Sign in to follow this  
sH22

second / third shows and pre-sales? (MERGED)

Can anyone advise if there will be 'u2.com pre-sales' for any of the second shows? (i'm assuming there will be for many of the EUR cities and some NA)

Thanks

Scott

Max (one of the Mods) just posted this on a different thread:

"At this moment it is unknown if there will be more dates, or if there will be further presales (if there are more dates)...

We need to wait and to keep checking the site and the board for official updates..."

I heard there won't be any "u2.com presale" for eventual second or third added shows. There will be only pubblic on sale once the venue is sold out but what I've just written is not sure at all and I would be interested to know some official news too!

Edited by Sarnek

I'd have thought if there was added shows that the people who didn't get the chance to use their presale codes might have got the chance to use them first? Surely that would be the least that could happen after all the screw ups? Then again no point in worrying about it as there has been no new shows added as yet.

If I recall correctly, they had a 2nd and 3rd pre-sell for additional shows that were added to the I&E tour.  I am in Los Angeles and they ended up playing 5 nights at the Forum, but I believe only 4 were announced on the initial release and then 5th show was added a few weeks afterward.  I was surprised and thankful that they allowed subscribers a chance to get these via another pre-sell opportunity.  Let's hope they do this again if rumors of a 2nd show in key cities are accurate.

Edited by neocortex

On Monday morning, TM first listed two Rose Bowl shows for Saturday, 5/20 and Sunday, 5/21. I even read about two shows on one of the local TV News websites. Of course, all evidence was quickly removed.

Let's hope that holds true...and that we DO get a chance for another presale.

From a marketing standpoint, I don't understand the 4-day dead time between pre-sale and public on-sale. Did any show sell out yet? They should have made the public on-sale for today, Saturday morning. U2 fans can create a pretty good worldwide buzz for tickets, but now no one can buy anything and the momentum to create demand for additional shows will naturally diminish. For Rose Bowl, it only looks like nosebleeds are all that remain and the only energy left might likely be diehards looking for released GA tickets.

If I recall correctly, they had a 2nd and 3rd pre-sell for additional shows that were added to the I&E tour.  I am in Los Angeles and they ended up playing 5 nights at the Forum, but I believe only 4 were announced on the initial release and then 5th show was added a few weeks afterward.  I was surprised and thankful that they allowed subscribers a chance to get these via another pre-sell opportunity.  Let's hope they do this again if rumors of a 2nd show in key cities are accurate.

Yes, I agree--especially given the many problems in these initial presales. 

On Monday morning, TM first listed two Rose Bowl shows for Saturday, 5/20 and Sunday, 5/21. I even read about two shows on one of the local TV News websites. Of course, all evidence was quickly removed.

Let's hope that holds true...and that we DO get a chance for another presale.

From a marketing standpoint, I don't understand the 4-day dead time between pre-sale and public on-sale. Did any show sell out yet? They should have made the public on-sale for today, Saturday morning. U2 fans can create a pretty good worldwide buzz for tickets, but now no one can buy anything and the momentum to create demand for additional shows will naturally diminish. For Rose Bowl, it only looks like nosebleeds are all that remain and the only energy left might likely be diehards looking for released GA tickets.

I'm actually glad there's a 4-day delay, because it gives some time to take stock after the presale.  Also, I don't agree with your analysis re demand, etc.  Anyone who wasn't a member/in the presale will simply have been focused on the regular onsale date to begin with; for the general public, it makes no difference how much earlier the presales were.  And if you did participate in the presale, you're already a significant fan, so a few days before the regular onsale won't diminish one's ardor (or even be helpful; see above).

I just posted regarding additional shows and presales. I got a ticket for LA and SF. I was hoping LA had a 2nd show because I was not able to get a GA. I got reserved seats for both shows. I want the whole experience. GA is a lot of fun and you get to interact with so many fans.

Thanks everyone for your input. Let's see what other rumors comes out this weekend. Hopefully something comes out on Monday or Tuesday. Happy MLK!

what peterdiaz just posted...

