Sign in to follow this  
gary111

FANS?

If this is a fan club then why is there 1400 tickets on stub hub for the Toronto show alone when only "fans" can get tickets at this point....I call bullshit

easy to answer. Bono pissed off half the band's fan base by virtually endorsing a losing candidate and while trying to embarrass the president-elect. so, people bought tickets with the intent of flipping them since they felt the need to recoup the 50 bucks from live nation before ditching this site. i decided to take the high road and not use my pre-sale and not attend this heritage tour. maybe that hurts me as i love the music, but i feel good about my decision. 

Appreciate your conviction. Stay true.

I'm going because I don't play politics anymore. I'll just plug my ears if Bono decides to pontificate.

There are plenty of businesses that have relationships with promoters and the venue that are allocated tickets. Also, many of those tickets are not in hand and the seller is expecting to get tickets at a later date. And lastly, if you are a professional reseller, you'd be more than happy to pay for 10 different memeberships since you only need to make $10/ticket to recoup those costs.

So those are the ways people list tickets on resale sites before they are available to the general public.

To add to this thread, you also have to consider the season ticket holders for the Blue Jays. They all get first right of refusal for their seats...so many of those tickets may be sold off for a quick buck to recoup the cost of season's tickets. I'm sure many ticket holder's supplement their annual fees by scalping tickets to events at the Rogers Centre.

To add to this thread, you also have to consider the season ticket holders for the Blue Jays. They all get first right of refusal for their seats...so many of those tickets may be sold off for a quick buck to recoup the cost of season's tickets. I'm sure many ticket holder's supplement their annual fees by scalping tickets to events at the Rogers Centre.

Not true. SSH got a link to a presale which had a nice inventory of seats - far better, frankly, that the WIRE presale. With the notable exception of no GA being available on the Jays presale. But to say that SSHs got first-rights to their seats is inaccurate.

I do feel that same as you about many of these tickets being turned for a quick buck.