Sign in to follow this  
theladyA

Credit Card ticket entry and card changed.....now what?

I searched the forums for this topic to no avail.  Monitors I'd be grateful if you responded.  Low and behold my bank is closing my credit card due to a charge from an internet site I did not authorize.  Therefore, due to the fraud, I am being issued a new credit card.  So.........what's the policy for those who have new cards for these types of issues (lost, stolen, fraud) in the months between sales and needing to show "proof" at the show?  

contact immediately the ticketing agency (Ticketmaster, most likely) and explain your situation - preferably do it by phone...

Had similar challenge. When they swipe the card it is merely to read the info of the mag stripe. It makes no difference if the account is open or closed. I really screwed up for the 360 tour and had destroyed my original card. Took three hours for me to get someone in the box office day of show to correct the issue which I felt was unfortunate as these situations do occur. Just keep your old card and things should be fine. You can take it to the box office early and they will be able to check it as well.

I had the same issue I just called Ticketmaster and told them what happened and they said I could use my old card but I had thrown it out. So I told them my new card and they transferred the tickets over took all about 20 minutes

I lost the card I bought my tickets on and had to replace it (actually, my BF left it in the backseat of a rental car in Iceland after getting gas...should I revoke his U2 privileges? :P)  I just called Ticketmaster and they told me to print out my order receipt and bring that, along with the new card and a photo ID, to the venue for entry. I don't trust this. I think I'll call the venue (Rosebowl) when they open on Monday and see what they recommend. 

Thanks to you all...I saved the card and will bring it, the new card, the receipt, my ID, my passport and my left thumb in case they want it too.

On 5/13/2017 at 1:26 PM, rlavi said:

I lost the card I bought my tickets on and had to replace it (actually, my BF left it in the backseat of a rental car in Iceland after getting gas...should I revoke his U2 privileges? :P)  I just called Ticketmaster and they told me to print out my order receipt and bring that, along with the new card and a photo ID, to the venue for entry. I don't trust this. I think I'll call the venue (Rosebowl) when they open on Monday and see what they recommend. 

I would also contact the security the day of honestly. Just because someone who has a desk job inside the venue says yes, doesn't mean that information will reach the security working that day. Explain the issue to the security personnel who will most likely be handling your ticket and verify with them as well to see what they say. I'd let them know the specific name of the person you talked to at the venue too and what they said regarding the issue.

So in one of the many e-mails I got for the Seattle show it said that if the card had been compromised, expired, or lost that you had to contact Ticketmaster Customer Service (1-800-653-8000) in advance to get the credit card information updated and that the CentruyLink Field Box office would not be able to update it.