Sign in to follow this  
gary111

waste of time and money

I have been a U2 fan for many years and have seen them in concert many times. I recently joined the fan club. My options for seats were total garbage on the presale. What was the point of wasting $50. Admin can only guarantee that there are no refunds. Sounds like a good deal for them, not so much for me. Lesson learned. U2 must be so proud. Furthermore, I attended 146 concerts in 2016, many of which I am a member of their fans clubs. Funny how all the others allowed me to get good seats on their presales.

Edited by gary111

I got in, 4 GA tickets in the opening minute of the on-sale. I too have been a "fan" for ages.  I also re-up my membership each year and was able to get pre-sale access the day before others.  Fan clubs that honor loyalty/tenure is why I hang on.  Pearl Jam is one (i've been inside 6 rows for a few years) as well as Dave Matthews.  As much as I don't care for DMB the tenure offers me up great seats so I let my brother use my info so he can take his wife.

I didn't have a problem in the presale, but wasn't looking for good tickets so maybe that's the difference.  I wanted $100 tickets, and got some.  My first pair during the initial frenzy, than my second, better pair once I could choose them on a map.

i just go for whatever tickets i can get during the resale i don't care where i sit as long as i am there, was very lucky tho to finally get GA for the rose bowl during the pre sale so I'm hyped! 

I will not renew. What a waste. Besides what kind of fan club is it when I found 1400 tickets on Stub Hub for the Toronto show alone when only "fans"??? can get tickets? bullshit

i just go for whatever tickets i can get during the resale i don't care where i sit as long as i am there, was very lucky tho to finally get GA for the rose bowl during the pre sale so I'm hyped! 

Total and complete agreement.

As long as I'm in the building, I don't care where the seats are.

There were serious problems going on over at Ticketmaster the days of the presales.  Complaints were everywhere.  I manged to get 4 GA for Philly but not until  like 2 hours after the sale time.  I got 2 GA tickets easily for DC today.  It's frustrating and I never know what to expect.  I've gone the fan club route a couple of times now and it's always paid off. 

Total and complete agreement.

As long as I'm in the building, I don't care where the seats are.

You guys are both crazy.  There is a HUGE difference in the experience depending on how close you are.

I was able to get both an Vancouver GA and Seattle GA in the public sale today. The tickets are not sold out guys. They come out in batches.

The pre-sale codes became worthless to me after the 360 tour. You have just as good a chance in the regular sale as the pre-sale these days.

Buying in to get pre-sale codes for a chance to get tickets with them is just a form of gambling. I stopped subscribing after seeing the 2 Vancouver  iNNOCCENCE + eXPERIENCE not deliver as advertised. After 360 was such a great high, the follow-up was less than. It's like they were afraid of playing the new songs they were so proud of.

I don't jump every time U2 does things on a whim anymore.

Propaganda was the better way. Too bad it's gone.

Edited by Sigma957