wawa049

Who can I contact about CC entry tickets - unable to resell, transfer, change delivery, etc.

Hi -

I have 4 tix to June 28 East Rutherford....2 GA, and 2 seats ( because system was so screwy on resale day this is what I ended up with.)  My "friend" who was supposed to take the seats went and got 2 better seats thru the Lumineers pre-sale...not a big deal I thought because although my CC entry tickets said they were non-transferrable....they didn't say I couldn't sell them.  And there is a "sell" button on my order.  So two days ago I went to sell them - only to find out I can't sell CC entry tickets.

I've tried everything with Ticketmaster - requesting a refund, change of delivery, being able to sell them....they said NO.  And the most recent representative cited specifically its the FAN CLUB tickets that cannot be resold and are CC entry.  Soooooooo - my question is....who can I complain to - to make my voice heard?  Is there a way to write the Fan Club?  It is so absolutely ridiculous to have this credit card entry....I mean if something so simple as many of us "longtime" fans are in our 40s or 50s and if something comes up (i.e. the babysitter cancels) you can't just give them to a friend who is DYING to go.  

Any ideas?  Or maybe someone at MetLife Stadium?  TicketMaster keeps saying "the venue won't let them."  Any advice?

Thanks!

The FAQs for memberships/presales state:

Q-If I purchase a ticket but wish to resell or transfer to another person, may I do so?

A- For North America, tickets purchased during the presale are non-transferable. If you bought tickets for the group, you must enter as a group.

Many venues offered ticket insurance at the time of purchase to cover issues that may come up.

You may call U2.com customer service, but will most likely be told the same thing.

This has been an ongoing problem ever since TicketMaster got into the ticket scalping business.  They don't want you selling your tickets because they don't want the competition.  And don't even get me started on how the fan club members didn't get great seats.  Those released were not good at all.  The tickets I was offered for the Miami show on the first day of the presale (within 1 minute of the start) were lower level...almost $ 300 each....and 70 yards from the stage near the far corner of the stadium.  I rejected them 3 times and kept getting offered crap seats.  The 4th time was the charm maybe 5 minutes later and I ended up getting decent seats.  RZ was sold out for the first Rose bowl show within 15 seconds.  I was going to fly from Miami to LA if I got RZ seats as a treat for my wife. I didn't fare any better for the second LA show.   I didn't get RZ so I just saved the code in case they end up doing another show in Miami.  Yeah I know,,,1st world problems.  Still it's irritating.

I was going to fly from Miami to LA if I got RZ seats as a treat for my wife. I didn't fare any better for the second LA show.   I didn't get RZ so I just saved the code in case they end up doing another show in Miami.  Yeah I know,,,1st world problems.  Still it's irritating.

Did you try to get RZ in another cities? I couldn't get RZ during wires pre-sale but was lucky at general sales. Even if I have to go now from SFO to SEA. Try 2nd LA show during general sales on Monday.

This has been an ongoing problem ever since TicketMaster got into the ticket scalping business.  They don't want you selling your tickets because they don't want the competition.

Ticketmaster makes a percentage on every ticket that is resold on their site. A free-for-all only helps them...

The policy has changed from the time of the presale to now.  I used to have the Sell option displayed, and now I don't.  I got $100 seats in the presale that were pretty close to the $35 seats at the back of the stadium, hardly the 'best available' in that section.  I managed to get better ones later, and now cannot unload the first pair.

TM's site says if you see Sell displayed, you can sell the tickets on TM's site.  But they've changed that between the end of the Wires presale and today.

Weird.  I just checked on some Cleveland GAs I have, and the "sell" button still shows (I have no idea if it works; it didn't when I experimentally tried it before the general onsale just to see if it was really possible at that time).  So it makes no sense that your "sell" button for seats disappeared, and my "sell" button for GA is still showing up.  Oh, and on another thread, someone relayed that TM told them that after ticket audits are complete, we'll be able to transfer tickets (?!?).  If so, that would obviously be very helpful.  Needless to say, one super-aggravating thing about all this is the incomplete/contradictory TM info.

