jenmusic

Have to Count - the new and improved one :P

45, 107 - Counting while I try and finish another library book. I really should stop taking them out 4 at a time :lol:

45, 109 - Except when I have to take them back :lol: Although if it's a particularly good book, I can always try and find my own copy to buy. 

I feel lucky to live in an area where there are so many libraries within reachable distance. Some of them even let me take out more books than I'm supposed to B)

45 110 evening all on this very wet Friday night. 

Another busy week at work,glad it's Friday.

Hope all is,good with everyone, my hospital appointment last Sunday went well,just got to wait to find out what,s next.

45111 The weather isn't getting better here. The temperature is very mild. but wind and dark clouds don't give a summer feeling.

45112 Counting while we may expect a few warm days to come, especially in the weekend

45113 Just renewed my subscription & getting ready for a new school year.!  School librarian who appreciates the previous posts on library books.  Just found one of my overdue public library books - Illegal by Eoin Colfer & Andrew Rigano!  Our public library no longer charges overdue fines!  Happy reading!

• Like 1

45114 More posts to come about library books appararently. That's a good thing.

45, 115 - Back to the counting after having had no internet for 3 days over the weekend :o

Funnily enough, I went to another local library today. I took out 3 books - don't you just love it when you find the newest one from a favourite author? :D

45116 It was already very warm today and the weekend  promises even higher temperatures.

45, 117 - Cheerful counting after a really good day. Got recognised at the library by someone I haven't seen for nearly 25 years - since primary school... amazing how you remember people after so long. 

45118 The good ones yes. The bad ones I try to erase from my memory.

45119 - Horrific seeing the Amazon burning, I didn't even realise it had been on fire for 3 weeks until I saw it mentioned the other day.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

45119 - Horrific seeing the Amazon burning, I didn't even realise it had been on fire for 3 weeks until I saw it mentioned the other day.

45, 120 - And Brazil's president won't admit that his policies are part of the problem. He sacked their science minister for publicly stating the deforestation was getting worse under his government - which is clearly a true, factual statement. But Bolsonaro doesn't want to hear ugly truths... one worries where this is all going to end.

And that's before we think of all the wildlife being lost, the trees and plants... the indigenous people being displaced... it's a horrible mess :(

45, 121 - Morning counting while listening to 'Song for Someone'. I swear Spotify knows to shuffle onto a U2 song when I log in here :D

45122 The third heatwave of this summer started today 

• Like 1

45, 123 - Very warm here too. Some parts of the UK might break our August Bank Holiday temperature record :o

Very glad we got the shopping done early while it was cooler. 

45, 124 - Night-time counting and it's still too warm. Could be uncomfortable trying to get to sleep tonight :unsure:

45, 125 - More night-time counting. Some parts of England have had torrential rain, but it's still warm here. 

Up north in Grimsby, they had so much rain that it forced a League Cup football match to be abandoned at half-time :o Can we have some of that rain down here please? 

45, 126 - Concerned counting. The UK is a mess at the moment and it feels like there's little the ordinary people can do to stop it. Suspending parliament sounds very dictator-ish :angry:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

45, 126 - Concerned counting. The UK is a mess at the moment and it feels like there's little the ordinary people can do to stop it. Suspending parliament sounds very dictator-ish :angry:

45127 Coincidentally it happened right the day after opposition parties came together to talk about how to stop no-deal Brexit. Tory Brexiteers want to "restore parliamentary sovereignty" (which we've actually had the whole time we've been in the EU) by stripping it away when it's needed most.

Edited by peterferris8

10 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

Coincidentally it happened right the day after opposition parties came together to talk about how to stop no-deal Brexit. Tory Brexiteers want to "restore parliamentary sovereignty" (which we've actually had the whole time we've been in the EU) by stripping it away when it's needed most.

45, 128 - (going to assume you will edit yours and add a number later). Exactly. The whole point of Parliament is that they have the power to stop a prime minister doing something stupid and damaging. Like crashing us out of Europe. Everyone and their cat can see Brexit is a bad idea - but the Tories are hellbent on pushing it through so they can make deals with their mates in America. They don't care if it kills the NHS. They don't care if there are food or medical shortages. They don't care about anything except lining their own pockets. 

I'm going to stop there before it turns into a rant, but this whole thing is just... where's it going to end? It's at times like this, I wish I had the money to emigrate. I feel so powerless :(

45, 129 - Counting after a good day at the library. I am a *ninja* when it comes to finding requested books B)

45, 130 - Morning counting after a fun evening out at the cinema. I'm too young to have seen Speed at the cinema when it first came out, so it was good to finally be able to watch it on the big screen. 

The train journey home was not so fun. I'm glad my Dad was travelling with me - drunk people can be very frightening :(