Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

patjoller

2016/2017 Subscriber Gift/Whats the 2017 Gift for Subscribers/Renewal Gift

I do love T-shirts (thanks again Monica :)), but since I'm considering to not buy the new box (although I haven't decided yet) I'd like to have the picture book and the prints. 

The book with the pictures of Edge in the new JT box would have been a great subscriber gift, certainly in combination with the prints of Anton Corbijn.

THIS and  some music....But I'd be pleased  with just the Hard-Back Book .....

It sure would have been nice to announce something from the Joshua Tree 30th anniversary packages as a subscriber gift.  I'd love to get the "Live at Madison Square Garden" - I have just about everything else from the JT 20th anniversary release and various singles.  And I really dislike most mixes.  Or how about a special edition that doesn't include stuff from the 20th anniversary package?  Sorry, but not buying this one - and still waiting for the subscriber gift info.

I agree with you. This is a rather pointless release considering we already have the 20th anniversary edition. It is also woefully over priced, £75 for 4 cd's? Two of which I already have anyway! Why can't they give us what we really want, a Super Deluxe version of *POP*!

And yes let's get the subscriber gift announced!

I'm starting to think....The Subscriber Gift will be SOE ,  ahead of it's official release .... Maybe with some exclusive tracks, for us..... Am I dreaming Out Too Loud ?

It sure would have been nice to announce something from the Joshua Tree 30th anniversary packages as a subscriber gift.  I'd love to get the "Live at Madison Square Garden" - I have just about everything else from the JT 20th anniversary release and various singles.  And I really dislike most mixes.  Or how about a special edition that doesn't include stuff from the 20th anniversary package?  Sorry, but not buying this one - and still waiting for the subscriber gift info.

I agree with you. This is a rather pointless release considering we already have the 20th anniversary edition. It is also woefully over priced, £75 for 4 cd's? Two of which I already have anyway! Why can't they give us what we really want, a Super Deluxe version of *POP*!

And yes let's get the subscriber gift announced!

POP!!!!!!!! Wouldn't it be nice if they did that as a gift for us die-hards... just avoided presenting it publicly?

Hmm. I think it would be popular in Europe... just not the USA...

POP's singles did very well here in the UK. So did the album too.

Hmm. I think it would be popular in Europe... just not the USA...

POP's singles did very well here in the UK. So did the album too.

I still say that in many ways that album was 20 years ahead of its time. It could have been released fresh, brand-new anytime in the last 5 or so years and been a mega hit. Yes, it was very much infused by the late 90s sound but there's a LOT of that and the 80s sound running around now, and I think the thematic content, at this cultural time, would hit home.

Which leads me to believe they should embrace it, re-release it, and rather than be apologetic for it, say "look what we did 20 years ago that you're going to LOVE now. We were WAAAAAAY ahead of you".

When people pay money for something they should at least get an update. The last official thing I heard about the gift was that it would be revieled "in the early part of the New Year". That was in December.

I hope it will be worth the wait & it isn't a lithograph.

I hope it will be worth the wait & it isn't a lithograph.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Howabout we all get one of Edge's discarded beanie hats? Surely there is enough for us all to have one??

seriously, almost april and still nothing. Stop for a minute celebrating the Joshua Tree and just do this, please

seriously, almost april and still nothing. Stop for a minute celebrating the Joshua Tree and just do this, please

It must be SOE.....I tell you.....Or "SO WHAT ?" and maybe .. "  So....Anyway ... So Much for THAT album ....."

Somebody, somewhere must be able to contact U2's management about this embarrassment of a fan club. 

for what, they don't care. they already got the money from fan member, thanks to a revival tour. So no need to hurry for this gift.

I'll wait even for December, but please: No lithographs! No books! No vinyls! No cassettes (I know you think about this :P )!  It'll be good to have one/two CD (DVDs & BDs are also fine :ph34r: ) with some very rare stuff, unreleased live concert or some outtakes!

Of course would be nice to hear earlier the setlist and release date... :rolleyes:

I'll wait even for December, but please: No lithographs! No books! No vinyls! No cassettes (I know you think about this :P )!  It'll be good to have one/two CD (DVDs & BDs are also fine :ph34r: ) with some very rare stuff, unreleased live concert or some outtakes!

Of course would be nice to hear earlier the setlist and release date... :rolleyes:

No BDs, Vinyls or cassettes ... !!!..... I don't want to buy a BD-player for this....Haven't bought a Turn-Table for the vinyl either nor a cassette player.... ..... 

Just CD//DVD would be OK, really ....

Player piano rolls!

Wax Cylinders  , yeah !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wax Cylinders are the best, no higher quality mono sound can be found elsewhere!