Sign in to follow this  
phill pohl

pa system never loud enough

Hope the sound is louder and better this time but not holding my breath .those of us that go to lots of concerts are fully aware its poor .Every tour is the same its no where near loud enough for a rock gig.Time after time we hear excuses its difficult and the stadiums are to blame.Well i saw acdc at wembley and the sound and volume was fantastic .yet with u2 especially further back it was like a library absolutely shocking.obviously i am not a sound expert but i know when something sounds good .I admire the bands loyalty but are the crew up to their job or is it me that just likes my music loud ?Maybe they just need to just get their wallets out and  invest in more speakers :D

I thought I+e was the loudest tour they've put on in awhile, and that was just from the floor and lower bowl. I spoke to people who sat higher up in the arena (and thus closer to the speaker arrays) and they said it was painful at times.

I thought I+e was the loudest tour they've put on in awhile, and that was just from the floor and lower bowl. I spoke to people who sat higher up in the arena (and thus closer to the speaker arrays) and they said it was painful at times.

Yes, the IE Tour was more than loud enough for me - someone spoke to me right after the show ended and I couldn't hear a word she was saying! Can't say I've ever had a problem with U2 shows being too quiet. Think all those concerts must have damaged your hearing, Phill. :P

I think ie was just about right. 360 I couldn't sleep afterwards because the ringing in my ears was so loud and lasted for days. After that I've always taken filtering ear plugs with me just in case.

ie was indoors and was just ok i should have said stadium shows as you could talk easily at the 360 shows  i really was dissapointed.Nothing like feeling the bass bouncing off your chest but maybe its just me then i am used to seeing the old rock metal bands in my youth when your ears rang for days.Perhaps i should invest in some hearing aids :D

I went to two (consecutive) 360 shows, first one in the stands and the second one up near the stage. It was WAY louder in the stands, the missus left with a splitting headache.

I've never had my ears ringing more after a U2 show than last years at San Jose arena. I think our seats were in the wrong spot. I hope that wasn't the case for most of the tour. I usually like it loud, but it was very harsh at that show, and most I talked to agreed. 

I like my music loud but at the IE concert, I had a headache and actually thought about leaving about 30 min early.  I stuck it out but popped tylenol in the car on the way home.  Def bringing earplugs for the whole fam.

I always wear earplugs.

I bring mine to every show I attend.  Don't always wear them, but they're always ready.