Sign in to follow this  
travelergirl30

Any more cities, you think?

I was so hoping they'd announce Minneapolis, Phoenix, Chicago, and/or Atlanta but today only secondary shows in existing cities were announced... what do you think about the likelihood of them announcing any more shows in new cities?? I'm guessing not super high, but keeping my fingers crossed...

Pretty much zero, unfortunately.  The only possible exception might be another show in Ireland, given that they could only schedule one at Croke Park.

When i was able to get GA's this morning easier than the presale for boston I thought no way, but...But now there showing the show sold out...this would be a first, not adding another in Beantown.  met life was guarentee multi nighter 

Actually, on second thought, it is conceivable they might add another US city.  I notice an odd 8-day gap before the 1st Chicago show; something completely new could conceivably go in there (although I doubt it).

IMHO, the selection of cities in North America for this leg make it a good bet that they may have a third leg in the Fall (i.e., a second NA leg) after the European one.

Right now, they have the West Coast, Texas, Chicago, both stops in PA, two in FL, and the "usual suspects" in the Northeast. That's a whole lot of the country without any close shows (e.g., no shows at all in the area north of Tampa, south of DC, and east of Texas - that's a VERY large area with plenty of large cities without any shows - out west, how could they not play Phoenix and/or Las Vegas and/or Denver?).

I'm not claiming to be psychic, but I just can't think that they wouldn't eventually play in these places - if not this autumn, then sometime later. I'm starting to think that this tour may go well beyond 2017...

True - there could be a second leg. Plus, I have faith more cities will be covered with SOE. And interesting point-out if the 8 days before Chicago... hm... I am still thinking that there might be a Phx/Vegas/Denver add, and possibly Atlanta. Maybe. Hm.

True - there could be a second leg. Plus, I have faith more cities will be covered with SOE. And interesting point-out if the 8 days before Chicago... hm... I am still thinking that there might be a Phx/Vegas/Denver add, and possibly Atlanta. Maybe. Hm.

Hmmm, indeed. Yes, that span between Dallas and Chicago is quite gaping. If they did add shows later for that week, that would possibly bring Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis, and Minneapolis into play as well. (Who knows - maybe it's a secret gigs/fan shows week?)

It would be nice to know. :)

Edited by dmway

They would have to do the desert shows before Texas so it's not going to happen. They're moving east, they're not going to go east then go back west after the east this leg.

Actually, on second thought, it is conceivable they might add another US city.  I notice an odd 8-day gap before the 1st Chicago show; something completely new could conceivably go in there (although I doubt it).

Yeah ,saw that also..As far as cities like Phoenix, where sales only two years ago weren't off the charts, they're stategicaly omitting them this go around to build up some demand inmo..2yrs is the smallest gap for u2 to be back out on the road since the Joshua tree itself in 87 following the UF.  I wouldn't hold my breath for any new material this go round, especially if this expands like some think...I just don't see it...Songs of E (in whatever form or name it has ) in late 2019, Tour in spring of 2020 if I was betting on it.....I'd be floored if they actually ever do anything they've been throwing around now for five years with a companion tour thingy...Seems, for some reason, they backtracked again...I reaaally hope they do a great job with this rememberance tour.   

Quite surprised that a second Toronto date wasn't added on the Thursday.

The positive spin is that with only 2 shows in the 8 days preceding the Toronto show I expect Bono's vocals to be in top form!

A post over on the atu2 boards is claiming a Glendale show is in the works for the week between Dallas and Chicago. I was lucky enough to get Red Zone for Rose Bowl Night 1, but I definitely wouldn't complain about a hometown show being added. Not going to hold my breath waiting for the rumor to turn out to be true, though.

Edited by ultraviolet86

I was disappointed they weren't coming to Minneapolis too.  They didnt come here for SOI and now they arent coming here for JT.  I dont even like stadium shows, but if they came to MN I'd want to go.  Seeing them in another city is impossible.  I dont have the money to travel and getting the time off from work to travel, well, that's not going to happen. 

I heard on the radio that U2 are playing Bloomfield Road Blackpool on The Joshua Tree Tour and warming up at the Empress Ballroom Blackpool for Songs of Experience 2018

...then I woke up doh

I heard on the radio that U2 are playing Bloomfield Road Blackpool on The Joshua Tree Tour and warming up at the Empress Ballroom Blackpool for Songs of Experience 2018

...then I woke up doh

Then you woke up watching them in 'The Winter Gardens' supporting Cannon & Ball! lol :)

Today's e-mail with the one new date said "The Joshua Tree 2017 Tour is to feature one final North American show," so looks like that is it over here...

'one final North American show' suggests maybe they are not finished with Ireland/Europe.

Cork in  August is still possible!

'one final North American show' suggests maybe they are not finished with Ireland/Europe.

Cork in  August is still possible!

Seems unlikely, unfortunately.  When they added the extra Europe shows (London2, etc.), they called these the "final" (European) dates.

This 2nd North America Leg has rekindled a little hope in me that they will add a Las Vegas date (or at least Phoenix or Denver). How can they not play a show in the Mojave Desert when they are playing an entire album named "The Joshua Tree" that was inspired by the Mojave Desert?? :-)  And if Noel Gallagher opened on that leg? I would be in heaven!!  I would settle for the Killers too, but I think they are beyond opening act status. 

Edited by seanclv