Sign in to follow this  
flying angel

Ticketmaster resellers rip off

I know this isn't a new gripe by any stretch but I just tried to get more U2 tickets but failed despite clicking through (having been in the queue before 9.00) within 10 minutes of the sale opening. No tickets available at any price, including RED Zone.

Then noticed Ticketmaster's own resale site already has 500 (yes, 500) tickets available for resale at between 3x and 6x the standard ticket price, including several people apparently already knowing they and their 5 friends can't go (maximum sale was 6 tickets) within seconds of buying the tickets. These sellers are CLEARLY touts so why can't somebody clamp down on them and allow real fans to buy the tickets at the standard price. Since most, if not all, of these tickets must have been bought last week that means that the resellers have managed somehow to get 6 tickets through the presale process, hmmm.

Ticketmaster has already made £8.25 per ticket in fees for these tickets and then makes a further commission on their resale. This is an absolutely corrupt business, as if we didn't already know!

Would appreciate a band comment on this seamy side of the business.

It's an absolute way of legal touting by TM, they redirect you to getmein etc, all owned by the same company.....I know it's supply and demand etc but you always get the feeling of being ripped off ! I think the band should manage there own ticket sales through a site they control......

Some seats are just under a grand on getmein!

On popmart I couldn't get shot of GA at Wembley for face value. I doubt their popularity has gone up - just the ticket companies have got wise to more snide methods.

Promoters let tickets go straight to those secondary sites at inflated prices, leaving not very many tickets for the public sale at Ticketmaster at face value.

It's disgusting, but has been happening for years. Also touts buying up tickets with bots. I don't think they should have had a limit of six tickets. It should have been 4, or even 2.

But when I don't get tickets for something on the public sale at 9am I always bide my time and keep checking several times every single day up until the concert. There are always tickets add back onto ticketmaster at some stage, specially in the last week before the show. I have never bought a ticket from getmein or any of those sites and in the end I've always got a ticket from TM at some stage. Don't give up hope.

I'm sure the Sunday will be added shortly too.

Some seats are just under a grand on getmein!

On popmart I couldn't get shot of GA at Wembley for face value. I doubt their popularity has gone up - just the ticket companies have got wise to more snide methods.

God I wish I wasn't 10 in 1998