Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

patjoller

2016/2017 Subscriber Gift/Whats the 2017 Gift for Subscribers/Renewal Gift

I would like a hard cover book about the IE tour as they did for 360.  The 360 hard cover was, hands down, my favorite gift.  

What if the gift was we got to choose five songs for the upcoming tour? Let's say we voted as we did for 360 live cd gift.  I cannot remember the official title.  I'm lucky to remember my own name these days.  An hour looking for keys which I am holding is not uncommon!  

So if we got to vote five songs...how many do you think would be from Pop?

Do you think our conversations about wanting more Pop might have some bearing on the set list(s)?   It seems to me they have always give us what we spoke about in the past.  We got The Unforgettable Fire for 360 and I remember a lot of discussion/mentioning of that song before that tour began.  We got Zooropa and I also remember that one being mentioning, although it was less than TUF.  Perhaps we will get some Pop muzik.

I want Please.  Next, I wold choose Gone.  Yes, they used the latter a few tours but that song sounded incredible live.  I'd say Mofo but I did not like that song live.  It's one of my favorite U2 songs but it did nothing for me live.

I'd love to hear Dirty Day and Daddy's Gonna Pay...those are such underrated songs. 

Please would be my first choice.  

I would like a hard cover book about the IE tour as they did for 360.  The 360 hard cover was, hands down, my favorite gift.  

Yes, i loved that gift!

I know it's only a joke, but I actually wouldn't mind that. I've looked into having a Joshua tree in my garden, pretty much impossible to get over here.

I'm not used to plant seeds, but I'm getting the hang of it. ;)  :D

So, almost april 3rd..... Sadly, still no news on the new gift. Can we get two gifts for 2017/2018??? My God, why are they postponing these things. Why not get early with news, gifts etc..??? BTW where is the radiorelease for Red hill mining town? Ow, sorry that should be another thread.

Thanks for that. I've asked at garden nurseries and just blank looks. Wasn't sure if there was a quarantine on them or something, but that ebay seller might be a go.

Anyone got any idea what the 2017 Gift is, and when we will get it.

It says on the subscription page that it will be announced Early in 2107

It's now April, personally, I would now say we are no longer in the Early section of 2017

As of right now it is unknown... you will need to have patience and wait until the announcement...

Anyone got any idea what the 2017 Gift is, and when we will get it.

It says on the subscription page that it will be announced Early in 2107

It's now April, personally, I would now say we are no longer in the Early section of 2017

maybe you're right with 2107 :P

U2.com: this years gift could be:

A cd with non album songs (north star, mercy, songs from Wide Awake In Europe, boy falls from the sky, ordinary love (all versions).

Blu-ray with the LoveTown documentary/outtakes rattle and hum

Blu-ray year in pop with documentary and full show (not mexico).

Blu-ray with the HBO I&E documentary

Cd Songs of Ascent

Promo boxset with Ordinary love, Invisible, the miracle, Every breaking wave and Song for Someone.(for collectors).

Blu-ray with highlights from the last tour with behind the scenes.

What's the problem?

Those are great options. Another one wolud be U23D. This could be a 3d-movie, a regular movie, just the sound... I Know vertigo tour had realeased chicago, milan, communication, but considering de re-re-re-realeased Joshua Tree era, who knows?

Been waiting since June last year for subscription gift package. Renewed again in Jan in order to secure presale code and tickets. Still waiting for that subscription gift too. Long term fan and member of U2 com - let subcription lapse so am now assigned newbie status. Love the band and prepared to be patient but must say am disappointed in fan club subscription organisation.

Okay. STILL NO NEWS. Only a new playlist from a fan in the newssection. No streaming of RHMT.... and. NO SUBSCRIPTIONGIFTNEWS. It's almost 2018!

Is there a word strong enough to describe this situation and how ridiculous it became ?

Meanwhile, in Yemen, women and children are starving to death. Really, people?

yeah... 50$ invested in this club and not to fight poverty in yemen...

Great comment by the way, I hope you are doing something other than sermonize people in here. :)

will we get it in 2071 instead?

:P It's just a small difference....

Meanwhile, in Yemen, women and children are starving to death. Really, people?

I think u2.com got so many moneys from subscribers and didn't release any gift, so u2.com can give some of this moneys to Yemen or any other charity.

But of course you have right, that this is not the most important problem in the world. ;)

It would be great if there was a poll to pick the gift.

Yeah....and in the poll, the *POP* demos with Pop-Era-hardback book - question should definitely be included !!!

It would be great if there was a poll to pick the gift.

Yeah....and in the poll, the *POP* demos with Pop-Era-hardback book - question should definitely be included !!!
All I Want Is This

i would prefer unreleased music over any books or lithographs. Failing that any form of blu ray would be nice