Sign in to follow this  
blueandgoldfan

Dublin 2 | Any word on a second date, since Sat is now sold out | Presale codes Dublin 2? [MERGED]

Wow.  It's shocking to think that, of all venues, they can't add a 2nd show to Croake park.  We'll see, but given that they've already added other 2nd dates (e.g., to London), it looks like it could be true, which bites.

Interestingly enough, in the presale last week I saw a "choice" on Ticketmaster that said "residents only" I wondered what this category of ticket was. It was listed at the bottom of the list of various ticket types- presale red hill, wires, gold, red zone, etc. now today when I checked after sellout, I didn't see that choice- maybe it's a marker- so if indeed they announce a second date, residents of Ireland will get first crack. I was hoping this to be true - not for me- but plenty of hometown fans have not been able to grab tickets- i.e. Tour as well I remember- it would be kinda cool to have a presale if you have an Irish address- random speculation here- and thanks to being a long standing member here I did get presale tix for the first show- we will wait and see

I think that is part of the "deal" for local residents. They have access to a certain amount of tickets. In the past, friends and family of the crew had access to special ticket links for entry. Don't know if that still is cases, but was definitely in place for US 360 gigs
Yeah Could be true- just strange that it never came up anywhere in these forums or on twitter- especially if it could have given some people a better shot

on the news page...

'Due to overwhelming demand for tickets following this morning's public onsale, four additional shows have been added to finalise the European leg of The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 this summer.

These second shows will be at Twickenham, London on July 9th, the Olympic Stadium in Rome on July 16th, the Stade de France in Paris on July 26th and the Amsterdam Arena on July 30th.'

Edited by Stuart P

on the news page...

'Due to overwhelming demand for tickets following this morning's public onsale, four additional shows have been added to finalise the European leg of The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 this summer.

These second shows will be at Twickenham, London on July 9th, the Olympic Stadium in Rome on July 16th, the Stade de France in Paris on July 26th and the Amsterdam Arena on July 30th.'

I know it's say finalise, but I would take that as for each of these Cities....... generally U2 play TWO in Ireland and I suspect they will still play a second at Croke, there's still space, as far as Croke are concerned, 3 concerts per year, and with 1 for Coldplay and 1 for U2, there's still ONE free..... 

I suspect this will be announced later today/tomorrow....

Hopefully , are there's going to be a lot more annoyed Irish fans, and ticket touts making a bigger killings :(  (I've got my ticket, so I'm good)

E-mail just received from U2.com seems pretty clear -

"Four more shows have been added to complete the dates on the European leg of The Joshua Tree Tour 2017.

"The band will play second nights at Twickenham, London on July 9th, the Olympic Stadium in Rome on July 16th, the Stade de France in Paris on July 26th and the Amsterdam Arena on July 30th."

Certainly not looking like there's going to be a second show at Croke :(

Glad I got my tix to 22nd. 

Still going to hold out hope they do something on that Sunday. Seems strange they kept a gap from the 19 - 24 if they weren't planning 2 shows in Dublin.

I like so many others am surprised they didn't announce a 2nd night in croke park as I was sure they would do (seeing as the stadium free and the croke park hotel was fully booked all weekend before the announcement was made)

Croke park already 3 concerts a year and only 2 announced atm but with the way the gaa season is there isn't alot of free space for gigs now u2 and Coldplay have the free weekends in july. All of this still makes me feel there's a chance of them doing a 2nd night

Sure feck it, they could always play outside the M50

Sorry I know I have just upset half of Ireland and they will all be on to Joe Duffy if U2 even considered such a thing.

Outside the M50? I'm saying a decade for you right now! It took them 18 years to find Belfast on the map again so I'm not holding my breath.

Nothing confirmed at this moment - you will need to keep checking the site and the board for any official information regarding new dates...

Apologies I didn't make myself clear.The Irish Times quoted a band spokes person as saying there was no second gig due to logistics.

Is this true or not?

Croke I believe is our biggest venue in Ireland

They wouldn't have enough time to move the stage setup to another venue
Mind it would be great if they did a Norn Iron show..... but doubt that...

I don't see anywhere show Ed Sheeran for Croke this year, other than the irish mirror and cant see any reason for the GAA not to have either a Fri or Sun concert, as doubt they'd have a match on the Sunday after the concert, but only time will tell.

Lets hope for the Fans, they do a second night, even if it's the end of the tour

Interestingly enough, in the presale last week I saw a "choice" on Ticketmaster that said "residents only" I wondered what this category of ticket was. It was listed at the bottom of the list of various ticket types- presale red hill, wires, gold, red zone, etc. now today when I checked after sellout, I didn't see that choice- maybe it's a marker- so if indeed they announce a second date, residents of Ireland will get first crack. I was hoping this to be true - not for me- but plenty of hometown fans have not been able to grab tickets- i.e. Tour as well I remember- it would be kinda cool to have a presale if you have an Irish address- random speculation here- and thanks to being a long standing member here I did get presale tix for the first show- we will wait and see

Apparently residents local to Croke Park were given access to a pre-sale on Friday.  They were allocated separate codes.  Operates to keep them sweet, they get them for all Croke Park concerts.  I know because a work colleague was able to get Coldplay tickets because she knew a friendly resident

Edited by carlie550

This person has six tickets for sale on Gum Tree, pretty easy to cancel these tickets surely

Edited by mich40
Link removed and reported.