One would imagine (?) that if selling (and/or transferring?) were really going to be just plain not allowed, the "sell" buttons should never show up at all.  But hey, that assumes that TM actually behaves consistently and logically, which they often don't.  So we'll see....

Edited by mike7man

Is anyone from zootopia going to reply to these posts?  This is extremely frustrating !!  I have been caught in a similar situation to jvd and am going to the Santa Clara gig next week.  

1 hour ago, Pfeely said:

Is anyone from zootopia going to reply to these posts?  This is extremely frustrating !!  I have been caught in a similar situation to jvd and am going to the Santa Clara gig next week.  

It's not something we can solve, I'm afraid... you will need to contact Ticketmaster for that...

I have the same issue and you can't give them back to Ticketmaster to resell. You can't sell through Craigslist or risk losing your other tickets. Ticketmaster can't allow you to sell them per U2's desire. So unless the band/ management changes that the fans have to eat it when problems come up. I wish there was a venue to handle issues like this. 

Yep. I have to eat my tickets too I guess?My mother passed away and I have to take care of things and won't make it back in time to see the show :(. Can't even give them to a friend

I'm in the same boat. I have 2 GA tickets for Cleveland. Work told me,  I can't have that weekend off now. I saw I had the Sell button on my TM site.

Cancelled my airline and cancelled my hotel. went to resell my tickets It would let me. If the Sell button wasn't there I would of told my boss I couldn't get out of it.

Now, I'll be eating  those tickets. I've been email TM but everyday I get a different customer repersentive.  I'm still going to see them in Chicago but It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

591d04c5a4e55_ScreenShot2017-05-17at6_28_10PM.png.7369022ec4c92ab9e343e8c231ac0d40.png

You had to click to agree that you wouldn't resell fan club tickets .... now you're complaining about the process to which you agreed to before you made the purchase?

I have 4 tickets to U2 in Dallas and would like to sell or just transfer them - also have a $45 parking pass - bought them through the U2 Fan club months ago and they gave me a presale code - the actual purchase went through Ticketmaster though

Found out we won't be able to attend, so I went to sell them this evening - when I click the "Sell" button, however, it says CC entries are not eligible to resell - Ticketmaster blamed it on the U2 Fan Club and the U2 Fan Club blames it on Ticketmaster - either way, it looks as if the $ cannot be recouped

Terrible way to do business - you would think spending the extra $ to be a part of the fan club would afford you more help, when in reality it made things worse by restricting what I could do

I hope they get the message if only half of the stadium fills up - they got their money though so probably won't think twice about it

I'm in the same boat. Could only get GA for the DC concert because the few lower bowl seats they made available for presale were gone by the time I could work out the glitches with my TM account that morning.

Now I have a hip injury that will make it almost impossible to stand through the concert and I dont know what to do because I am traveling to DC and apparently am not allowed to sell mine so I could by different seated tix on the secondary market.

The guy that says you knew the rules at the time of purchase, what a bunch of BS.  Things come up in life in a 4-6 month timeframe. Health issues, work issues, last minute emergencies, etc. To hold anyone that has paid a significant amount of money hostage and not allow them to resell or transfer their tix if need be is terrible customer service and possibly illegal. 

Whats worse is that apparently it is only those of us in the U2 fan club that ironically paid U2 extra money to try to ensure good tix that are being held hostage and treated this way.

U2, this is not how you treat your best and loyal fans. Very few good seats were apparently even made available for presale and then try to stipulate what we can and can't do with tix we paid good money for is awful and pathetic.

I will never pay U2.com a dime again for anything in the future. 

I may be in a similar boat for the Philadelphia show ... originally thought I'd be able to attend with no trouble (I live in NYC), but between an ongoing family issue and a lousy bus schedule from Philly after the show, I'm not sure that I'll be able to make the concert anymore.  Can't give the ticket away, and Ticketmaster won't take it back.  And since I have other CC entry tickets on my card for shows that I'm still planning on attending, I can't give away the card to anyone to use either.

