Sign in to follow this  
carvajfcutah

your age, and how many shows you've been?

So saw this in another forum and thought I'd ask it here. I'm a rookie when it comes to shows been a u2 forever but only have seen them live 3 times and in may will be my fourth. So here goes

First time

May 24 2011 SLC 360 tour

2-May 30 2015 LA ie

3-May 31 2015 LA ie

And my fourth will be this may 20 at the rose bowl!

I'm 29......I've never been to a U2 concert.

That does surprise me.

I've been able to go to every tour since Zooropa and twice on SOI.

It's really expensive now to go and so I don't get how folk can go 4/5/6 times each tour.

Croke Park Dublin - '87 (JT,brilliant)

RDS Dublin - '93 (ZOO,amazing)

Landsdowne RD stadium, Dublin - '97 (POP, another level)

Croke Park Dublin - '05 (BOMB, fantastic)

Croke Park Dublin - '09 (360, great)

MSG, New York - Jul '15 (great experience on another continent)

SSE Arena, Belfast - Nov '15 (up close and personal - best yet)

Next up - croker and JT30.

I'm 48, working backwards.

Edited by yardie

39. Fan since 1992.

Seen them 4 times.

1 PopMart (1998)

1 Vertigo (2006)

2 360 (2010)

Edited by Grande 3:16

Age 33, seen 8 shows - 1 x Elevation, 2 x Vertigo, 3 x 360° (2009 and 2010), 2 x IE. This summer will be my 9th and 10th.

I'm 58. 8 shows for me. October, War. Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree(twice), Pop Mart, Elevation and 360. # 9 coming next month, can't wait !

31 shows.  49 years on the earth

Croke Park                                                      Dublin                                29/06/1985

Croke Park                                                      Dublin                                27/06/1987

Pairc Ui Chaoimh                                            Cork                                   08/08/1987

Pairc Ui Chaoimh                                            Cork                                   24/08/1993

RDS                                                                Dublin                                 28/08/1993

Feyenoord Stadion                                         Rotterdam                          18/07/1997

Feyenoord Stadion                                         Rotterdam                          19/07/1997

Lansdowne Road                                           Dublin                                 30/08/1997

Lansdowne Road                                           Dublin                                 31/08/1997

The Astoria Theatre                                       London                               07/02/2001

United Centre                                                 Chicago                              16/05/2001

MEN Arena                                                     Manchester                        11/08/2001

Slane Castle                                                   Slane                                  25/08/2001

Croke Park                                                     Dublin                                 24/06/2005

Croke Park                                                     Dublin                                 25/08/2005

Croke Park                                                     Dublin                                 27/08/2005

Madison Square Garden                               New York                            07/10/2005

Madison Square Garden                               New York                            11/10/2005

Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann                Nice                                    15/07/2009

Croke Park                                                    Dublin                                  24/07/2009

Croke Park                                                    Dublin                                  25/07/2009

Croke Park                                                    Dublin                                  27/07/2009

Giants Stadium                                              East Rutherford                   24/09/2009

Rogers Arena                                                Vancouver                           14/05/2015

Rogers Arena                                                Vancouver                           15/05/2015

Ziggo Dome                                                   Amsterdam                         09/09/2015

O2 Arena                                                        London                              29/10/2015

3 arena                                                           Dublin                                23/11/2015

3 arena                                                           Dublin                                24/11/2005

3 arena                                                           Dublin                                27/11/2015

3 arena                                                           Dublin                                28/11/2015

Edited by dermo

I'm 29......I've never been to a U2 concert.

That does surprise me.

I've been able to go to every tour since Zooropa and twice on SOI.

It's really expensive now to go and so I don't get how folk can go 4/5/6 times each tour.

At the end of the day.....I'm content I got to buy all the U2 albums and rarities I wanted,  that I can be in here in Zootopia ....That I'm living in the same day and age as them and that, probably, they'll make one more album........ And If not.....I'm REALLY content they gave me and all of us a LOT of music to enjoy and be uplifted by....Sure, some albums are better than others but that's art, that's human nature.....Nobody's perfect and all that philosophy ...... 

Edited by pain_18_

At the end of the day.....I'm content I got to buy all the U2 albums and rarities I wanted, that I can be in here in Zootopia ....That I'm living in the same day and age as them and that, probably, they'll make one more album........ And If not.....I'm REALLY content they gave me and all of us a LOT of music to enjoy and be uplifted by....Sure, some albums are better than others but that's art, that's human nature.....Nobody's perfect and all that philosophy ......

This is what being a fan is about!

Not how many years you've been a fan. Not whether or not you were a magazine subscriber. Not how many shows you've been to. Not whether you've met the band or not. All of that stuff is just the window dressing. If U2 is your favourite band, then you are a fan. Simple.

There are no diehard fans, real fans, true fans, casual fans, or so-called fans. Just fans.

At the end of the day.....I'm content I got to buy all the U2 albums and rarities I wanted, that I can be in here in Zootopia ....That I'm living in the same day and age as them and that, probably, they'll make one more album........ And If not.....I'm REALLY content they gave me and all of us a LOT of music to enjoy and be uplifted by....Sure, some albums are better than others but that's art, that's human nature.....Nobody's perfect and all that philosophy ......

Not how many years you've been a fan. Not whether or not you were a magazine subscriber. Not how many shows you've been to. Not whether you've met the band or not. All of that stuff is just the window dressing. If U2 is your favourite band, then you are a fan. Simple.

