Sign in to follow this  
bchamberlin

Credit card entry is going to be a disaster!

I applaud the attempt and limiting scalpers, especially for the highly sought after GA tickets but I think this is going to be a disaster.  While it may eliminate some problems, I envision tons of people butting in line with the people they bought tickets for. I don't mind a single ticket holder holding the line for their partner, but when 3 and 4 people show up an hour before the show, that pisses me off.  What are they going to do about a numbering system then? Maybe it doesn't matter.  I've been number 65 before and the guy that was number 200 got a spot along the stage right next to me.

Well considering this is the U2 forum and not the "shivering in the cold refugee" forum, let's just say I don't give a piss?

They would've done that even if it wasn't Credit Card entry. I swear some of you U2 fans aren't the brightest. All I see on this forum is bitching and idiotic posts.

They would've done that even if it wasn't Credit Card entry. I swear some of you U2 fans aren't the brightest. All I see on this forum is bitching and idiotic posts.

:wub:

:wub:

I feel bad for you mods sometimes. I hope all of this bitching is just from people who bought a subscription just to get presale and will soon leave.

its understandable.. good to have a place to vent... sound off... 

not just that... things get noticed hopefully... trends, individual concerns... more.. 

We did Credit Card entry only for GA on the I + E tour. Worked out okay. Yeah, people's friends/partners are going to show up later. They would have anyway. Doesn't really change anything.

I'm a stresser but it's always worked out.  Like I said before,  no matter where I've gotten in line, I've always been able to get up against the railing.  That's all that matters to me.  I can't stand for all that time without being able to lean on something.  LOL.  Should be a good time.  I'm especially excited this time because my 16 year old son is going with me.  He's just recently started playing and getting into all the good bands.  

I applaud the attempt and limiting scalpers, especially for the highly sought after GA tickets but I think this is going to be a disaster.  While it may eliminate some problems, I envision tons of people butting in line with the people they bought tickets for. I don't mind a single ticket holder holding the line for their partner, but when 3 and 4 people show up an hour before the show, that pisses me off.  What are they going to do about a numbering system then? Maybe it doesn't matter.  I've been number 65 before and the guy that was number 200 got a spot along the stage right next to me.

They have use this CC method before in several venues in IE Tour and nothing bad happened, nobody cutting in line. It was easy and painfree. Relax and enjoy the concert! 

Edited by Carlosalonso

Friends got screwed by failing credit card scanners the first 2 nights of the last tour. They ended up having to go to will-call to get printed physical tickets losing their spots they stayed in all day. It wasn't localized to just Vancouver either.

So I call BS to Carlosalonso's statement.

"All of this has happened before and will happen again"

Edited by Sigma957

I just miss a stub and the fact that the US didn't get the same Collector's Ticket option as Europe is baffling.

Friends got screwed by failing credit card scanners the first 2 nights of the last tour. They ended up having to go to will-call to get printed physical tickets losing their spots they stayed in all day. It wasn't localized to just Vancouver either.

So I call BS to Carlosalonso's statement.

"All of this has happened before and will happen again"

You can call it whatever you want. OP was complaining about people cutting in the line. I'm sorry that your friends had a bad time because a faulty cc scanner but that sounds like an isolated incident. 

Relax, you shouldn't be so rude to other members who wasn't even talking to you in the first place. 

its understandable.. good to have a place to vent... sound off... 

but... not at any other persons expense here...

Friends got screwed by failing credit card scanners the first 2 nights of the last tour. 

It wasn't credit card scanners, but QR codes on mobiles. Since they were scanning codes at the I+E shows I was at outside the venue and it was sunny outside, the scanner couldn't read the code. So me and a lot of others could get in without being marked as "in". So I had my sister and a friend re-use my mobile QR code and get in for free. First U2 show and for free. Woo hoO!