I am 100% in favor of the idea behind credit card entry - making scalping impossible.  But since they're not checking IDs at the door from what people are saying at other shows, it doesn't look like it's doing anything to stop scalping, but is making it impossible for fans who have legitimate issues to get rid of their unusable tickets. 

On 5/31/2017 at 0:47 PM, utesichiban said:

Now I have a hip injury that will make it almost impossible to stand through the concert and I dont know what to do because I am traveling to DC and apparently am not allowed to sell mine so I could by different seated tix on the secondary market.

If you're still going to that show, doesn't seem like an issue. You can just find someone who wants your GA tickets, buy your new tickets, and just enter the venue with them and scan your card?

On 1/18/2017 at 6:11 PM, wawa049 said:

Hi -

I have 4 tix to June 28 East Rutherford....2 GA, and 2 seats ( because system was so screwy on resale day this is what I ended up with.)  My "friend" who was supposed to take the seats went and got 2 better seats thru the Lumineers pre-sale...not a big deal I thought because although my CC entry tickets said they were non-transferrable....they didn't say I couldn't sell them.  And there is a "sell" button on my order.  So two days ago I went to sell them - only to find out I can't sell CC entry tickets.

I've tried everything with Ticketmaster - requesting a refund, change of delivery, being able to sell them....they said NO.  And the most recent representative cited specifically its the FAN CLUB tickets that cannot be resold and are CC entry.  Soooooooo - my question is....who can I complain to - to make my voice heard?  Is there a way to write the Fan Club?  It is so absolutely ridiculous to have this credit card entry....I mean if something so simple as many of us "longtime" fans are in our 40s or 50s and if something comes up (i.e. the babysitter cancels) you can't just give them to a friend who is DYING to go.  

Any ideas?  Or maybe someone at MetLife Stadium?  TicketMaster keeps saying "the venue won't let them."  Any advice?

Thanks!

From what I've read, it seems a good idea to contact the venue and plead for help.  Maybe they can do something.

1 hour ago, jeffwalsh said:

If you're still going to that show, doesn't seem like an issue. You can just find someone who wants your GA tickets, buy your new tickets, and just enter the venue with them and scan your card?

How is that possible?  In Chicago, everyone must be present in the queue.  The person swipes his or her credit card and all must enter the stadium.  Also, if the person can manage to get out of the venue and sell them...they have to be very careful and stand some distance from the venue to sell them or face getting arrested.  This is my understanding.  Your comment is a question.  I don't think it is possible to do as you ask.  It also presumes that this person can buy other tickets while at the venue trying to sell tickets.  If they see you do that...I doubt they'll sell you anything so be very careful how you do it if you must.    (I am not arguing or  criticizing!)   :)  I'm trying to add info to help this person out and have a great show. 

There is always a ticket dump in Chicago the day of a show.  I've seen GAs go for sale on TM every day of the show for every U2 tour for quite some time.  The problem is they get scooped up very quickly.  A person needs to keep checking and buy them off TM immediately or they will be gone.  I doubt the venues will have GAs that close to the show.  It's possible but you may be setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.  FYI:  I most see the ticket dumps around 4-6 am, then around 1 or 2 pm and then about an hour or two before they stop selling any tickets because it's too close to the show.  They usually cut off ticket sales around 5 pm.  This is on TM