There are no diehard fans, real fans, true fans, casual fans, or so-called fans. Just fans.

Love it man

Im 32....seen them 10 times:

Popmart (1), Elevation (2), Vertigo (1), 360 (2) and i+e (4).

Got tixs for 3 shows this tour also.

Please let it be highlighted as best answer

Please let it be highlighted as best answer

Yeah, that's the best comment ever !!!! , Grande ! B)

Age 47

1) 5-30-01, Elevation, Palace of Auburn Hills, MI
2) 10-10-01, Elevation, University of Notre Dame, IN (first show after 9-11; flew NYC firefights to ND and brought them on stage - VERY COOL)
3) 10-24-05, Vertigo, Palace of Auburn Hills, MI, first night
4) 10-25-05, Vertigo, Palace of Auburn Hills, MI, second night
5) 9-12-09, U2360, Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
6) 6-26-11, U2360, Michigan State University, MI
7) 5-22-15, U2IE, U.S. Airways Center, Phoenix, AZ
8) 6-14-17, TJTT, Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL (TJT first cassette I purchase in 1987 as a Junior in High School)

Naz

Interesting post topic.  You know, because U2 isn't the hot new band, but they are also not the Rolling Stones or Eagles and this is an internet forum which didn't exist when I discovered them in 1983. So always curious of age and when people got into them.

So I am 46 fan since 1983.

Saw them in 1987 Joshua Tree

then not until 1997 Popmart

twice in 2001 - Elevation

twice in 2005 - Vertigo

2009 - 360

2011 - 360

twice in 2015 - I+E

So that makes 10 times and have tickets for Boston and NJ this summer.

1st show was 1983 like this ticket stub shows. My daughter and I have been to 5 or 6 shows, funny I don't remember the count. I'm old and forget stuff.  Will be 76 this year. I know ..what? That's what I say. Have huge collection of U2 stuff .

I'm 41, almost 42.

2/29/1992 - Lakeland, FL - Zoo TV arena leg

3/1/1992 - Miami, FL - Zoo TV arena leg

10/3/1992 - Miami, FL - Zoo TV Outside Broadcast

11/10/1997 - Tampa, FL - Popmart

11/14/1997 - Miami, FL - Popmart

12/31/1999 - Washington DC (Bono & Lanois performed One)

3/24/2001 - Sunrise, FL - Elevation

3/26/2001 - Sunrise, FL - Elevation

12/2/2001 - Miami, FL - Elevation

11/13/2005 - Miami, FL - Vertigo

11/14/2005 - Miami, FL - Vertigo

6/29/2011 - Miami, FL - U2 360

(Upcoming) 6/11/2017 - Miami, FL - JT 2017

(Also, I saw Rattle and Hum at the movies in 1988 and U23D about 5 times at the IMAX.... does that count?)

Edited by rlj1010

There was a screening of Rattle & Hum at an Omnimax theatre in 1994. Unfortunately I didn't get around to going.

This is great to see how U2 can have fans of all ages not just a bunch of older folks as most of my friends think and I'm sure a lot of people do think that.

I'm 44.

Seen them 8 times.

1992 Ghent, Zoo TV

1993 Werchter, Zooropa

1997 Werchter, PopMart

2001 Antwerp, Elevation

2005 Brussels, Vertigo

2009 Wembley, 360°

2010 Brussels, 360°

2015 Anterp, i+e

Number 9 coming up in August (Brussels).

31 shows.  49 years on the earth

Croke Park                                                      Dublin                                29/06/1985

Croke Park                                                      Dublin                                27/06/1987

Pairc Ui Chaoimh                                            Cork                                   08/08/1987

Pairc Ui Chaoimh                                            Cork                                   24/08/1993

RDS                                                                Dublin                                 28/08/1993

Feyenoord Stadion                                         Rotterdam                          18/07/1997

Feyenoord Stadion                                         Rotterdam                          19/07/1997

Lansdowne Road                                           Dublin                                 30/08/1997

Lansdowne Road                                           Dublin                                 31/08/1997

The Astoria Theatre                                       London                               07/02/2001

United Centre                                                 Chicago                              16/05/2001

MEN Arena                                                     Manchester                        11/08/2001

Slane Castle                                                   Slane                                  25/08/2001

Croke Park                                                     Dublin                                 24/06/2005

Croke Park                                                     Dublin                                 25/08/2005

Croke Park                                                     Dublin                                 27/08/2005

Madison Square Garden                               New York                            07/10/2005

Madison Square Garden                               New York                            11/10/2005

Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann                Nice                                    15/07/2009

Croke Park                                                    Dublin                                  24/07/2009

Croke Park                                                    Dublin                                  25/07/2009

Croke Park                                                    Dublin                                  27/07/2009

Giants Stadium                                              East Rutherford                   24/09/2009

Rogers Arena                                                Vancouver                           14/05/2015

Rogers Arena                                                Vancouver                           15/05/2015

Ziggo Dome                                                   Amsterdam                         09/09/2015

O2 Arena                                                        London                              29/10/2015

3 arena                                                           Dublin                                23/11/2015

3 arena                                                           Dublin                                24/11/2005

3 arena                                                           Dublin                                27/11/2015

3 arena                                                           Dublin                                28/11/2015

Wow, magnificent!