YvesGerber

Credit Card Entry

YvesGerber    0

Apologies if this has been talked about elsewhere.

Anyone know how to transfer/give Credit Card Entry tickets to someone else? I'm starting to question if I'll be able to go.

Thanks.

mich40    71

If they were purchased during the presales, they cannot be transferred.  Credit Card entry is just that, the credit card they were purchased on has to be presented at the show.

Credit card entry only because you're a fan site member and because you used the "privilege" of your presale code means that your tickets can't be transferred to a friend or resold through TicketMaster's fan-to-fan resale...not only that, but the best seats/GA weren't even available to the "loyal fans"...I bought two rounds of two tickets to the same show because the seats available at 9am were so dire, now I can't even resell to another fan or TM...the whole thing feels more like a punishment than a benefit...and a punishment we paid $50 extra (year after year) to have. Awesome. Forgot to add the fact that you didn't even have to have the presale code before the presale began. You could merely shuck out your extra $50 at the point of sale. Love how that u2.com membership means absolutely nothing. Thanks U2 promoters and thanks TicketMaster.

It's really hard to believe that in this day and age it's not possible to remove your CC info from an E-TICKET and resell that ticket to someone else...I don't buy it.

Oh wait...I can actually resell...if I can find someone I trust and who trusts me back to: pay me and meet up with me and go in with me, at the exact same time, and hope that we are even allowed to enter at the same location based on the fact that the tickets are in different areas...unbelievable.

Oh ya...forgot to add...hope that my credit card doesn't change between now and then for any number of reasons such as a new one isn't reissued to me with different numbers etc...we all have that problem. Can't wait to see how entry into the venue goes.

Oh ya again...my final rant is the fact that I don't even have a souvenir ticket stub to add to my collection of U2 ticket stubs. That. Is. All.

Edited by notlikethis1

I hear you Not Like This.

It's not the "pre-sales" tickets that can't be transferred. I bought some GA tix for family and then I learned that I can't send them those tickets. 

-

jeffwalsh    0

It's really hard to believe that in this day and age it's not possible to remove your CC info from an E-TICKET and resell that ticket to someone else...I don't buy it.

It's possible. The whole point of CC Entry is to limit the amount of scalpers buying and reselling tickets for way over face. Ticketmaster can turn that off for the whole tour with the flip of a switch. They won't (and shouldn't). But they can...

finz_89    0

Credit card entry only because you're a fan site member and because you used the "privilege" of your presale code means that your tickets can't be transferred to a friend or resold through TicketMaster's fan-to-fan resale...not only that, but the best seats/GA weren't even available to the "loyal fans"...I bought two rounds of two tickets to the same show because the seats available at 9am were so dire, now I can't even resell to another fan or TM...the whole thing feels more like a punishment than a benefit...and a punishment we paid $50 extra (year after year) to have. Awesome. Forgot to add the fact that you didn't even have to have the presale code before the presale began. You could merely shuck out your extra $50 at the point of sale. Love how that u2.com membership means absolutely nothing. Thanks U2 promoters and thanks TicketMaster.

Oh wait...I can actually resell...if I can find someone I trust and who trusts me back to: pay me and meet up with me and go in with me, at the exact same time, and hope that we are even allowed to enter at the same location based on the fact that the tickets are in different areas...unbelievable.

Oh ya...forgot to add...hope that my credit card doesn't change between now and then for any number of reasons such as a new one isn't reissued to me with different numbers etc...we all have that problem. Can't wait to see how entry into the venue goes.

Oh ya again...my final rant is the fact that I don't even have a souvenir ticket stub to add to my collection of U2 ticket stubs. That. Is. All.

You may want to look up the FAQ on CC at ticketmasters site to learn the rules and dispell several of the myths you believe. Also once you learn the rules you will know how to allow someone else to use the tickets without needing to take risks. (And has been posted in several other places already)

YvesGerber    0

It's possible. The whole point of CC Entry is to limit the amount of scalpers buying and reselling tickets for way over face. Ticketmaster can turn that off for the whole tour with the flip of a switch. They won't (and shouldn't). But they can...

I agree with you in theory. But look at the scalper sites--they got away with it! Somehow they still managed to beat to system. Yet the rest of us are stuck--If I can't go, I can't even GIVE my tickets to friends/family (nevermind sell it to someone here and try to recover the cost) so those seats will probably be empty. I'm all for stopping scalping, but clearly this system didn't work.

rlj1010    0

It was pretty easy for the scalpers to circumvent the credit card entry roadblock.    

All the scalpers did was buy up a bunch of pre-paid American Express or Visa gift cards ahead of time, and then paid for the tickets using those cards.

And then, rather than shipping actual tickets, they just shipped the gift cards to the buyers.   The buyers bring the card to the venue, and gain entry.  