This whole CC entry thing is confusing and very frustrating for many people.  Some venues offer refunds up until around 48 hours before the show.  You can go to TM and look up a list of these venues.  My doctor, who is sitting next to us, ended up with two extra tickets yesterday.  They were CC entry and were seats. I tried, but it was not possible for him to get those tickets, leave the venue and resell them.  I suggested he call TM and explain the situation.  He somehow got a full refund.  I was surprised that happened. His daughter bought the tickets yet he was able to get a full refund. That means someone in TM is giving refunds two days before the show and the were fanclub CC only.  Maybe call TM and if they say no...ask for a supervisor?  You've plenty of time before the show to try everything possible.  The CC entry was very poorly done and the rules were confusing considering it was all during a presale.  Perhaps pleading that with TM could help if you are calm.  If not, I'd beg and plead and say, "I cannot absorb $560 for seats which will go unused yet could easily be sold to another.".  That may work. Maybe mention not wanting the tix to go to a scalper?  If TM says no...I suggest hanging up and calling back and asking for a supervisor again if necessary.  Some are jerks while others are very helpful.  I said this already but calling the venue may be your best chance for a resolution.

Edited by Manohlive

On 1/20/2017 at 9:46 AM, jeffwalsh said:

Ticketmaster makes a percentage on every ticket that is resold on their site. A free-for-all only helps them...

On 6/2/2017 at 9:25 PM, jeffwalsh said:
  On 5/31/2017 at 11:47 AM, utesichiban said:

I just saw this.  I'm sorry I did not notice it sooner.  I'm not sure what show you are attending besides DC but ask for accessible seating.  It is why it exists.  I was on the accessible platform in Chicago last night.  The gentleman in front of me has a broken arm.  I'm recovering from head trauma.  I've seen people with sprained ankles.  You don't have to feel weird.  You don't have to provide proof.  The only time I've seen them question it is the person is obviously faking something.

I would suggest calling the venue asap as the seating is limited.  In Chicago, there are always some xtras the day of the show but they are limited as one can call ahead of time and reserve spots on the platform.  The lady at SF in Chicago was so cool that she told them about me and to take special care of me.  I've never met her.  I emailed her about thirty times because I get confused.  I thought she'd never want to hear of me again.  It was the complete opposite.

Call the venue.  If you going to Chicago tonight...ask.  If you have GA tix for Chicago tonight...you still enter through gate 0 and there is an accessible booth to the left as you walk into the venues.  It's white and has a sign.  I would call if possible but the doors open in an hour.  I'd still call.

I also find it incredibly frustrating.  We bought 4 tickets in presale.  I do not remember any notification that these were credit card entry AND non-transferable.  Two people unable to go and have been trying to find a way to sell remaining two tickets at cost.  Given no printable tickets and only receipt is with the card holder, no way for a buyer to have anything in hand to be willing to buy tickets.  Have been a huge U2 fan since early days before WAR came out.  Have been to 4 shows over the years.  Have taken my children to see them.  Unfortunately, am frustrated to point that will likely not see them again.  The pre-sale stipulations for real fans, club members, has only served to hurt the real fans, club members.

Other tickets are printable, transferable, re-sellable.  

Really poorly thought out policy.

all the complaints about not being able to let friends or relatives use CC entry tickets when you cant go are completely unfounded.  The only people impacted by CC entry is if you are trying to sell them to a stranger. Just give the friend or relative your CC and they can get in. Ok so you don't trust your relative or neighbor, or want to sell to a stranger, then just call your CC company and report the card stolen. They will cancel the card and send you a new one.  The old card is not longer usable to charge anything, but the magnetic strip still works and will get them in the show. (now they have to trust you gave them the correct card). 

10 hours ago, finz_89 said:

all the complaints about not being able to let friends or relatives use CC entry tickets when you cant go are completely unfounded.  The only people impacted by CC entry is if you are trying to sell them to a stranger. Just give the friend or relative your CC and they can get in. Ok so you don't trust your relative or neighbor, or want to sell to a stranger, then just call your CC company and report the card stolen. They will cancel the card and send you a new one.  The old card is not longer usable to charge anything, but the magnetic strip still works and will get them in the show. (now they have to trust you gave them the correct card). 

You need an ID as well I think it said, so giving a CC will not work alone.

there has been only one show that checked IDs from the I+E tour and the JT2017 tour.  So yes that is written, but does not seem to be enforced.  So yes, it will always be a potential issue as long as its written, but most likely not a real barrier.