Sign in to follow this  
lin

Petition to stop resale of concert tickets (MERGED)

lin    0

There is a new petition on the uk parliament site to stop the resale of concert tickets on secondary sites

After the disappoint for many fans not being able to get tickets for u2 please sign this petition so next tour fans might get tickets at the right prices and stop the resale sites getting them

lin    0

Already signed that one lets get Britain behind this one so we can get the same outcome as Ireland

lin    0

Have posted this in general forum

Please find the petition to stop the resale of tickets on secondary sites at higher cost

We have the power to get this before parliament but it need people to take the time to sign and share

So all those people who have moaned about not being able to get tickets but have seen them on secondery site how's your chance

Sign and share

Together we can do something about this

hicksong    0

It's Unfortunate, Corruption abounds in the Concert Ticket Game. It amazes me how many tickets get consumed by the business of Resale Tickets. Here in the USA, the day before the Fan Club Pre Sale tickets even went on sale, there were Resale Ticket sites offering up a variety of seats for purchase at crazy inflated prices....Mind you at that time they didn't have the tickets in hand but with confidence there was a certainty that the Re Seller would have said tickets... A Mystery... Corrupt...Vicious.... I support the Petition, not being a U.K. Resident I am not able to sign but I do stand next to you in support...

Edited by hicksong

lin    0

Calling all uk u2 fans please read this thread and share with other fans this is a petition that we have the power to get to parliament

Fans who have moaned on theirs site about not getting tickets need to take action along with those that have tickets

If everybody who went to see u2 at Wembley on the horizon tour signed this would reach the numbers to get to parilment

Last time there was a petition like this it fell short of the required 100,000 needed this time we could get change but we need to keep this in the public eye. Come on u2 family lets get this done

This is the link

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171819Sign share

lin    0

I must say I'm disappointed with the response to the petition here in the uk to stop secondary ticket sites selling tickets at inflated prices

Last month the chat was all about not getting tickets as they had gone on these sites but the anger people felt then seems to have dried up

If everybody who got a ticket and those that didn't sign this petition we could get change

As pattie smith sang out at the start of the ie tour people have the power so come on u2 fans here in the uk lets take that power for the good of all concert goers

Sign this petition share it with friends

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171819

supermat4    0

there is always also the other point. i was sometimes very happy to get tickets for a sold out show. with this Petition you dont have ANY chance to get a ticket... so, whats better? for me it's no Problem to pay more then the original Price. i think they must be other restrictions... as example no online sale.

The most successful recent petition on this attracted around 87,000 signatures. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/128969If you read down you'll find the response to the petition and a link to the report that was commissioned by the government on this topic. I'm afraid there's no prospect of legislation on this.

I'd also recommend https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/the-man-who-broke-ticketmasteras being well worth reading.

lin    0

Yes the last petition didn't reach the numbers needed to go forward

But if we can keep this one going up we could get there to stop resale on these sites at inflated prices

That's why we need to get as many people to sign

Again people have the power so let's take that power and try to get change

This is the link to the petition

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171819

u2rone    0

I would sign the petition, but also am in the States. But know I support you an d hope it works!!!