Ok, understood, hope the information is found out soon!!... based on a few reports in the Irish media today (yesterday) there does appear to be at least a second show being scheduled for Dublin for the 23rd.  Based on my location in Canada, IF there is WAS NOT a short presale window and tickets for the second show go on at that same time (or slightly after the first show sells out) I would be looking at another 2:00am purchase time. 

GA - Vancouver, Seattle, Dallas, Toronto, Dublin ... see you on the road!

Scott

I have an unused presale code.

Logged in to Ticketbasket via U2.com tour page Never got a sniff at a ticket

Think there are quite a few on here in the same boat so it would be nice if, and thats a pretty big IF there are more dates that we could get to use our codes

With added shows in the I & E tour, there were presales.  Hopefully that will be the case again this time.

It would be very nice if the Mods could use some leverage, to allow those of us who never got a chance of a reasonably priced ticket, to use or code IF there is another batch of dates released.

To me, and this is my opinion, that there were sufficient tickets available for the Red Hill group. But the influx of subscriptions taken out after the cut off has taken Ticketmaster and U2 by surprise and there were insufficient tickets available

Ticketmaster also creamed off tickets for sale on 3rd party resale sites.

It would be fitting if we could either get to use our codes if more dates were available or if some movement could be negotiated with Ticketmaster to release a further batch of tickets before the public sale

Or am I just dreaming out loud

Edited by Asterix

It would be very nice if the Mods could use some leverage, to allow those of us who never got a chance of a reasonably priced ticket, to use or code IF there is another batch of dates released.

To me, and this is my opinion, that there were sufficient tickets available for the Red Hill group. But the influx of subscriptions taken out after the cut off has taken Ticketmaster and U2 by surprise and there were insufficient tickets available

Ticketmaster also creamed off tickets for sale on 3rd party resale sites.

It would be fitting if we could either get to use our codes if more dates were available or if some movement could be negotiated with Ticketmaster to release a further batch of tickets before the public sale

Or am I just dreaming out loud

Not our call - we don't have any power on how the presales work...

Thanks for reply Max

I have seen on other posts that the Mods have been instrumental in acting as a liason between members and U2 / Ticketmaster

It would be nice if something could be arranged

Well, I held on to 2 of my 4 presale codes for the second show in LA because I got screwed out of the Red Zone.  And now they're useless. 

Really hope they have a conscience an doffer presales for the additional shows. 

Well, I held on to 2 of my 4 presale codes for the second show in LA because I got screwed out of the Red Zone.  And now they're useless. 

I did the same and now regret it too as I found out I could've helped out a couple friends. I saw the TM posting early Monday morning for LA2, Sunday, 5/21, for a short time, so it's slated.I just hope we DO get another chance for a second show and pre-sale as it seems a lot of good fans got screwed.

Good luck to everyone in the general sale, I suggest trying using the TM app it seems to work best.

Russ

Done the same in the hope for Dublin 2 (holding on to a code we could have used elsewhere). Will have to see what happens tomorrow, I'm figuring the 2nd nights will be up very quickly if they are going straight to general sale.

Who knows (since there's no official announcement), but if the I & E tour was any guide, there will be presales for any added shows and folks should be able to use unused presale codes for them.

Several people have mentioned additional presales on the I&E Tour. 

Back on the Vertigo Tour (which was a ticket shitshow) when additional sales were added, people that had unused presale codes could use them on the added dates presales. That is what I am hoping for because I would prefer to go to the Giants Stadium show but June 28 doesn't work for me. 

DISCLAIMER:  PAst performance is no guarntee they will do that this time. 

Will LA have a second show??

and will it be pre sale i have  code for it, and anyone no of cheap accommodation?? i am from Australia  

This message is on the Ticketmaster.nl website about the Amsterdam show:

There will be an extra show on 30 July in the Amsterdam ArenA. The on sale for the new show will start on 23 January, with an U2 fanclub pre sale starting on 18 January.

Edited by Gogme United

This message is on the Ticketmaster.nl website about the Amsterdam show:

There will be an extra show on 30 July in the Amsterdam ArenA. The on sale for the new show will start on 23 January, with an U2 fanclub pre sale starting on 18 January.

This is def true!!! Saw the message as well

15966321_1213742585361606_32936638719329

Edited by jenmusic