Sign in to follow this  
blueandgoldfan

Dublin 2 | Any word on a second date, since Sat is now sold out | Presale codes Dublin 2? [MERGED]

Saw report in paper about U2 potentially adding second show that Sunday. Would we still get advance opportunity to buy tix before public with our presale codes?

There isn't any official information regarding any new dates for this tour or any new presales...

If/When there is something official, be sure it will be posted on the site and the board...

doubt you'd be able to use the pre-sale code

usually the extra dates are announced when the first day is sold out and then they are available to everyone

And I've suspected they'd do a second show from the first was announced..... can't remember when U2 only did one concert in Croke

usually the extra dates are announced when the first day is sold out and then they are available to everyone

And I've suspected they'd do a second show from the first was announced..... can't remember when U2 only did one concert in Croke

Not with the I & E (last) tour.  There, presales happened with added shows as well.  Now, in previous U2 tours, usually what you said is what happened--but not with I & E.  What happens now?  Who knows, but I & E, being most recent, is perhaps the best guide/guess.

Any idea when U2 will announce the second date ?

I've a friend who's looking to get tickets, they missed out this morning and made their mind up too late to take advantage of my spare 2 pre-sale (which I only used to get mine and my bro's tickets with)

Not with the I & E (last) tour.  There, presales happened with added shows as well.  Now, in previous U2 tours, usually what you said is what happened--but not with I & E.  What happens now?  Who knows, but I & E, being most recent, is perhaps the best guide/guess.

good to hear, though I didn't know there were any additional show to the I&E tour and we were all limited to 2 tickets , which I used for my Belfast show.

So I might be able to get 2 more (only used 2 for this Croke show) when they're up next :D

Loads of second dates been added on the tours page (London, Paris, Rome etc)

Nothing for Dublin yet, don't know why. Maybe the Garth Brooks haters are complaining

The second dates should really have been added this morning.

Now the scalpers will just get back in the new queues for the extra dates

Hi, can someone from U2 please explain why the media is telling us there will be no second date in Dublin?

The only 'reason' I have read is that is not logistically possible.

Given that the last date before Dublin is in Barcelona the previous Tuesday this is obviously rubbish so what (if there is no second date) is the real reason?

Nothing confirmed at this moment - you will need to keep checking the site and the board for any official information regarding new dates...

I would think that the GAA maybe part of the "logistical" reason!

I cannot remember the rules but is there something about only allowing 2 or 3 concerts in Croke Park each year? And remember the Garth Brooks saga so that might be something!

I really hope there is another on because I am in trouble at moment with no tix!!

3 gigs allowed. The rumour is that Ed Sheeran is the third night. Why can't he bugger off to Aviva...

I got tickets in the presale but I watched the whole office log onto TM at 9 this morning (it was a bizarre sight) and noone get tickets. I really disagree with the 8 tickets per purchase rule. It's too many for one person and clearly limits the number of people who actually got a shot at buying the tickets. if your extended family wants to go, they can get their own tickets. 

Fingers crossed for Croke Park 2!

Fingers crossed for another night... 

The pope is visiting Ireland this year too, so I imagine they might keep the 3rd Croke Park event for his visit too. 

I read an article saying that there will be no second date. It quotes a spokesman saying it would be logistically imposible. Also, de article on this website about he second dates, says they are the final ones for the European leg. Sounds strange, but it seems like there will only be one Croke Park show. maybe someone else had already booked it, and since there can only be 3 shows a year, they weren't able to book a 2nd date. Or maybe there will be one and all this info is incorrect..

The article on this website about new dates, says they ones already announced are the final ones for europe. So there might not be a second date.

Sure feck it, they could always play outside the M50

Sorry I know I have just upset half of Ireland and they will all be on to Joe Duffy if U2 even considered such a thing.

According to the RTE website, there will no second concert!!! what are they thinking of???

3 gigs allowed. The rumour is that Ed Sheeran is the third night. Why can't he bugger off to Aviva...

I got tickets in the presale but I watched the whole office log onto TM at 9 this morning (it was a bizarre sight) and noone get tickets. I really disagree with the 8 tickets per purchase rule. It's too many for one person and clearly limits the number of people who actually got a shot at buying the tickets. if your extended family wants to go, they can get their own tickets. 

Fingers crossed for Croke Park 2!

Totally agree, 8 is way too many. Anyone who wanted 3-4 obviously selected 8 and will sell them on to cover their cost.

It has always been 2 on pre-sale and 4 on the regular sale.

What makes it a bigger problem is a lot of people want to come from abroad and see them in Dublin

I got pre sale tickets, so happy enough even though I will have to sit down. 

given the 3 gig limit at croke, is there not a single other statium/place in ireland that u2 could have pitched up instead for more than 1 night?

Not one of that size...

given the 3 gig limit at croke, is there not a single other statium/place in ireland that u2 could have pitched up instead for more than 1 night?

There actually aren't any more stadia of sufficient size...

The RDS in Dubiln holds about 20,000 for concerts.

Thomond Park in Limerick holds 25,000.

Pairc ui Caoimh in Cork holds 32,000.

The Gaelic Grounds in Limerick can apparently hold 49,000 but I've never heard of a concert there...  it's probably got a lot of standing area in the stands...?

Similar story with Semple Stadium, Tipperary - 53,000.

The Aviva Stadium in Dubiln holds 52,000.

Croke Park holds 85,000.

So, 2 nights at any of the 3 largest alternate venues above would give you slightly more attendees, but ​I'm guessing it's not enough of an increase to make it financially worthwhile given the extra cost of an added date.

Of course, they could do one night in Croker and one night somewhere else...

Interestingly enough, in the presale last week I saw a "choice" on Ticketmaster that said "residents only" I wondered what this category of ticket was. It was listed at the bottom of the list of various ticket types- presale red hill, wires, gold, red zone, etc. now today when I checked after sellout, I didn't see that choice- maybe it's a marker- so if indeed they announce a second date, residents of Ireland will get first crack. I was hoping this to be true - not for me- but plenty of hometown fans have not been able to grab tickets- i.e. Tour as well I remember- it would be kinda cool to have a presale if you have an Irish address- random speculation here- and thanks to being a long standing member here I did get presale tix for the first show- we will wait and see

Interestingly enough, in the presale last week I saw a "choice" on Ticketmaster that said "residents only" I wondered what this category of ticket was. It was listed at the bottom of the list of various ticket types- presale red hill, wires, gold, red zone, etc. now today when I checked after sellout, I didn't see that choice- maybe it's a marker- so if indeed they announce a second date, residents of Ireland will get first crack. I was hoping this to be true - not for me- but plenty of hometown fans have not been able to grab tickets- i.e. Tour as well I remember- it would be kinda cool to have a presale if you have an Irish address- random speculation here- and thanks to being a long standing member here I did get presale tix for the first show- we will wait and see

I think that is part of the "deal" for local residents. They have access to a certain amount of tickets. In the past, friends and family of the crew had access to special ticket links for entry. Don't know if that still is cases, but was definitely in place for US 360 gigs