colby_martin

Getting to Gillette from Boston/Fan Meetups?

Hi!

My dad, brother, wife, and I are "shipping up to boston" from Charlotte, NC from the show and are staying downtown (beside Faneuil hall). The plan is to take the train to foxborough unless we can find some sort of party bus/chartered bus to get on board. Anyone know of any? 

Also, where is the best place to find any meetups with fellow fans at any pubs/bars in Boston that weekend?

Thanks for any advice! 

Hall and Oates with Tears Fears is playing the TD Garden on Saturday 6/24, not far from Fanueil Hall.

Check the local clubs postings, there will likely be some U2 hook ups around downtown Boston.  

It does not seem like the train always runs to Gillette. This is from the MBTA site: "The MBTA is pleased to provide roundtrip special event and special concert trains to requested concerts and events at Gillette Stadium. "   I wonder who requests the train for "requested concerts"?  I am coming from Hawaii & will be staying in Boston & will also need some way to get there & would like to meet up w/ others. :) 

i'm also staying in Boston and trying to figure out how to get the Stadium. Doesn't seem that easy, at least nothing on the internet makes it all that clear. 

Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks heaps. 

It does not seem like the train always runs to Gillette. This is from the MBTA site: "The MBTA is pleased to provide roundtrip special event and special concert trains to requested concerts and events at Gillette Stadium. "   I wonder who requests the train for "requested concerts"?  I am coming from Hawaii & will be staying in Boston & will also need some way to get there & would like to meet up w/ others. :) 

I talked to a MBTA rep yesterday and he said that there still is not a train running from Boston to Gillette. They said it could be announced closer to the show. If that doesn't happen, I've looked at the site rallybus.com. 

Unless by some miracle, they make the train accessible, Were doin Rallybus also...I think its like 50 bucks or something, ya cant beat it since it'd be at least 40 to park your car @ Gillette.  I did Rallybus one other time down in Miami bc the stadium was far out from South Beach..Worked out fine. 

make sure you leave early whether its a bus or driving. took me over 3 hours to get out there on 360

I was hoping the train would run.  You can take a train to Mansfield and Uber to the show.  The worst part of Foxboro is getting out of there.  3 /12 hours after the 360 show.  Didn't get home to NH until 4:00am. 

On 5/25/2017 at 9:29 AM, pluck77 said:

make sure you leave early whether its a bus or driving. took me over 3 hours to get out there on 360

Was that from Boston? Was it on a weekend? I'm trying to get to gillette at 5pm. Was thinking since it's a sunday the traffic might not be as bad? 

I live in Cambridge near Davis Square.  The Burren, near the Joshua Tree, is a better spot.  I'm game to meet there any time or day.

I am also open to hosting up to three people at my condo who need places to sleep (more if the floor is okay for the late comers).

;-)

I have a GA ticket, so I'll be driving  some time in the morning for the show.  Four others can fit in my car too.

I can't figure out how to send a PM (private message) in here.  If someone can let me know, that would be fabtastic.

* Erika

t

Just now, tfls said:

I can't figure out how to send a PM (private message) in here.  If someone can let me know, that would be fabtastic.

When you're on the message board, in a thread like this, the user names appear to the left of the posts.  Hover your cursor over the user name of the person you want to message, and a smaller pop-up should appear with some info about that user.  In the bottom left corner of that pop-up is a button labeled "message" - click that, and you're good to go.

I lived in Davis Square for a few years, back around the time of the Vertigo tour, nice to see some familiar locations :)

thanks

great

?

What do you do when on your mobile and you can't hover?

2 minutes ago, tfls said:

thanks

great

?

What do you do when on your mobile and you can't hover?

In that case, just click/tap on the user name - their profile will then come up.  Underneath the name will be some buttons - the middle one looks like an envelope, click that and you should be all set.

Edited by vertigojds

Aaaaah, I saw that before but didn't realized that was the way to send a private.

I just sent you one.

On 6/5/2017 at 2:28 PM, colby_martin said:

Was that from Boston? Was it on a weekend? I'm trying to get to gillette at 5pm. Was thinking since it's a sunday the traffic might not be as bad? 

We went to both of the 360 shows at Foxboro in 2009 - one was on a Sunday, the other, a Monday. Yes, traffic was terrible, even for the Sunday show. I would say 3 hours from Boston is about accurate. 

In 2009, I lived in Wilmington, MA, which is about 40 miles north of Foxboro. The stress of feeling like I would never get to the stadium almost sent me into a panic attack. :P 

The thing about Boston is, most of the time, there's only one main road/highway you can take to get from point A to point B. If there's an alternate route, it's probably even worse than the highway.

It will also take you forever to get out of Foxboro after the show. It's worth it. ;) 

When I went to the 360 show in 2009 it was a Sunday.  Driving there wasn't too bad (came from NH) coming home was not pleasant. I am thinking of sleeping in the parking lot until the traffic subsides. 

I'm definitely also interested in meeting with some people from the area since I'm going solo! I'll be coming from Woburn, which is also about 40 miles north of Gillette

Get there as early as possible. Normally parking lots open around 2 pm, so you can head out early, park and be in the stadium in plenty of time. Gillette is the worst at these events. Also, beer sales will cut off 2 songs into U2s setlist so plan accordingly in that department. Good luck all.