Sign in to follow this  
fever

Tour Kick-off Party?

I know this is super early, but I was wondering if anyone is thinking about hosting a start of tour kick-off party? (@u2.com - I'm looking at you!) The night before the i/e tour in Vancouver in 2015, @u2.com hosted a tour kick-off party at a local pub in Vancouver. My wife and I went and had a FANTASTIC time! My favorite part was talking to all the fans from all over the world who gathered there for the start of the tour. Plus they had some great prizes.

That would be fun!

I know I will be going out to celebrate Bono's birthday lol :)

What bar did they hold it at last time around?  It's a good idea.  The GA line is a great place to meet fans, but you only meet the people on either side of you mostly I've found.  For those too old for the GA experience, this sounds like a good option.

What bar did they hold it at last time around?  It's a good idea.  The GA line is a great place to meet fans, but you only meet the people on either side of you mostly I've found.  For those too old for the GA experience, this sounds like a good option.

Last time, @u2.com hosted the pre-tour meet up at Doolin's Irish Pub on Nelson Street. The meet-up was the night BEFORE the first show, so you could still go to the meet up, and then get in the GA line early the next day, and meet even more fans from all over the world.

I'm coming from out of town, and would have no idea what the good pubs would be to do this at.

Last time, @u2.com hosted the pre-tour meet up at Doolin's Irish Pub on Nelson Street. The meet-up was the night BEFORE the first show, so you could still go to the meet up, and then get in the GA line early the next day, and meet even more fans from all over the world.

I'm coming from out of town, and would have no idea what the good pubs would be to do this at.

The Irish Heather is 5 minutes away from B.C. Place.

https://goo.gl/maps/7ZrMawCcpDM2

And the Boys are known to frequent whenever they're in town.

So I have been told that there is No UBER or LYFT in your wonderful city of Vancouver... Booooooo... lol that said, are taxi's easy to find at all hours of the night ?