Simple as that.

(Ticketmaster terms state that gift cards may not be used for credit card entry events, but it doesn't appear that they actually enforce it.)

YvesGerber    0

True. But there were also lots of tickets that for some reason were never credit card entry at all. They were issued regular paper tickets. If you really want to stop scalping you have to be thorough. On wait: Livenation and ticketmaster OWN the ticketsnow scalping site--they make more money getting into the scalping business so clearly they have no interest in stopping it. So much for the charade. 

I am in a similar position, i may have a medical procedure that will have me laid up during that time.  And I bought 4 tickets.  So I'm at a loss.  I have friends who are going with me, and are dying to see the show.  I looked on the ticketmaster website and there is no way to transfer tickets unless I am missing something

rlj1010    0

I am in a similar position, i may have a medical procedure that will have me laid up during that time.  And I bought 4 tickets.  So I'm at a loss.  I have friends who are going with me, and are dying to see the show.  I looked on the ticketmaster website and there is no way to transfer tickets unless I am missing something

Let your friends borrow your card for the evening so they can get in, and have them give you the card back the next day. (They're your friends so hopefully they wont go on a wild spending spree!)

Georgesoire    0

I am going to the show in Vancouver on Friday. I bought two extra tickets for my kids to go and they are unable to attend the show due to work commitments. The truly frustrating thing is that it is only a very limited amount of seats that have these restrictions. You can go on Vivid seats and Ticketmaster resale and see thousands of seats available for resale for the show. I am not out to make money on the tickets I just simply want to get my money back and have another real fan enjoy the show. All this credit card entry policy will do is make it harder for REAL FANS to transfer tickets to friends and to create a bunch of empty seats in a sold out show. If this was a policy designed to eliminate scalping tickets then it would be set up for all tickets to the show.

Finally, I have no expectations of anything changing as I don't think the band has any connection or input to the Fan Forums. I am still looking forward to the show on Friday but this credit card entry thing has left a real bad taste in my mouth.

That is my two cents worth on the credit card entry to the show but at the end of the day "I still haven't found what I am looking for".

Cheers

G.

stateless    0

Count me among the strongly opposed to ticketless/credit card entry. For many reasons. I get that it's an attempt to thwart scalpers, but scalpers will always find a way. Instead, honest fans buying tickets many months in advance risk being stuck with tickets they can't use, and no way of getting those tickets into the hands of other fans who were left out. Life happens, plans change. Credit cards get lost, stolen, or compromised. Illness, injury, and death make it impossible to get to the venue to swipe someone else in. Living far from a venue makes it hard to "lend" your card to a  friend. And that's really not the best solution anyway. Friends can lose credit cards or get robbed and now you've put that added burden and guilt on another person.

Surely, there has got to be a better way that still allows flexibility for when life happens. Perhaps a place to resell to other fans that doesn't allow for markup above face value. Maybe it even means eating Ticketbast**d fees to maintain "face value" and ensure no attempts at raising prices. That's still a big chunk of change to have to eat, but far better all around than losing hundreds of dollars while tickets go unused and fans are left outside for want of an unused ticket.

My purely selfish reason for despising ticketless entry (and e-tickets) is that I just like hard printed tickets. Hey, I'm old. I've been going to shows since 1985. Get off my lawn. :-)

YvesGerber    0

So, I officially can't go to the show, but I did find a friend I trust with my credit card who wants to go--he's never been, I'm selling the seats at face value. Hopefully they don't demand ID, otherwise he's driven 3 hours out of his way for nothing.

abluerwhite    0
37 minutes ago, YvesGerber said:

So, I officially can't go to the show, but I did find a friend I trust with my credit card who wants to go--he's never been, I'm selling the seats at face value. Hopefully they don't demand ID, otherwise he's driven 3 hours out of his way for nothing.

It is incredibly unlikely they will check ID, they tend not to.

zutopian    0
On 2/1/2017 at 5:07 PM, mich40 said:

If they were purchased during the presales, they cannot be transferred.  Credit Card entry is just that, the credit card they were purchased on has to be presented at the show.

Can't remember which shows are on which cards... guess I'll have to bring the whole pile!?

lilymappin    0

I just went to the Rogers Centre ticket office.  (Toronto)  

All floor seats and all fan club seats require credit card.    The rest do not.   

He said you can change the credit card number at Ticketmaster,  but I'm not sure how that would be done.  

I know now this is probably posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find out from searching.  And now I can't remember where I posted the question (help me ?).   Thought I'd share as it  might help somebody else   

Manohlive    0
On 4/11/2017 at 8:02 AM, YvesGerber said:

True. But there were also lots of tickets that for some reason were never credit card entry at all. They were issued regular paper tickets. If you really want to stop scalping you have to be thorough. On wait: Livenation and ticketmaster OWN the ticketsnow scalping site--they make more money getting into the scalping business so clearly they have no interest in stopping it. So much for the charade. 

