Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pain_18_

My Inevitable *POP* Thread !

pain_18_    207

WOW Frankaz !!!! I  had forgotten that Johannesburg was the last stop for the PopMart tour....... And  it certainly slipped my mind over the time that this show was THIS good......Seems the Vegas opener and the Johannesburg closer were the best shows or among the best, anyway !!!   I must say Mexico wasn't that good.....really.....

ALSO....I dig that great opening they used for Last Night on Earth for the first few shows...the long one....with those sounds and the cartoons.  They cut it short later on the tour and it lost its' charm ......

However....... The Vegas - Mofo is incomparably better than the Johannesburg - Mofo .....  And I prefer the Electrical Staring at the Sun to the acoustic, anyday !

Grande 3:16    5

I must say Mexico wasn't that good.....really.....

Too many close ups of the band and not enough spectacle of the show. It's also so blurry it looks like they used a mattress for a lens filter.

It's too bad there's no YT clips of the PopMart show I attended, as it's the only one I've heard where Discotheque gets TWO outros. Right where it should be blending into Velvet Dress it just exploded into another outro. It was awesome!

pain_18_    207

I must say Mexico wasn't that good.....really.....

Too many close ups of the band and not enough spectacle of the show. It's also so blurry it looks like they used a mattress for a lens filter.

It's too bad there's no YT clips of the PopMart show I attended, as it's the only one I've heard where Discotheque gets TWO outros. Right where it should be blending into Velvet Dress it just exploded into another outro. It was awesome!

WHERE, HOW ??? I wanna know !!!!! Those shows may be hidden on U2startdotcom...Just tell me which ones !

Perth Feb 17 1998.

There is an audio bootleg (sometimes titled "Wake Up Dead Perth") but the sound quality is pretty poor.

pain_18_    207

Perth Feb 17 1998.

There is an audio bootleg (sometimes titled "Wake Up Dead Perth") but the sound quality is pretty poor.

.........  Hhhhmm.....Lemme check and I will get back with the results.

pain_18_    207

Yep.....2 parts.....2 stars outta 5........Source : Audience Microphone..... Downloaded it anyway ..... 

So NO YT links ????

Frankaz    93

WOW Frankaz !!!! I  had forgotten that Johannesburg was the last stop for the PopMart tour....... And  it certainly slipped my mind over the time that this show was THIS good......Seems the Vegas opener and the Johannesburg closer were the best shows or among the best, anyway !!!   I must say Mexico wasn't that good.....really.....

ALSO....I dig that great opening they used for Last Night on Earth for the first few shows...the long one....with those sounds and the cartoons.  They cut it short later on the tour and it lost its' charm ......

However....... The Vegas - Mofo is incomparably better than the Johannesburg - Mofo .....  And I prefer the Electrical Staring at the Sun to the acoustic, anyday !

Yeah, it was certainly a good show. I think I'd prefer one of the European shows to Las Vegas, too many of their live concerts are American recordings.

Also I'd like the full audio from the Sarajevo concert, the BBC broadcast it live...

pain_18_    207

Yeah, it was certainly a good show. I think I'd prefer one of the European shows to Las Vegas, too many of their live concerts are American recordings.

Also I'd like the full audio from the Sarajevo concert, the BBC broadcast it live...

You know.....As long as it's *POP*-related....Anything goes !!!!!!  I think I have the full audio from the Sarajevo concert.

Frankaz    93

I have it on cassette (remember those!!!) but I'd like an official release, surely the BBC recorded it? I know they released Sunday Bloody Sunday on the 'Angels single...

pain_18_    207

I have it on cassette (remember those!!!) but I'd like an official release, surely the BBC recorded it? I know they released Sunday Bloody Sunday on the 'Angels single...

Ditto !

Shouldn't be "retro" and "nostalgic"? I wonder if Bono remembers saying that?

Frankaz    93

Shouldn't be "retro" and "nostalgic"? I wonder if Bono remembers saying that?

I doubt it. Retro and nostalgic describe every album they've released from 2000 onwards...

And why hasn't that Peacock been given full band member status. Totally unfair!

pain_18_    207

I'm listening to the *POP* Mart Las Vegas Rehearsals....It's incredible what the REAL Creative U2 was capable of and especially EDGE......He was able to really build landscapes over Landscapes of Guitar textures......Don't know what got into him to refuse to be experimental and even play guitar at all nowadays....it makes me deeply sad......

pain_18_    207

Today it's 20 years to the date since the biggest show ever took place :  * POP-**Mart_Las_Vegas !!!  And the rehearsals were insane, Ender !