Sign in to follow this  
gary111

Tickets for fans....or scalpers?

There must be some sort of payout from the resale sites to the bands or why would there be so many tickets there? Bands could easily stop this shit with a no resale stipulation. Obviously there's some sort of benefit to U2....either that or they don't give a shit about their fans. There were 1400 tickets for the Toronto show on stub hub alone before the general public sale so that means it all the so-called fan club

Edited by gary111

That seems like a reasonable deduction ....that fan club members are selling their tickets on stub hub for profit.

I doubt the band benefits from that. Maybe. I don't know.

They may simply not realize how unethical their fans may be being.

Or they can't stop it without stopping the pre-sale for everyone.

Every U2 ticket I have ever bought has come from StubHub or, in one case, a scalper in Boston.  

But I still paid face-value for that ticket.

Edited by voicefromdc

This could be easily resolved with a no resale stipulation. Ticketmaster won't like that because they don't get to resell some of those tickets. It's quite obvious the band doesn't give a shit

No resale on those sites, life happens and resale among fans should be allowed

For me it was wrong to let people have presale code after announcement: good chance for scalpers

http://investors.livenationentertainment.com/news-center/news-center-details/2017/U2-The-Joshua-Tree-Tour-2017---11-Million-Tickets-Sold-Within-24-Hours/default.aspx

I know this has been reported elsewhere, and it seems clear that a lot of the tickets haven't actually yet been sold to people with any intention of going to the shows. Now I don't know how complicit Ticketmaster have been in the ease with which tickets have reappeared on their re-selling sites, and I know they have denied placing them there directly. But there is no doubt that they were advertising tickets on their re-selling site almost as soon as the presale started and are actively promoting these secondary sales, they are creaming off a substantial fee each time they sell the same ticket and profiting from the situation that they are helping to sustain, and that at the end of the day it is the bands fans who are paying the price for this.

And I also note that their website and the press release includes contact details for the Live Nation media relations team. So I can't help wondering how they would respond to any media enquiries about this issue...

This is what I really don't understand.

The tickets I bought for Chicago 1 were credit card entry only (that was the only delivery option).  Ticketmaster will not let me transfer them and it will not let me list them on the Ticketmaster resale site.

However, I see "Verified Resale Tickets" available in sections adjacent to mine.  These tickets were originally the same price as mine and are pretty close to the same seats.  Why allow some people to list but not allow others?  Why aren't all tickets for the same venue (even in the same sections) credit card entry only?

In a lot of cases, people with season passes to the sporting events in arenas/stadiums have their own presales for any other entertainment event that also comes through, and are sent hard tickets. The fact that most StubHub listings are UPS delivery seem to indicate this is likely the case. Of course, a lot of season passes at these venues are purchased by... you guessed it, scalpers! But it isn't really anything U2 can combat, since it is built into the contracts with the venues.

In a lot of cases, people with season passes to the sporting events in arenas/stadiums have their own presales for any other entertainment event that also comes through, and are sent hard tickets. The fact that most StubHub listings are UPS delivery seem to indicate this is likely the case. Of course, a lot of season passes at these venues are purchased by... you guessed it, scalpers! But it isn't really anything U2 can combat, since it is built into the contracts with the venues.

Interesting, must confess I hadn't really thought of that, possibly because it's less common in the UK - season tickets tend to be just for the sport in question. However debenture issues are sometimes used when funding the redevelopment or replacement of stadia. And a quick peek on the England Rugby website does confirm that they do sometimes get ticket allocations for concerts that they sell on to debenture holders.

Seems if you buy in the presale they are CC entry only even though the same tickets are not CC entry in the onsale. I figured this out this morning when I pulled the same tickets in the presale I did in the full onsale for show #1 and NJ. And I don't think the band makes money but keep in mind Live Nation basically owns U2 so Live Nation and Ticketbastid make money off every ticket sold and then again when it's resold (on their sites)

Bottom line here is that it doesn't appear that U2 protects their fans (you know....those people that got them where they are?) or they're in on the ticket scam. Nobody is guilty...just ask them