You make a great point.  Their rationale is that buyer need not be aware as one knows the tickets are actually valid tickets and not forgeries. Thus, many more people now scalp them on TM as it is legal.  In the process, TM makes a profit with service charges yet a second and third time.   That, in turn, goes to Live Nation who keeps buying up our concert experiences and raising the price we pay. 

However, I then I think how we are quick to criticize U2 and their deal with Live Nation. I was seriously bummed when U2 did it. As much as I dislike wondering, could the 360 tour have been possible were it not for Live Nation and their deal with U2?  What if that tour had gone terribly wrong? (God forbid, please)  Would we have had IE and be so impatiently waiting for SOE if 360 had crashed and the U2/Live Nation deal not been made?  As much as I hate asking it;  Is Live Nation a necessary 'penance' for these huge productions? I know nothing of the business aspect, but It seems the 360 tour was a huge risk in the beginning.  The insurance alone must have been astronomical.  At the same time, many of us only paid $55 for 360 GAs and went nuts. 

How much scalping of GAs actually takes place despite CC entry?  Anyone know the actual average stats?  Do they even exist?   I hope it's much less than one might think.

I first realized, this morning, that regular seats had CC entry.  That surprised me to where it's now astonishing.  Chicago is gonna be nuts.  I was told by someone at Soldier Field that they've never had CC entry like this show.  There will be lines and they may well go slowly.  I hope not.  Hopefully a better way of doing it is soon realized and accomplished.  Scalpers!  They do not even merit being called serpents, in my not very humble opinion.

I'm actually asking these questions and hoping my views are wrong so have at what I just wrote.  Please.

Edited by Manohlive

bigwave    137
On 6/1/2017 at 8:58 PM, lilymappin said:

I just went to the Rogers Centre ticket office.  (Toronto)  

All floor seats and all fan club seats require credit card.    The rest do not.   

He said you can change the credit card number at Ticketmaster,  but I'm not sure how that would be done.  

I know now this is probably posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find out from searching.  And now I can't remember where I posted the question (help me ?).   Thought I'd share as it  might help somebody else   

you can see where you posted questions on your profile Lily http://zootopia.u2.com/profile/563746-lilymappin/?wr=eyJhcHAiOiJmb3J1bXMiLCJtb2R1bGUiOiJmb3J1bXMtY29tbWVudCIsImlkXzEiOjM0ODc1LCJpZF8yIjoxMDgxNjQwfQ==

melissar75    0

I have RZ and had to switch my cc number by calling TM, and they provided me with the info I needed to send them to verify everything. A few days after emailing them a rep called me back stating that since my tix are will call (they're not) and not CC entry (they are) I don't need my credit card for entry. He was clearly misinformed by bis supervisor and I had to go through the whole thing about RZ, CC entry, etc and he was trying to convince me that I was wrong. After going back and forth for awhile I told him to just switch it over for my peace of mind. I guess it depends on the rep you speak to, but don't let them convince you otherwise if they tell you that you don't need to switch your cc#.

tl_mash    0

Presale tickets for KC Arrowhead stadium start on Thursday June 8. I joined the fan club because I am a fan and wanted the presale option. Today I figured I would search the internet to see the position of the stage and much to my surprise not only did I find it but also found that Vivid and StubHub are already selling the best seats for $150 to $2000. The tickets will now be further back than I planned or go through the scalpers. Also, if I don't get in on Thursday I have to compete with the county where the stadium is and Chiefs season ticket holders on Friday and Saturday. I really enjoyed what Springsteen did by holding tickets back and releasing them days before the concert. Scalper are the scum of the earth by keeping the people who cannot afford the good tickets out of the venues. I wish the bands would figure a way to cut the scalpers out especially since they are not joining the fan club or buying U2 Albums and Merchandise. I have bought every U2 album attended concerts when I could and purchased merchandise. I relize that people say what scalpers do is being entrepreneural but it rapes the true fans. Do American Express buyers have to show their card I doubt it, I never had to show my Amex (when I had one) when entering a venue with presale tickets through TicketMaster. U2 could learn from Ed Sheehan who dumped scalpers tickets and reissuing tickets to the real fans.  U2 should have held these tickets out for fan club members, ya THINK!!!!???????

Edited by tl_mash

I am still confused as to whether I can "swipe in' my friends, showing my ID and CC that I used to buy the tickets, and then they go in without me. I don't have to enter with them in order for the tickets to be valid right? I've tried to read all I can about this topic and it's still not clear to me.

Also some people are saying you can mail your friend the credit card and they can use that to get in, but on TM they say you must show ID as well as CC. So unless I  mail my friend my ID as well, I don't see how giving someone your CC would work.