Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

504jumper

Classic songs reimagined or replayed?

7 posts in this topic

I am wondering how our beloved boys from Dublin will perform these absolutely fantastic songs.  The old guy in me would love to hear them played they way that I hear them 30 years ago.  But I've read that the band is looking to breathe new life into these fan favorites.

My question is: how do you improve upon a classic?

I wrote a blog post about a recent experience about whether or not songs from The Joshua Street achieved classic status.

Love to know what you think.  Thanks.  :)

https://achtungninja.wordpress.com/

There's already a new remix coming out of Red Hill Mining Town but I believe this to be a single to promote the tour.

I think the band will stick with just this and not remix or update other songs of the album.

There's already a new remix coming out of Red Hill Mining Town but I believe this to be a single to promote the tour.

I think the band will stick with just this and not remix or update other songs of the album.

I hope so; that would be great.  They have done a good job in the past, reimagining these classics.  But I would love to hear them performed like the original.

I think most of the songs will be played as they sound on the album, apart from RHMT - I imagine they'll play it in the style of this new mix - and Streets, which they've always done differently to the studio version (and personally I prefer the version they play live!). They played Bullet closer to the original version on the I&E tour so I guess we'll get something similar on this tour as well.

I think most of the songs will be played as they sound on the album, apart from RHMT - I imagine they'll play it in the style of this new mix - and Streets, which they've always done differently to the studio version (and personally I prefer the version they play live!). They played Bullet closer to the original version on the I&E tour so I guess we'll get something similar on this tour as well.

That would be awesome. Some of the songs have changed over the past thirty years, and I would love to hear them like they performed them back in 1987.  

Just love this version of IGC 'back in the day', when Edge played the high pitched verse bars at the top of fret board with effect. So Good.

Have skipped over the blog btw, just read snippets, looks like a great piece of work. I will read in full. Thanks for sharing.

Just love this version of IGC 'back in the day', when Edge played the high pitched verse bars at the top of fret board with effect. So Good.

Have skipped over the blog btw, just read snippets, looks like a great piece of work. I will read in full. Thanks for sharing.

Yup, this is a great version , Yardie.  I would love if they play it like this, this summer.  Thanks for reading--even just snippets--I look forward to hearing your thoughts.