Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
like_a_song

Please play the Joshua Tree on Shuffle

5 posts in this topic

Hi U2 mods and fans --

Just a quick note to voice my enthusiasm for the Joshua Tree tour, but also my hope that the band will buck the trend of playing the album front-to-back during the show.  Having seen a number of "play an album" shows by beloved artists like Peter Gabriel, Patti Smith, and the Breeders, I have to say that while it's a fun concept, it removes one of the best elements of seeing a favorite artist live -- not knowing what is coming next.  While I'll be very happy to hear all of the Joshua Tree tracks played on concert night, I'd much prefer them to be jumbled up with each other and with other tracks rather than played in sequence.  Keep us guessing!

Thanks,

-Like a Song

Well, not knowing what's next is what's always the case isn't it. If you don't spoil yourself by finding out beforehand that is. So in that regard I woudn't mind them making an exception for this album/tour. I think many people have memories of this album and part of experiencing an album when listening to it, is the order of songs, because you get used to it and that becomes part of the music memory if that makes sense. And to have that feeling of listening to the whole album in order live, but would a great addition of the experience for me. And also it's only going to be half of the show, you don't what other songs they will play and in what order, so it's best of both worlds.

I'm sort of rooting for a front-to-back JT celebration... 

Shuffle ? No..... I think it would a great challenge to do the JT in order..... Pure.... I am sure the Original Sequence of songs has some kind of meaning.....I want to see these guys make it work in order......

Shuffle ? No..... I think it would a great challenge to do the JT in order..... Pure.... I am sure the Original Sequence of songs has some kind of meaning.....I want to see these guys make it work in order......

Yeah - the order being - get you to the point where you cannot breathe any longer, then they give you a brief rest while you turn the album over - the first song on side 2 being a bit brighter, thereby lifting you up a bit more before driving you completely to "The Edge" and finally blowing you away.

I have a feeling they'll be shoveling more than a few of us off ground each night  ;)