YvesGerber

Credit Card Entry

14 posts in this topic

Apologies if this has been talked about elsewhere.

Anyone know how to transfer/give Credit Card Entry tickets to someone else? I'm starting to question if I'll be able to go.

Thanks.

If they were purchased during the presales, they cannot be transferred.  Credit Card entry is just that, the credit card they were purchased on has to be presented at the show.

Credit card entry only because you're a fan site member and because you used the "privilege" of your presale code means that your tickets can't be transferred to a friend or resold through TicketMaster's fan-to-fan resale...not only that, but the best seats/GA weren't even available to the "loyal fans"...I bought two rounds of two tickets to the same show because the seats available at 9am were so dire, now I can't even resell to another fan or TM...the whole thing feels more like a punishment than a benefit...and a punishment we paid $50 extra (year after year) to have. Awesome. Forgot to add the fact that you didn't even have to have the presale code before the presale began. You could merely shuck out your extra $50 at the point of sale. Love how that u2.com membership means absolutely nothing. Thanks U2 promoters and thanks TicketMaster.

It's really hard to believe that in this day and age it's not possible to remove your CC info from an E-TICKET and resell that ticket to someone else...I don't buy it.

Oh wait...I can actually resell...if I can find someone I trust and who trusts me back to: pay me and meet up with me and go in with me, at the exact same time, and hope that we are even allowed to enter at the same location based on the fact that the tickets are in different areas...unbelievable.

Oh ya...forgot to add...hope that my credit card doesn't change between now and then for any number of reasons such as a new one isn't reissued to me with different numbers etc...we all have that problem. Can't wait to see how entry into the venue goes.

Oh ya again...my final rant is the fact that I don't even have a souvenir ticket stub to add to my collection of U2 ticket stubs. That. Is. All.

Edited by notlikethis1

I hear you Not Like This.

It's not the "pre-sales" tickets that can't be transferred. I bought some GA tix for family and then I learned that I can't send them those tickets. 

-

It's really hard to believe that in this day and age it's not possible to remove your CC info from an E-TICKET and resell that ticket to someone else...I don't buy it.

It's possible. The whole point of CC Entry is to limit the amount of scalpers buying and reselling tickets for way over face. Ticketmaster can turn that off for the whole tour with the flip of a switch. They won't (and shouldn't). But they can...

Credit card entry only because you're a fan site member and because you used the "privilege" of your presale code means that your tickets can't be transferred to a friend or resold through TicketMaster's fan-to-fan resale...not only that, but the best seats/GA weren't even available to the "loyal fans"...I bought two rounds of two tickets to the same show because the seats available at 9am were so dire, now I can't even resell to another fan or TM...the whole thing feels more like a punishment than a benefit...and a punishment we paid $50 extra (year after year) to have. Awesome. Forgot to add the fact that you didn't even have to have the presale code before the presale began. You could merely shuck out your extra $50 at the point of sale. Love how that u2.com membership means absolutely nothing. Thanks U2 promoters and thanks TicketMaster.

Oh wait...I can actually resell...if I can find someone I trust and who trusts me back to: pay me and meet up with me and go in with me, at the exact same time, and hope that we are even allowed to enter at the same location based on the fact that the tickets are in different areas...unbelievable.

Oh ya...forgot to add...hope that my credit card doesn't change between now and then for any number of reasons such as a new one isn't reissued to me with different numbers etc...we all have that problem. Can't wait to see how entry into the venue goes.

Oh ya again...my final rant is the fact that I don't even have a souvenir ticket stub to add to my collection of U2 ticket stubs. That. Is. All.

You may want to look up the FAQ on CC at ticketmasters site to learn the rules and dispell several of the myths you believe. Also once you learn the rules you will know how to allow someone else to use the tickets without needing to take risks. (And has been posted in several other places already)

It's possible. The whole point of CC Entry is to limit the amount of scalpers buying and reselling tickets for way over face. Ticketmaster can turn that off for the whole tour with the flip of a switch. They won't (and shouldn't). But they can...

