mickoafc

Stay Safe Eveyone!

After the terrible events in London yesterday, lets hope the tour passes without any more of these acts of terror around the world, and that everyone can have a safe and enjoyable JT2017 tour. Thoughts with the families of those affected yesterday. 

And now Manchester Arena, in my hometown. Thoughts with everyone involved.

Edited by mickoafc

So very very tragic indeed. I'm so sorry for all those affected ... why can't people just let other people go about their business, live and enjoy, have fun and laugh ... without all these dreadful attacks ...

I'm positive that this will have some impact on the U2 tour. In the short term, this is going to intensify security getting into the venues.  

Wait times to get inside were already ridiculously long, with the existing security checks and the credit card entry debacle.

Now with even more intense security, it'll take an eternity to get in. I'm not complaining. I'm just making an observation. I realize it's necessary in light of what's happened. 

Edited by rlj1010

Where has the time gone when we would do ticket and bag checks at some Belgian festivals every year. The worst we had to look for were glass bottles of wine and beer ...

I saw U2 play at Manchester Arena on the Elevation Tour and it is an enormous venue - the largest in Europe I think. As I understand it from the news reports, the bomber blew himself up in the public (foyer) area connecting the venue and the train station. So the challenge is not so much stopping terror-minded people getting into a venue (I think that is largely covered off with bag checks and pat downs), but rather in stopping those people getting close to thousands of fans exiting a venue after a show. Awful and impossible situation to control and RIP to all those people that lost their lives.