody is still looking for a hotel for the 21st and 22nd I still have two rooms available at Leeson Lodge, I have dropped the price to £250 per room for the two nights (295 euros) :)

I have been searching ..... does anyone have any reasonable suggestions of where to stay PLEASE?

Kelly's hotel Very central. We are going to stay there.

I have been searching ..... does anyone have any reasonable suggestions of where to stay PLEASE?

Kelly's hotel Very central. We are going to stay there.

Well I heard the Leeson Lodge was the place to be as Bono was dropping in past for a late night sing along after the concert * :o 

* This may be a made up in my desperation to offload my 2 rooms :P:lol: 

Okay getting closer now, I will consider sensible offers for these two rooms, someone is going to get a bargain weekend in Dublin in the busiest weekend of the year at my expense , Id rather it was a genuine fan going to the concert than just some tourist wanting to do Dublin, so whats your best offers? 2 rooms for 2 nights

Rooms gone, hotel are giving us half our money back but had the two rooms re booked in less than a day. Oh well £300 down the toilet :( Onward and upward to Twickenham!

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:21 AM, spongebob said:

Rooms gone, hotel are giving us half our money back but had the two rooms re booked in less than a day. Oh well £300 down the toilet :( Onward and upward to Twickenham!

awesome offer SB...wish we had seen it sooner. Got our rooms but friends were still looking.

**** HOTEL AVAILABLE **

How is this for irony ?!:mellow:

We have friends joining us and just locked into renting an apartment that will accommodate us all.

SO.... WE HAVE A ROOM FROM JULY 21 TO JULY 25 AVAILABLE AT :

BEST WESTERN PLUS ACADEMY PLAZA HOTEL, OFF O'CONNEL ST. WELL REVIEWED SPOT.

IT'S A ROOM WITH TWO SINGLE BEDS

OUR COST FOR THE 4 NIGHTS IS $961.60 US

IS THIS USEFUL TO ANYONE HERE ? IF SO, WE WOULD GO WITH YOU TO ENSURE EASY CHECK IN.

Email me with questions....

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, economicformula said:

**** HOTEL AVAILABLE **

How is this for irony ?!:mellow:

We have friends joining us and just locked into renting an apartment that will accommodate us all.

SO.... WE HAVE A ROOM FROM JULY 21 TO JULY 25 AVAILABLE AT :

BEST WESTERN PLUS ACADEMY PLAZA HOTEL, OFF O'CONNEL ST. WELL REVIEWED SPOT.

IT'S A ROOM WITH TWO SINGLE BEDS

OUR COST FOR THE 4 NIGHTS IS $961.60 US

IS THIS USEFUL TO ANYONE HERE ? IF SO, WE WOULD GO WITH YOU TO ENSURE EASY CHECK IN.

Email me with questions....

A couple of generic questions asked and answered re timing of securing room vs payment.

We will check you in first, then receive payment in local currency, US or CDN dollars.

Getting things sorted as the grand day approaches.

Brother n sister n law - train from Belfast to Dubs, staying near the station - they're startin early.

Us - car from da north to a hotel on da outskirts - tea time arrival. Us, taxi to top of O'connell st.

Meetin the family at MURRAYS!

WALK ON!;)

On 1/13/2017 at 0:43 PM, Heather S said:

I booked the moment it was announced just to be on safe side! But was still expensive. We are staying on a barge! It's called Dublin Barge Hire and we get the whole barge to ourselves, you can even cruise it down a short stretch of the canal if you want but doubt we will after hubby has been on Guinness fest~a~thon. It was about €550 euros I think for the whole boat and was cheaper to book directly with them. I also booked a hotel nearer to Croke Park called Castle hotel as it's only 0.6 miles away. I have had some problems with mobility and wanted to ensure (if there any problems) I also had opportunity to be closer. It's got free cancellation so I'll have to make my decision a few weeks before...fingers crossed we will be good for the barge as we are staying 3 nights and will be brilliant.! I could see how accommodation rocketed shortly after it was announced. If I lived there I would give up rooms for fellow fans!

Steeped you are! Grand Canal Dock is where HQ is. Also site of Gloria video.