I agree with you in theory. But look at the scalper sites--they got away with it! Somehow they still managed to beat to system. Yet the rest of us are stuck--If I can't go, I can't even GIVE my tickets to friends/family (nevermind sell it to someone here and try to recover the cost) so those seats will probably be empty. I'm all for stopping scalping, but clearly this system didn't work.

It was pretty easy for the scalpers to circumvent the credit card entry roadblock.    

All the scalpers did was buy up a bunch of pre-paid American Express or Visa gift cards ahead of time, and then paid for the tickets using those cards.

And then, rather than shipping actual tickets, they just shipped the gift cards to the buyers.   The buyers bring the card to the venue, and gain entry.  

Simple as that.

(Ticketmaster terms state that gift cards may not be used for credit card entry events, but it doesn't appear that they actually enforce it.)

True. But there were also lots of tickets that for some reason were never credit card entry at all. They were issued regular paper tickets. If you really want to stop scalping you have to be thorough. On wait: Livenation and ticketmaster OWN the ticketsnow scalping site--they make more money getting into the scalping business so clearly they have no interest in stopping it. So much for the charade. 

I am in a similar position, i may have a medical procedure that will have me laid up during that time.  And I bought 4 tickets.  So I'm at a loss.  I have friends who are going with me, and are dying to see the show.  I looked on the ticketmaster website and there is no way to transfer tickets unless I am missing something

I am in a similar position, i may have a medical procedure that will have me laid up during that time.  And I bought 4 tickets.  So I'm at a loss.  I have friends who are going with me, and are dying to see the show.  I looked on the ticketmaster website and there is no way to transfer tickets unless I am missing something

Let your friends borrow your card for the evening so they can get in, and have them give you the card back the next day. (They're your friends so hopefully they wont go on a wild spending spree!)

Dear U2, please tell Ticketmaster to turn these tickets into transferable ones.

I am going to the show in Vancouver on Friday. I bought two extra tickets for my kids to go and they are unable to attend the show due to work commitments. The truly frustrating thing is that it is only a very limited amount of seats that have these restrictions. You can go on Vivid seats and Ticketmaster resale and see thousands of seats available for resale for the show. I am not out to make money on the tickets I just simply want to get my money back and have another real fan enjoy the show. All this credit card entry policy will do is make it harder for REAL FANS to transfer tickets to friends and to create a bunch of empty seats in a sold out show. If this was a policy designed to eliminate scalping tickets then it would be set up for all tickets to the show.

Finally, I have no expectations of anything changing as I don't think the band has any connection or input to the Fan Forums. I am still looking forward to the show on Friday but this credit card entry thing has left a real bad taste in my mouth.

That is my two cents worth on the credit card entry to the show but at the end of the day "I still haven't found what I am looking for".

Cheers

G.

Count me among the strongly opposed to ticketless/credit card entry. For many reasons. I get that it's an attempt to thwart scalpers, but scalpers will always find a way. Instead, honest fans buying tickets many months in advance risk being stuck with tickets they can't use, and no way of getting those tickets into the hands of other fans who were left out. Life happens, plans change. Credit cards get lost, stolen, or compromised. Illness, injury, and death make it impossible to get to the venue to swipe someone else in. Living far from a venue makes it hard to "lend" your card to a  friend. And that's really not the best solution anyway. Friends can lose credit cards or get robbed and now you've put that added burden and guilt on another person.

Surely, there has got to be a better way that still allows flexibility for when life happens. Perhaps a place to resell to other fans that doesn't allow for markup above face value. Maybe it even means eating Ticketbast**d fees to maintain "face value" and ensure no attempts at raising prices. That's still a big chunk of change to have to eat, but far better all around than losing hundreds of dollars while tickets go unused and fans are left outside for want of an unused ticket.

My purely selfish reason for despising ticketless entry (and e-tickets) is that I just like hard printed tickets. Hey, I'm old. I've been going to shows since 1985. Get off my lawn. :-)