^^seeing as on that gumtree post they have been dumb enough to post the picture, the seat numbers and the bar-code those would be easily traced and cancelled!

Residents only refers to residents of the area around Croke Park. Same applies at Twickenham where residents can apply for tickets in a lottery style draw after the sale has closed.

There can be only 3 shows pyear and rumors are for Ed Sheeran for the 3rd one

Aviva will host at least 2 shows (robbie Williams and Phil Collins). No idea if there's a limit for Aviva as well. Houses are not that close to the venue like for Croke Park.

Moving the stage from one place to the other it would be quite expensive, wondering why they didn't choose Aviva... But yeah its a sort of homecoming so must be Northside and Croke (the only venue I think which was as well in the JT Tour in 1987)

I can well see why there might be logistical issues, setting aside any of the old residents arguments etc. Obviously two rigs on the go in Europe, and Ireland suffers from being an island. So the tour shedule and the 'getting stuff to to the next show' might not be doable within specific windows. I personally thought they might fit in a Sunday show, if nothing else but to replicate what they did in 87. It might just not be possible.

I wouldn't give up hope yet though. If anyone will try to influence an extra show  - despite all the negative social media crap - U2 will.

Just read though on @u2 that according to 'Hot Press' + 'Irish Times' the band have "issued a definitive 'no' " via their Irish PR company to a second gig in Dublin. 

I can well see why there might be logistical issues, setting aside any of the old residents arguments etc. Obviously two rigs on the go in Europe, and Ireland suffers from being an island. So the tour shedule and the 'getting stuff to to the next show' might not be doable within specific windows. I personally thought they might fit in a Sunday show, if nothing else but to replicate what they did in 87. It might just not be possible.

I wouldn't give up hope yet though. If anyone will try to influence an extra show  - despite all the negative social media crap - U2 will.

The thing is they have 3 clear days between Barcelona and Dublin.The fact is they must have known there would be no second gig prior to the tour announcement.

3 gigs allowed. The rumour is that Ed Sheeran is the third night. Why can't he bugger off to Aviva...

I got tickets in the presale but I watched the whole office log onto TM at 9 this morning (it was a bizarre sight) and noone get tickets. I really disagree with the 8 tickets per purchase rule. It's too many for one person and clearly limits the number of people who actually got a shot at buying the tickets. if your extended family wants to go, they can get their own tickets. 

Fingers crossed for Croke Park 2!

Yes I agree that 8 is way too many though I thought it was 6...anyway. 4 -6 is much fairer and people wanting more would have to get more family members subscribed, or on the case come public sales. I subscribed my hubby as well so he will get presale in future. Don't know why I've never done that before in all these years! Before long I am sure there will be no tickets left at all come public sales as if you can just fork out $50 and get a presale code only a few days before they go on sale!

The thing is they have 3 clear days between Barcelona and Dublin.The fact is they must have known there would be no second gig prior to the tour announcement.

So? You cant critique the band for what you assume they know or dont know. If they cant do a  second show in Dublin, they cant. Better they do one, than none at all. J'es. I was gutted at missing out on Slane because I didn't install a home computer soon enough back in the day. But I got over it!

The logistics of moving a tour around are largely out of the musicians hands when it comes to adding shows.

I'm still surprised there's a tour this year.

They played Páirc Uí Chaoimh in Cork in 87 and 93 so it's not out of the question playing there, also it's due to reopen in June.

Friend of friend who works as rigger on tours had been told only 1 for Croke. His company sent out surveyors / architects to design extra stage oarts to fit all venues. Apparently there is only 1 stage set on tour and erect, dismantle and transport issues also prevent the inclusion of a 2nd date

So? You cant critique the band for what you assume they know or dont know. If they cant do a  second show in Dublin, they cant. Better they do one, than none at all. J'es. I was gutted at missing out on Slane because I didn't install a home computer soon enough back in the day. But I got over it!

The logistics of moving a tour around are largely out of the musicians hands when it comes to adding shows.

I'm still surprised there's a tour this year.

I didn't criticise anyone. I merely pointed out that the band would have been well aware that they would not get a second date at Croke Park before the tickets went onsale. That being the case why would a 'band spokesperson' be quoted as saying the lack of a second gig is down to logistics? Look at the dates.There are a couple of times where there is only one day between shows in different cities.No sure how the Slane comment is relevant I got my tickets through the fan club by post so no need for a computer. And I have nothing to get over-I have a ticket for the Dublin date.