PacoBear

How many of you were at the original Joshua Tree tour?

PacoBear    8

I'm so excited to see this tour once again! I hope all of you are as well. I'm also hoping the excitement from this tour launches the new album with hints of what we can expect.
this was a concert I took my brother to years ago and he intantly became a lifelong fan!

mike7man    0

Yeah!  Saw them way back (for the 1st time) in Cleveland for the original JT tour in 1987.

peterdiaz    0

Pontiac Silverdome - on a bus trip from Kitchener-Waterloo with Sam the Record Man

Exhibition Stadium, Toronto - Oct 3, 1987 - damn it was a cold night!

SECC Glasgow 29th July

SECC Glasgow 30th July

Murrayfield Stadium 1st August

Oh what I would give to do that all again - good times indeed.

Saw them in Rotterdam (twice) and Cork. Getting tickets for the Dutch gigs was really hard, we queued for a night in the centre of Amsterdam and hours of pushing and shoving later I managed to get some louse tickets for the first night. Luckily the guy told me that a second night was added, so I went out and back in line to get some GA's for the second night! 

Right after these nights we went on holiday in Ireland and I discovered that U2 was going to play Cork, was it added? Can't remember. But I do know that we were thinking that the gig was sold out and were really frustrated about that. And then we passed this store in O'Connell street and saw this sign on the window that U2 tickets were still on sale!  

u2fancat    0

True, the Cork concert didn't sell out. I was at that, and the second Dublin one. And that's how I became a fan..

jambo_dondo    0

SECC Glasgow 29th July

SECC Glasgow 30th July

Murrayfield Stadium 1st August

Oh what I would give to do that all again - good times indeed.

Very similar to me!

I did 1 night at SECC plus Murrayfield- my 1st ever gigs, not just of U2 but any band.  In theory 1st band I ever saw live were Hue and Cry as they were the support.

I remember me and my mates going out of school at lunchtime and going to Virgin Records in Princes Street to get the tickets for the Murrayfield gig.  Then I couldn't make that day as I was working so sold my ticket but then someone who I worked with had a ticket and didn't want and agreed to cover my shift so I bought ticket off them and went!  Great day too with cracking supporting line up of Love & Money, Runrig, Mission and Pogues. 

Wembley on the Saturday (June 13?)

Elland Rd Leeds - July 1st. I got hit on the head by a flying bottle, needed stiches and then missed the coach home so slept in a train station overnight

Cardiff Arms Park July 25th - missed the coach there!!! so got 2 National Express coaches there then somehow found the original missed coach and got home

Murrayfield - August 2nd I think -  there and back without incident, although we had terrible tickets at the very back so we hopped over the fence and onto the pitch

Edited by royliverpool

julieh    0

Yes saw them at Wembley Stadium . Used to live around the corner from the Stadium at the time , easy commute home! Twickenham going to be more problematic , remembering last time, but will be there

dmway    4

Fri., Oct. 9, 1987

Carrier Dome - Syracuse, NY

My second U2 show (the first being the Conspiracy of Hope tour finale in Giants Stadium the previous year).

The nice thing about this show is that recordings (audio and video) of it have always been plentiful - so, if I want to hear/see the show, it's just a few clicks away. :)

dwenn    0

October Syracuse Carrier Dome.  1st U2 show.  I was 16 when my 3 friends and I bought tickets (if memory serves I think they were $16!) to the show 2 hours from home only having a learner's permit to get there.  It wasn't going to stop us.  But the parents said no way.  My mother and another guy's mom stepped up and said they would drive us.  One guy's parents said no all together so he never went.  Contacted all of them for this tour and one friend is coming.  The other two were left to their own devices to get tickets and they failed so they are contemplating re-sale to join us.  But with or without those guys I have a large group of the original guys, family, and other friends gained over the years joining me at NJ.  So when you see a group of 15 of us trying to get up as close as we can on the floor say hello!

lin    0

Saw them at Wembley with a friend from work and on the way in her car we picked up 3 Australian guys who were hitching to the stadium

That was when there wasn't a seating plan it was first come you got to the front off stage then you just sat in the seats you wanted

Great times

buzz2    0

Saw U2 at the Oakland Coliseum in November 1987 with the BoDeans and The Pretenders. I remember that this show was after the "graffiti" incident at the Embarcadero fountain where Bono spray painted "Rock N Roll Stops the Traffic" on it.  U2 that night had the artist who had created the fountain come on stage with the band and had him graffiti their stage set. I thought that was pretty cool. Still have the Joshua Tree bolo tie that they sold that night.  I think I may have to break it out for the Rose Bowl Shows.

jambo_dondo    0

Wembley on the Saturday (June 13?)

Elland Rd Leeds - July 1st. I got hit on the head by a flying bottle, needed stiches and then missed the coach home so slept in a train station overnight

Cardiff Arms Park July 25th - missed the coach there!!! so got 2 National Express coaches there then somehow found the original missed coach and got home

Murrayfield - August 2nd I think -  there and back without incident, although we had terrible tickets at the very back so we hopped over the fence and onto the pitch

Yes- I remember seeing quite a few people hop the fence onto the pitch at Murrayfield- quite a few chased by security too!

johnovox    0

May '87 Worcester (my first show ever - grounded for UF tour!). 

Sept '87 Boston Garden (two shows) - house lights only for first half of one show and turned into a party.  Little Steven from the Estreet band opened (before he became Sil on the Sopranos!).  First concert for my brother and bringing him back this summer