Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
realgonekid

Songs you want to hear on the Joshua Tree Tour 2017?

59 posts in this topic

JT: Red Hill Mining Town

B-side to JT: Luminous Times and Walk to the Water

non-JT: Gloria

A Man and A Woman

A Sort of Homecoming

When Love Comes to Town

Stand Up Comedy

Silver and Gold

Gloria

JT Songs : Running to Stand Still - Red Hill Mining Town - Trip Through Your Wires - One Tree Hill (JT songs are ALL so amazing  ;))

Others : Gloria - Pride - Sunday Bloody Sunday - Bad - All I Want is You

The Three Sunrises...

Yes.

Well, since I think they have already committed to playing all the songs from JT this tour, I'll have to go with underplayed/unplayed songs from 'Rattle and Hum' (e.g., Hawkmoon 269, God Pt. II), b-sides from JT (e.g., Walk to the Water, Race Against Time, even Beautiful Ghost), and the underrepresented songs live for UF as well (Wire, The Three Sunrises).

They could really empty the vaults live on this tour from that mid-/late-80s era - I hope they do! :)

Sorry double post!

Edited by perenelle

The Three Sunrises...

My favorite U2 b-side...seems like it'd be hard to pull of live though!

Given that there'll already be plenty of deep cuts by virtue of them playing the entirety of the awesome Joshua Tree...I'd like to see them focus on popular hits, that are underplayed in recent years.  Stuff like:

11:00 Tick Tock

Electric Co

Gloria

New Year's Day

Two Hearts Beat As One

A Sort of Homecoming

Bad (it's been played on all tours, just not consistently)

Unforgettable Fire

The Sweetest Thing

Hawkmoon 269

Numb

Zooropa

Lemon

Discotheque

Ultimately I'd like to see them stay away from the stuff from the 2000's and the Achtung Baby hits that've been played with regularity over the last tours, that I've seen performed in very similar style many times.  I'd like to see a tour more representative of what I would have seen on the actual Joshua Tree tour had I been lucky enough to attend.

I'm especially looking forward to hearing Exit and In God's country from JT for the first time live.

I would love to hear the song A sort of homecoming too. It is my favourite song of U2, but I don't think that will ever happen!!

I'm especially looking forward to hearing Exit and In God's country from JT for the first time live.

I would love to hear the song A sort of homecoming too. It is my favourite song of U2, but I don't think that will ever happen!!

Well, they used to play it live - the tracks on the "Wide Awake In America" EP prove it. I agree that this tour would be an ideal time to perform it live again! :)

Well, they used to play it live - the tracks on the "Wide Awake In America" EP prove it. I agree that this tour would be an ideal time to perform it live again! :)

I know... but hearing it live at a gig is different than hearing it "live" from an EP isn't it!!!

Edited by generationwithoutname

I know... but hearing it live at a gig is different than hearing it "live" from an EP isn't it!!!

Of course - I'm concurring that it's time to hear it again and that this tour would be a good time to perform it again! :D

I've always wanted to hear runningnto stand still Live so that one

Nobody ever mentions Spanish Eyes? I'd love to hear that live. "Hooooooooome agggggggggain!)

Difficult as I want them to do the JT in album order but I also only want them to do material prior to JT meaning early stuff first set then back on to Streets when it's dark......for the 2nd set.

Saying that, walking on to Streets would get the place rocking!

Really looking forward to hearing some of my favourite JT tracks that I haven't seen before - IGC, RHMT, RTSS & Trip in particular. Sweetest Thing would be great too.

Outside of TJT era -- I'm pretty easy really it would be nice to maybe get something of NLOTH/Zooropa/Pop or even one of the songs yet to be played from SOI. Though I think the chances of any of these are quite slim.

I'd be quite happy if they dropped COBL and SBS though - quite tired of those now and think they'd benefit from a break.

So many songs would love to hear them play, but if I could only pick one to add it would be God Part II.  

Red Hill, One Tree Hill, Acrobat, Please, Yahweh,  Wake Up Dead Man

Red Hill Mining Town, since it has never been played live.

And I want them to play the strange, sweaty music video on the big screen behind them while they perform it. Or, at the very least, wear era-appropriate clothes and wigs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytRekLUX3GE

Oh, and I want the show closer to be One, then The Mothers Of The Disappeared.

Like they did for Popmart in Chile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxw8o1xzjQE

Pixel suit and Las Madres optional.

I could be wrong, but i think i have a bootleg tape buried in the basement somewhere from a 19887 or 1988 show in Chicago with Red Hill Mining Town on it.  If am remembering correctly, Bono stops the song and tells everybody to shut up for a second.  He says something like "this isn't the Beatles, its U2."  People were screaming and whooping it up.  Maybe that's why they stopped playing it.  

From Joshua Tree, Trip through Your Wires and One Tree Hill.  

From other albums...  I've been waiting for the return of Last Night on Earth since PopMart.  The version from the Mexico City show is just amazing, and i thought it would have projected very well in the arena shows on the 360 tour.  Thematically, I think it fits the times.  

Oh, and Hawkmoon and God Part II.  

One's I would like:

Heartland

Love You Like Mad

Another Day

Running To Stand Still

Shadows & Tall Trees

A Sort of Homecoming 

But, alas, it isn't going to happen, except in my head. :)

And I want them to play the strange, sweaty music video on the big screen behind them while they perform it. Or, at the very least, wear era-appropriate clothes and wigs.

I could be wrong, but i think i have a bootleg tape buried in the basement somewhere from a 19887 or 1988 show in Chicago with Red Hill Mining Town on it.  If am remembering correctly, Bono stops the song and tells everybody to shut up for a second.  He says something like "this isn't the Beatles, its U2."  People were screaming and whooping it up.  Maybe that's why they stopped playing it.  

I think that's Springhill Mining Disaster you're thinking of.

In addition to the entire JT album would love to hear:

God Part II

Bad

Two Hearts Beat as One

ending with "40" of course!

I think that's Springhill Mining Disaster you're thinking of.

I believe you are absolutely correct.  The Peggy Seeger song.  Thanks

Oh, and I've been waiting to hear "A Sort of Homecoming" forever..

Hearing Exit is going to be incredible.....(as will all TJT songs!)....but then give me: God Part II, Hawkmoon, Silver & Gold, Spanish Eyes!

Something like this..

1-11*JT album from start to finish in full.

12*A Sort of homecoming

13*Pride

14*Indian Summer Sky

15*Silver and Gold

16*Heartland

17*God Part 11

18*Desire

19*All I Want Is You

20*Wire

****Encore****

21*Streets again but gospel version

22*New Song

23*Bad

24*40

But mostly- IGC, red hill, one tree hill and exit :)