Sign in to follow this  
david_hayes

Public Sale Sold Out! No tickets?

So... been online since 8.30. Got in the Ticketmaster queue at 9 on the dot. Had my laptop running AND the Ticketmaster app on the phone to search tickets. 

Pitch standing tickets requested on the laptop, any section tickets on the app. Searching.... searching.... and NO, I am not a bot! 

Minutes pass and... Nothing! On either search!

Sold out. Was I surprised? Definitely not. Happens every time I try and buy these tickets. Where'd all the tickets go? Who was able to buy them?

Call my mate who's online for tickets too. Any luck? 

Nope. Just who gets these tickets? Seems this happens an awful lot with big concerts like this. Theres something very suspect about it all.

Anyone here get any?

And yet straight away there's tickets on resellers sites for three or four times the price. I'm gutted, nothing in the presale, nothing today. Was hoping to take my 8 year old son to his first U2 gig, but instead it appears I'm missing out on my first U2 tour in 20 years.

I know it's all about money, but there has to be a better way for true fans to get tickets. 

Sorry, got mine in the presale. Sit tight though, there are conflicting reports about a second gig. The Irish Times are saying no 2nd gig, the Independent is saying that a second gig will be announced later on. 

Unfortunately, bands sold their soul to Ticketmaster many many years ago. How many of them were prepared to stand with Pearl Jam in the 90's and try to take them on?

Its only got worse now, and if you are into bands that are generally a "hot" ticket, then the only way to try and get yourself a decent ticket these days is to be in the fan club and remain in it so that you are closer to the front of the queue. Or, sometimes you just have to decide to head to the more unfashionable gigs as well. 

Oh.. any way to go Ticketmaster for encouraging touts with their own "marketplace" site Seatwave!

"Explore one of the options below!" they say.  Pitch standing ticket from €205.   

Yea. Bargain  <_<  <_<  :ph34r:

And yet straight away there's tickets on resellers sites for three or four times the price. I'm gutted, nothing in the presale, nothing today. Was hoping to take my 8 year old son to his first U2 gig, but instead it appears I'm missing out on my first U2 tour in 20 years.

I know it's all about money, but there has to be a better way for true fans to get tickets. 

Keep a close eye on various forums and social media groups. Be active on them in looking for and sourcing tickets and you just might get some for face value as there are a lot of genuine fans out there that will help others.

If I could help in this instance I would, but no spares.

Mind you i've still nowhere to lay my head to sleep for two nights in Dublin!!

There is a rank bad smell about this. How can 50,000 + tickets be sold/shifted in 10 minutes with nobody seemingly able to get through (assuming 20,000 U2 members got them in presale and balance are for corporates).

It is 100% certain that TM will be doing deals with Touts (call them what you want) in order that they sell them on Getmein.

STENCH !

So glad I bit the bullet and re-joined u2.com and secured mine last week. Even that was a battle!

Promoters let tickets go straight to those secondary sites at inflated prices, leaving not very many tickets for the public sale at Ticketmaster at face value.

It's disgusting, but has been happening for years. Also touts buying up tickets with bots. I don't think they should have had a limit of six tickets. It should have been 4, or even 2.

But when I don't get tickets for something on the public sale at 9am I always bide my time and keep checking several times every single day up until the concert. There are always tickets add back onto ticketmaster at some stage, specially in the last week before the show. I have never bought a ticket from getmein or any of those sites and in the end I've always got a ticket from TM at some stage. Don't give up hope.

I'm sure the Sunday will be added shortly too.

Definitely. Its just robbery. Pure and simple robbery. Shouldn't seatwave, as a ticketmaster subsidiary, be selling "unneeded" tickets at face value? Its just a ticket tout by another name.

Incidentally, I was in my local post office on Saturday which is also a Ticketmaster agent and was asking the staff there if they expected a big queue on Monday morning for the U2 ticket sale and would it be wise to join the queue. They said its likely there would be a queue but more often than not few if anyone would get tickets.

Why's that I ask? Well.. they tell me the last few big name concerts that went on sale not one ticket came through their terminal! I said i'd rather sit at home and try my luck online. 

So... where are all the tickets going? Just how are they allocated? Hmmm...

So... been online since 8.30. Got in the Ticketmaster queue at 9 on the dot. Had my laptop running AND the Ticketmaster app on the phone to search tickets. 

Pitch standing tickets requested on the laptop, any section tickets on the app. Searching.... searching.... and NO, I am not a bot! 

Minutes pass and... Nothing! On either search!

Sold out. Was I surprised? Definitely not. Happens every time I try and buy these tickets. Where'd all the tickets go? Who was able to buy them?

Call my mate who's online for tickets too. Any luck? 

Nope. Just who gets these tickets? Seems this happens an awful lot with big concerts like this. Theres something very suspect about it all.

Anyone here get any?

Ditto. I had two friends doing the same. We have tickets from the pre-sale but looking for two for two friends. 

2nd nights have been announced for London, Paris and Amsterdam. Fingers crossed guys!

Definitely. Its just robbery. Pure and simple robbery. Shouldn't seatwave, as a ticketmaster subsidiary, be selling "unneeded" tickets at face value? Its just a ticket tout by another name.

Incidentally, I was in my local post office on Saturday which is also a Ticketmaster agent and was asking the staff there if they expected a big queue on Monday morning for the U2 ticket sale and would it be wise to join the queue. They said its likely there would be a queue but more often than not few if anyone would get tickets.

Why's that I ask? Well.. they tell me the last few big name concerts that went on sale not one ticket came through their terminal! I said i'd rather sit at home and try my luck online. 

So... where are all the tickets going? Just how are they allocated? Hmmm...

BBC Watchdog dealt with this in 2014..they showed exactly whats happening with Livenation ,Ticketmaster ,Viagogo ,Seatwave and Stubhub

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3Sn9kz60SZPXy0g0qCy2zk8/second-hand-ticketing

Ony way this will stop is if the bands stand against it ,otherwise it'll get worse and worse

I had Pitch 2 tickets during presale. Then TM.ie had problems with my US card so I corrected that. Then my bank had problems with the purchase so I corrected that. And then TM said I exceeded the number of tries and released my pitch tickets back into the void. Then my internet went out and by the time I got it back up pitch 2 were gone. Absolutely gutted and frustrated to say the least, while I am seeing tickets for sale by people looking to make a pretty penny.

I know exactly how you feel abluerwhite! I had very similar problems during the presale.

I had 4 pitch tickets ready to purchase then Ticketmaster says there was a problem with my card. Tried a different card and still wouldn't work! They released all the tickets and I ended up with nothing! Absolute rubbish. My card was in their system and still valid. I phoned my bank, all okay there, and then emailed TM. They admitted there was a "problem" with their system. I'd previously bought tickets for Glen Hansard and Lisa Hannigan on the card through TM.ie with no problems! 

There's something very fishy going on with this sale, and it all looks very suspicious. Look at the amount of tickets available now on seatwave and the other tout sites at huge markups. How they get them... well I'd hazard a guess...  <_<

I've given up on this group, their promoters and their greed. I'll be sticking to the talented, less mainstream artists in better, smaller venues from now on. Much easier to obtain tickets, and they'll not be charging a complete fortune for them!