Sign in to follow this  
U2familydavid

Presale Disappointment / But Still My Fave Band (MERGED)

Congrats to those that got the tix they wanted with today's North American presale!  Like many I suppose, I rejoined U2.com with the expectation of being able to participate in pre-sale tickets for Los Angeles Rosebowl show and have some options.  Unfortunately, when I entered the ticket presale at exactly 9am, there were no $35 or $70 tickets available...only $100 (back of venue). With a family of 4, plus fees + $40 parking, a $500+ experience had me scratching my head and 2017 Budget resolutions, so I sadly bailed. I wanted this to be my kids first Rock show but can't responsibly pull it off. I'm going to try and get a refund of my $50 Club Membership which I purchased yesterday...they may need the $ so not holding my breath :)

UPDATE JANUARY 19:

Good things come to those that wait!  I started this thread a few days ago very disappointed with value of my "pre-sale" in getting decent tix for the Rosebowl show...

However, the addition of the second RoseBowl Show MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE!  My 9am pre-sale effort got my family 4 GA Tix!  Super excited to take my 2 kids to see my fave band since 1986.  It'll be their first rock show. Can't think of a better way to get their concert career going.

I felt the need to remedy by salty post of a few days ago now that my presale investment has payed off.

Enjoy the shows World!

Edited by U2familydavid

advice is to keep trying, success being had sometimes takes many tries.... i know its a pain

Boston for me nothing.  All they had was seats near the opposite end-zone.  Now they only have nosebleeds which are very scary at Gillette for $122! No thank you. First time in over 20 years I have been let down by fan club presale.

No GA or Red Zone when I was trying incessantly at 9:00 AM this morning.

It seems to be completely random.  For NJ my code won't even work.  One hour there are GA for Boston, then there isn't a few minutes later.  Then there is again.  For London, all day at different times, I have only gotten message saying there are no tickets of any kind to be had.

Congrats to those that got the tix they wanted with today's North American presale!  Like many I suppose, I rejoined U2.com with the expectation of being able to participate in pre-sale tickets for Los Angeles Rosebowl show and have some options.  Unfortunately, when I entered the ticket presale at exactly 9am, there were no $35 or $70 tickets available...only $100 (back of venue). With a family of 4, plus fees + $40 parking, a $500+ experience had me scratching my head and 2017 Budget resolutions, so I sadly bailed. I wanted this to be my kids first Rock show but can't responsibly pull it off. I'm going to try and get a refund of my $50 Club Membership which I purchased yesterday...they may need the $ so not holding my breath :)

Same here. Logged-in with my code at 9:00 AM sharp, and there was already nothing left on the floor. I was/am at work, so I can't spend all day trying—though I tried for a good 45 minutes. Just tried again, for the heck of it... nothing.

Never registering for another pre-sale again. Pay a fee to be disappointed!? I could have accomplished that free of charge.  <_<

I'm just as disappointed!  My situation is somewhat similar, but I am not buying for family and just for myself and a friend. But budget issues and the fact I shelled out $50 to rejoin (I was a member for many years and had recent life changes, which caused my subscription to lapse) is leaving me ....disappointed.

I tried from 9am and again at intervals throughout the day and continue to be squeezed into the 300, $100 level. I was ready to shell out the general admission fee and be satisfied, and within my budget. 

I have to say, the album The Joshua Tree was never a favorite, and maybe that will be a good enough reasoning to give up and skip this concert.

Sorry to hear. I got in today (I also let my sub expire and re joined day tour announced) at 9:00 am using the TM App with no issue and got 4 GAs for the Philly show (30 years after I first saw them there!). My friend couldn't get 4 right away but got 2 GAs then 5 minutes later got 2 more. I was able to pull some up around 4 pm through the website as well. Maybe Rose Bowl was different and had less tix? I find the app is way better than a PC.

It's supply and demand.  You're not going to get cheap tickets for this tour at this juncture. Maybe later on if lots are still left.

I paid a lot early on for some so-so nosebleed tickets in Chicago. Later on, when they added shows, there were cheaper tickets available. If you

definitely want to go you may need to jump on it. I think this is going to be a popular tour.

Hi there, Mr. G,

Keep trying! I had trouble getting my tickets, too. But then my daughter got me tickets on her phone. The app on the computer wasn't working . . . but now I have tickets and I'm so excited! Yipeeeee! I've seen U2 so many times, and they have always been GREAT! Phone apps seem to work better at ticketmaster for Toronto, so try again and good luck!

Been getting this......

We were unable to process your request.

Try again later.

All day across multiple computers and networks - not happy, 

What venue?

Rose Bowl, Los Angeles.

Such a crock!

<_<

Why are you posting something for the rose bowl in the Philadelphia section?

What venue?

Rose Bowl, Los Angeles.

Such a crock!

<_<

Why are you posting something for the rose bowl in the Philadelphia section?

my fault, moved it here thinking it was Philly - specific, moving back to presale area..

I am also extremely disappointed. Presale wire group had zero good seats to offer and was never able to view a seat map to choose the seats... I had to go with what ticketmaster found for me! Hate my seats.whats the point of paying to bea subscriber to get worse seat selection than the general public? Fraud....

I wanted to get tickets for my husband for our anniversary..he was at the 1987 show at bc place in Vancouver. Thinking that by paying for a subscription i would be first to get decent seats. Noooooooo starting at 9am i spent hours waiting for good seats to come up and reluctantly grabbed crap seats in the upper bowl because apparently there were no lower bowl seats available.... until they go on sale tuesday to the general public... so what is the benefit of presale if there are no good seats? Hmmmmmmm

Ended up with 2 clubs for Philly but really wanted 2 lower level and nothing good was available. All in all a fail. Will not pay $50 once my membership expires.

Hi All,

Me and my sister were gutted not to be able to get tickets for any of the European dates when they went on sale this morning.  As some new dates have been released, we're considering renewing our subscriptions to access the pre-sale - but seeing various posts on here, I'm wondering whether its worth it.  Have lots of people not managed to get tickets in spite of being able to access the pre-sale?  Would be grateful for any feedback.

Thanks,

Sue

I was in the Red Hill group, and am very happy I was, already have 4 tix for the show in Philly.

Not just need 2 in general sale, instead of needing 6 in general sale.

(Need tix for me, wife, and 4 kids.)

reckon u will be fine getting tickets for any added show even not presale maybe not guaranteed ga or red zone but seats i think u will have no problem getting seats if u are on early enough when they go on sale.